What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Shorts Flo 10/10 grow log

G

Thanks Slickster! Great grow log.. I will be watching, want to run Flo outdoors in the midwest next year. Beautiful plants.

Thanks Smoke68, DJ's strains all seem to have that characteristic of the top emerging leaves to be tinted either blue in the Blueberry or maroon especially in cool temps which I will be without through flowering.

For now they will all be topped many times into a bush till the summer heat passes and I can put them into flowering at about 3 months. Early and stretchy males are being culled first when found.

Last edited:
Here they are at 3 months and 3 weeks going into flowering now with the 250 HPS. They were transplanted into 3 gallon containers with a mix of coco, compost, rare earth, vermiculite, earth worm castings and plenty of perlite. Fed them Earth Juice bloom to start the feeding cycles. Next watering will be the Earth Juice Catalyst, and the next with Earth Juice Microblast combined with Ful-mag. Then their feeding cycles will vary depending on their needs over the first few weeks into flowering until finished at 6 weeks or so.

Had to get past the heat of the summer to go into flowering. They are currently under a 250w HPS, combined with one 130w 6700K CFL striplight, and a side 130w full spectrum 2700K CFL bulb. In the pics they are under the Metal Halide. All 5 males were culled, the last ones accidentily as I had thought that Flo C was going to be a male, but it is now a confirmed female. The 5 females are A, C, E, I, and J. I will pollinate them with some frozen pollen from the True Blueberry leaning Mississippi Mud male I grew out from JLP.

Last edited:
O

Organic Farmer

3 months and 3 weeks is such a long time for vegging in my oppinion.
But your plants seems to be great.

I use 400W MH for vegging and believe-me: 1 mounth of 18/06 and they get ****ing big!!!Good luck on your run bro...

I probably will grow O.Flo someday!!!

Hello Organic Farmer, the Flo is a slow growing strain and I just picked up a 400w but it will have to be for the next round. Here they are at 4 weeks flowering and 4 days roughly.

All have been harvested with each female yielding just over a zip, which should last a good time as I normally consume a gram throughout the day of various strains. They smelled funky and berry in flower, and should hopefully become fruity and berry in cure. All were early pollinated with frozen pollen from a JLP Mississippi Mud male I grew out.

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
They're beautiful phenos - nice work.

I didn't get that pheno in my pack (old DP version), but I'm hoping something similar will pop in the next F2 batch, or maybe even the F3s I made with my weird female.

Thanks guys, I will be "working" on the smoke report for a bit and will add it in here as well. They are just drying, and from what I've been sampling it is hard to pin point certain characteristics just yet but the effects are very good. It smells sweet just dried, and after a month long cure I will be better able to tell where it's at in more detail. Definitely worth the wait, this strain scores in the effects department. Which makes it a good strain to have in the medicine cabinet for everyone. When flowering starts, it smells exactly like you'd expect good weed to smell. Then it turned quite pungent on me, and added some berry smell arrived at the end. Will cure it and remain "testing" the various samples until more details come into play more clearly. There is alot to discover in this smoke, very subtle and multi-leveled effects. Peace.

M

mossy

Cheers Slickster...excellent thread..beautiful girls.
Can't wait to see the off-spring.

The cross I got with my JLP Mud..makes me happier by the day. :wave:

Painfull

Please give a smoke report. I have the flo and would like to give it a go. Keep the reports coming.
Peace,
Painfull :headbange

Thanks Stofer, here is a preliminary smoke report that should be able to provide a general idea of what to expect among the varying possibilities within the 5 Flo phenos and their expressions.

There were Flo A, C, E, I and J. Flo E and I were the best and were cloned and are now both vegging.

We'll start with Flo A, which smells fresh light and tangy. It was the smallest plant so I kept it right under the lamp and it caught up with the rest and ended up producing the most potent bud, highest yield, and largest seeds of the 5. It has a slight touch of berry, mint, and licorice; but the licorice was more pronounced before a weeks' cure. The high and stone are even like most of the rest, however this Flo A was the strongest of the 5 Flo. This one is reserved for relaxing during the weekends, and rightly so.

Flo C has a light licorice mint about it and in growth, most resembled Flo E as these two were the stockiest bushes of the 5. It has some kind of orange citrus, but will have to wait until it cures for a few months to get a better picture altogether.

