What's new

DIY Vertical Cooler System

G

Thank Haggis, should be some fun

Hey Cannapits, platforms are good and i'll most likelu build a few. I'm thinking about reducing the height of the unit and adding another verticle tube. If one was to build four platforms and make a cube around. Say, 3 600HPS cool tube. That would give 100 plant setup and then comes the problem of Fed charges. With the setup i have now. The total number of plant is 96 and with a mother plant or two. This still keeps one under the Federal 100 plant law. I'm trying to look at the big picture here also. Let me know if you get around to building one.

Thanks SOG

Take care all,
BG

DrawoH

nice looking cooler unit my br0.... gota love vert growing,,, your units are looking nice,,, great progression of idea's.... gona look great when full.... should look somthing like the pics below,,,, peace ... illl be chattin with ya soon...

take care,
DrawoH

G

Thanks for sharing the pictures Draw. Boy, its nice to see the other vericle growiner showing off their stuff. Can't wait to see those girl in full bloom.
Take care

Hey Cannapits, where i was figuring out the numbers. I figured that four tubes of six grow sites times four complete units would be perfect. It keeps you under that 100 plant law and give you enough room for a couple of mother plants and still under the law. Will see once i get going again. How the 96 plant unit works. I'm alittle worried about the top grow site might be alittle to high. That's if i get a clone that want to hit 3 feet, but will see. You take care and can't wait to see what you come up with.
Take care,
BG

G

As you can see in this picture. Everything fits nice and neat inside the cool with the 12 grow sites i had setup. I'm thinking the full 24 might fit also, but the verticle tubes might have to be taken apart. Any ways, I thought everyone would like to see. What i like about the cool. Everything fits nice and neat inside and you don't have to worry about lossing parts while storing if not in use.
Take care,
BG

G

sugabear_II said:
such a cool idea i wonder if you did a square res with four tubes of four with a 400 watter....

Hey sugabear, this idea can be size to fit anyone's needs. I'm sure you could scale it down and use some 400 watt lights. I'm planning on using 3 600HPS with cool tubes for my setup.
Later,
BG

G

Update, I'm going to be SUPER busy at work this week, but i'll be getting somemore supply's this week. I'm going to cut somemore spacer's and buy some more Wye fiitings and stack the full 24 grow sites. This will let me see a couple of things. I need to see the final height on the top grow tube. This will let me know if i need to make some changes because the unit is to tall. I also need to know if the pump i just bought. Will pump to the verticle height of this unit. If not, I'll pick up a stronger pump and correct it. Stay tune this weekend and you'll see the fully constructed unit. If all goes well and i hope. I'm going to build three more of these and place them in a cube square formation. I'll place 3 600HPS cool tubes in the center and see what these units can do. Thanks again for all the support and views. We just pushed over 9500 views.
Take care all,
BG

T.doT.Toker

Leave this place better then when i arrived
Veteran
Wow very nice work GDW. I was really busy this past few weeks but im back like i stole something!! I will see you in EU in a few years... im already saving! no joke! :)

G

Thanks TTT, it's fun. Just wish i had more time to work on the unit. Been super busy at work and think i might have the time this weekend to finish her up. Got to find time to pick up "Another",lol larger pump. I've also got to cut more spacer's for the Wye's. Going to add the other 12 to make the unit a full 24 grow sites. Now, in a perfect growing environment and with the right strain with lighting. I would think this unit would pull a oz dry per a site easy. I'm personally hoping for about 1.5-2 oz's per. I'll run it with my NYCD and another good yielding strain and see what happens. I'll also run Trainwreck and see what happens. Now, if you build 4 of these unit with 24 gorw sites. Your looking at 96 grow sites total. This will keep you under that spepical number of 100. Even with your mother plant. I'm planning to run each unit at 2 weeks. Stock the first unit, then wait 2 weeks to stock the other and so on. This should give me a harvest roughly every 2 weeks, plus or minus. With each unit having it's own rez tank and pump. You can also run different strain with out PPM or PH problem. This is another reason i like this setup. Well, I'll try to finish up and get the new pump test fired. I'm thinking about either a 3/4hp or 1 hp pump. Will see. Thanks everyone and take care.
Later,
BG

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
oooooh! i have a lot to catch up on!
so you re-did some things i see! :lurk:
keep er comin BG! its a vertical revolution! :pimp3:
i hope to throw the pipes up for this cube we're buildin on sunday!
be weLL!

T.doT.Toker

Leave this place better then when i arrived
Veteran
2 oz a site is alot of buds my friend :O MMmmm elbows of diesel... can i help with the trimming??

G

Hello everyone, sorry i haven't been around much. Had a quick run to the ER the other day. Nothing to bad, had a small tumor pressing against some nerves in my face. Caused me to go alittle bit blind in one eye and get dizzy. All is well and the tumor has been removed. The tumor has been tested and i'm in the clear.

As for the system. I'm going to work on it soon. Looking at some other pumps i saw in Lowes that other day and want to check them out. I'll get back on track and get this unit done soon. Full length tubes with the right pump to push the water flow to the top at a nice pressure. I've also got a idea for a very small unit for those will very small growing space, but i'll talk more about that later on.

ethereal, thanks for the kind words

Bartender187, it sure does feel good. Not as good as when i'm back in full swing. Thanks

TTT, My NYCD cut was pulling 4oz in my Ebb&Flo setup, so i don't see a problem with pulling 2 oz per a site. First run will be fine tunning and then second run should yield the monsters, but i guess the first run will do well also.

Thanks again everyone,
BG

G

Just read through the thread, and this looks great. If I had a little more space to grow in, I'd be building one myself.

One thought on testing the system: why not grow something else? Kind of a dry run. You'd be able to work a lot of the kinks out over the next few months, and you'd have fresh tomatoes or whatever. Then, when you do your first real run, you'll know a lot better what to expect.

Sorry to hear about your tumor, man. Glad to hear it's all taken care of.

G

Really don't have the time or space to do a dry run of veggies. It's going to have to wait, but i will be building three more units onces i get the bugs worked out of this one. Then everyone can watch a full run of four different strains. That will be harvested roughly every 2 weeks on a 8 week flowering strain. Thanks for the kind words on my health. All is good and i'm feeling so much better. Saw the doctor today and all looks great. Vision is back to normal and no dizziness.
Thanks,
BG

G

Thanks 3T's. Haven't been talking much about it, because it scared the hell out of me. Saw the Dr. the Tuesday and all test have come back good. Everything is back to normal and i'm feeling so much better. I will have the unit and all updated posted the weekend of the 17,18th. Got some stuff to do before then and i'll have the new pump and full tubes setup. Everyone will be pleased with the new changes in pumps. Thanks again for everyone following this thread. I will be adding a Mini unit for cabinet grower's as well. Hopefully i will get to this on the same weekend.
Take care all,
BG