What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Vortex Brewer

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Legitimate brewer there definitely borrowing the design for my next brewer. Thanks for sharing

Norkali

LOL - I have all of the materials together, and just realized that my 5-gallon jug has a handle built-in it.

That's gonna mess the vortex up, huh? smh.

Norkali

Okay, time for a bump.

It's been a while, and I've been busy, but I'm finally getting around to putting this thing together. I got a nice, proper five gallon jug; but want to mount my brewer in/on a nice stand, (no offense at all Bunz, with all due respect, :tiphat:) something a little more sturdy.

I listened to what Bunz was saying about his intended modifications - routing the air from the top and capping it off, moving the air inlet further down. Here's what we came up with.

picture.php

Had a buddy put this little awesome air inlet together for me, he's got a knack for plumbing. Notice the 3/8''x1/2'' reducing coupling - that'll allow me to run the air hose directly to the pump. :biggrin:

picture.php
picture.php

Anybody have any ideas for a good way to mount this beast? Thanks!

The Groff

Sure. Air is a lot less dense that water, so it rises. The negative pressure created sucks the water up. That, in a nutshell.

ogrerun

Ive been looking at these things on the web and all I gotta say is ssoooooooo much money...diy forever bsby..yyaaaaaaa