Flo E smells like berry-cream bubblegum and tastes good to boot, making it the favorite. There is a citrus factor upon breakup of the buds that is subtle in itself in the curing jar; which smells sweet altogether. Flo E has the most delightful, kind, upbeat effects and allows me to be and appear fully functional especially while working. It is the perfect reward and has a happy kind of effect not unlike bubblegum but in a 50/50 Sativa to Indica kind of way.

Flo I was the second best sporting Kush like growth patterns along with pistils ripening orange after week 4. This one will be shown later as the clone develops to show the growth patterns. Flo I has a smooth light tangy smell about it and the effects are functional and delightful.

Flo J was the most Sativa of them all both in growth patterns and effects. This one really was a 60/40 Sativa/Indica whereas the others averaged along the 50/50 border in effects and growth as well in my case. This one has the most up high of the 5 Flo and branched the most with more yet smaller budsites. The smell in jar is spicy and lightly citrusy, quite delightful. This one will require more time to properly cure as the taste is not there just yet.

Last edited:

Smoke68

Smoke68 said:
Stoned2Death said I have never seen that kind of coloring in a seedling, let alone before it sets its first true leaves. I have a good feeling about what is to come of these plants. Keep up the good work Slickster
I lied, I just yesterday, popped a bagseed that has me jumping purple:jump:!!! I keep coming back to this grow show, and letting her (oh god I hope its a her lol) take after some keen examples of a marijuana plant. I am praying for a Flow pheno. E like yours. BTW thank you for the great smoke report! And as Painfull asks, what seedbank are those beans from?

Alright Farmerjoe, they have now cured for a few months and each has a definite citrus component and or combination. Painfull, these are DJ Short beans and all are delightful in similar and yet different ways and have a smooth head to them. Thanks masterlow37, smelling, tasting, and smoking the differences is half the fun. Hey there Smoke68, you will be sure to find a great pheno. I also will go to another thread of a Flo grow, take Hashassassins Flo gro, and find inspiration and example of how I may get it to grow for me in my environment. They did not color over due to the hot temps of the Summer, but as seedlings you can see they have that potential.

We'll start with Flo A first, which now has a fresh and equally tangy-zesty and tropical fruit combination of smells. There is some lemon-grapefruit smell mixed in with a base of pine. Upon breakup was able to discern pine cleaner and peppermint aside from the grapefruit and half lemon citrus zest. At first had thought of lime cleaner, but then carefully broke down the components one by one. Apparently placing this one right under the lamp assisted with not only giving this the biggest seeds, most buds, and strongest phenotype of the 5, but also allowed for the extra development of terpenes as well. The smoke tastes more woodsy than earthy.

Flo C smells equally of black licorice and green peppermint with a hint of fresh astrigent and zesty tangerine with pine cleaner as a base. More smoke tests needed for details on this one so will see what else lays within this one.

Flo E after cure has a hint of grapefruit citrus while still retaining the fruity berry-cream bubblegum with floral perfume like backgrounds. This one was the sweetest smelling of them all and the smoke tastes sweet on this one all the way to the exhale and beyond. It has the kindest effects of the 5, and thus has been the most "tested".

Flo I, this one got very interesting after some curing and sweating. It's got a spicy cedar hardwood frankinsence smell on the outside. With an astrigent smell upon breakup with a hint of turpentine. This one is very complex and so it will take some more time to cure and then smoke. Upon smoking the taste is earthy and then woodsy.

Flo J uniquely smells of citronella and wildflower nectar. The citronella lends a refreshingly cool smell to it and the citrus seems to have been coverted to citronella as I can not detect the citrus from pre-cure amidst the citronella post-cure. This one is great for morning to mid-day activities and leisured recreation as well. It is the one I got that really subjectively feels like approximately 60/40 Sativa to Indica for me. This one has developed the most in terms of curing and still need more to go in order to mellow out the buzz and allow the flavors and smells to meld a bit more.

If I had to grade them in order of favorites, they would be first E, then, I, and A, C, and finally J. Got these from the Doc and there were no freebies. Seebay was out of them from DJ at the time, and I later found out after they'd germinated that they still had them at the Boutique. Each pheno after breakup and deseeding made some fingerhash that was quite the pleasure of smoking. I am not letting go of Flo E, it is too sweet and rewarding, definitely worth more than the $12 dollar seed it came from. The terpenes on Flo are plentiful and diverse, making it a truly original strain.

Last edited:
G

How bout that....flo E was the most colorful seedling and sweetest tasting bud. Very nice report! :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts