What's new

DIY Vortex Brewer

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Legitimate brewer there definitely borrowing the design for my next brewer. Thanks for sharing

Norkali

LOL - I have all of the materials together, and just realized that my 5-gallon jug has a handle built-in it.

That's gonna mess the vortex up, huh? smh.

Norkali

Okay, time for a bump.

It's been a while, and I've been busy, but I'm finally getting around to putting this thing together. I got a nice, proper five gallon jug; but want to mount my brewer in/on a nice stand, (no offense at all Bunz, with all due respect, :tiphat:) something a little more sturdy.

I listened to what Bunz was saying about his intended modifications - routing the air from the top and capping it off, moving the air inlet further down. Here's what we came up with.

picture.php

Had a buddy put this little awesome air inlet together for me, he's got a knack for plumbing. Notice the 3/8''x1/2'' reducing coupling - that'll allow me to run the air hose directly to the pump. :biggrin:

picture.php
picture.php

Anybody have any ideas for a good way to mount this beast? Thanks!

The Groff

Sure. Air is a lot less dense that water, so it rises. The negative pressure created sucks the water up. That, in a nutshell.

ogrerun

Ive been looking at these things on the web and all I gotta say is ssoooooooo much money...diy forever bsby..yyaaaaaaa