What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds R.C.Clarke Method as Base

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, unfortunately, this appears to be a failed experiment. The pollen sacs opened but had no pollen in them.

Now, the round pollen sacs have given way to clusters that look more like nanners than pollen sacs.

It's hard to tell what's happening. I am going to wait it out and see if anything happens.

This is an auto in week 10. How long can I keep an auto alive? It is outside.

Oddly enough, it almost looks like it's re-vegging in some places.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 76
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 77
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 72
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 71
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 71

Ringodoggie

Premium user
The plant is healthy and still producing but it's an auto and it's already 10 weeks.

I wonder how long you can keep an auto alive?

I'll let ya know. LOL

Thanks again.

Reactions: Cvh

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some info on reversing plants treated with organic oils as part of IPM.

I noticed I was having issues getting plants to fully reverse no matter how strong the mix was.. After thinking about it something was preventing the STS from soaking in... What could cause this?... I use a product called Growsafe for IPM.. It's mostly Soybean oil and Corn Oil. Oils will make other solutions run off.. I took a few plants and washed off the growsafe as best I could a few times before I treated them with STS.. This worked all plants are back to fully reversing. I thought I should add this info for anyone using similar products and not getting good reversals.

Last edited:

brickweeder

Some info on reversing plants treated with organic oils as part of IPM.

I noticed I was having issues getting plants to fully reverse no matter how strong the mix was.. After thinking about it something was preventing the STS from soaking in... What could cause this?... I use a product called Growsafe for IPM.. It's mostly Soybean oil and Corn Oil. Oils will make other solutions run off.. I took a few plants and washed off the growsafe as best I could a few times before I treated them with STS.. This worked all plants are back to fully reversing. I thought I should add this info for anyone using similar products and not getting good reversals.
along these lines, maybe add some soap to the sts solution to serve as a surfactant and get better sts absorption...

St. Phatty

Great post, thanks for sharing DC. You mentioned colloidal silver but not how its made, this picture may be helpful also.

how-to-make-colloidal-silver-generator-to-make-feminized-cannabis-seeds.jpg

This made me lol.

What is the Molarity of the desired solution, to make the colloidal silver ?

I figure just a tiny amount of Silver goes into solution. Micrograms or less.

If it was 108 micrograms in one liter, that would be 1 micro mole and 1 micro-molar solution.

For the Silver Thiosulphate solution, I think that is a Metathesis reaction.

The molecular version of wife-swapping ... sort of.

tejashidrow

Been following this thread for a bit. I’ve tried a lot of the ideas here, and tried CS also, all with no success.
Ran across this and said why not???
And I finally have success!!! ( link below)
The mixing was easy to understand and simple. Since I don’t need as much stock solution ( after mixing a/b, I toss the remaining individual solutions as I don’t need) I halved the amounts.
Hope this helps some one else!!!

MAKE POLLEN EASY

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Been following this thread for a bit. I’ve tried a lot of the ideas here, and tried CS also, all with no success.
Ran across this and said why not???
And I finally have success!!!
Glad to hear of your success, and thank you so much for stopping by and letting us know. :D

Has anyone noticed a few new pistils still forming, when the dosing is right and you're *consistently* getting good quality pollen?

acespicoli

Anyone worked out the molar strength of this solution 1:9 ?
I found Some more information/history about manipulating ethylene in plants, figured someone would appreciate.

I found a university research paper pdf on manipulating sexual expression in hemp dated February 27th 1978 from Copernicus University in Poland. It does not use Rodelization, stress or silver soloution though to supress ethylene production.
Gibberellic acid promoted masculinization,
whereas IAA, ethylene and kinetin had a feminization effect on sex of hemp. :thinking:

There is also sex reversal thru drought stress to hermi or root bound methods so many ways to stress...
All 100% stable offspring ? F ? thats the question

There are some papers out there that deal with the most reliable precursors to a result that's ... STS
Theres a reason thats what everyone uses... its not reversable at adequate ppm

mM
It stands for millimolar. The letter “M” is a shorthand for molarity or molar, it is a concentration in moles per liter, mol/L. The term is now deprecated and mol/L is preferred. It may be used with any SI prefix.

Silver thiosulfate/Molar mass
327.87 g/mol

Measuring and Mixing Stock Solution "A"
* Fill your 500ml measuring cup with 500ml of distilled water
* Measure out .5g of Silver Nitrate
Silver Nitrate (AgNO3) is 107 + 14 + 48 = 169.9 g/mol.

Measuring and Mixing Stock Solution "B"

* Fill the 500ml container with 500ml of distilled water
* Measure out 2.5 grams of sodium thiosulfate **anhydrous**,
In its anhydrous form, sodium thiosulfate has a molar mass of 158.11 grams per mole.

The more commonly available pentahydrate from, Na2S2O3. 5H2O has a molar mass of 248.18 g/mol.

* Measure 50ml of stock solution "B"
* Measure 50ml of stock solution "A"

Add 900ml of distilled water to fill the sprayer the rest of the way, leaving room for a little bit of surfactant

The molar mass of sodium thiosulfate (Na2S2O3) is 158.11 g/mol.
For a 0.1N solution, the molarity is 0.1 moles per liter.
Dissolve 15.811 grams of sodium thiosulfate in distilled water and then make up the volume to 1 liter.

Molarity is moles/Liter.

STS
  • A- 1.58 g of Sodium Thiosulfate
  • B- 1.7 g of Silver Nitrate

Prepare as follows:

• Dissolve (1.58g Sodium Thiosulfate) in 100 mL water to create a 0.1M stock solution
  • Dissolve (1.7g Silver Nitrate) in 100 mL water to create a 0.1M stock solution.
  • Prepare 0.02M (20mM) Silver Thiosulfate by adding 20 mL 0.1 M silver nitrate into 80 mL 0.1M sodium thiosulfate (or amounts in ration of 4 parts thiosulfate solution to 1 part silver nitrate solution).

Silver Thiosulfate – Plant Tissue Culture Protocol​

Prepare a 0.1 M Sodium Thiosulfate (STS) stock solution by dissolving 1.58 g of Sodium Thiosulfate
(Product No. S7026) into 100 mL of water.

Prepare a 0.1 M Silver Nitrate stock solution by dissolving 1.7 g of Silver Nitrate (Product No. S7276) into 100 mL of water.

Store the stock solutions in the dark until needed to prepare the STS.
In general, the STS is prepared with a molar ratio between silver and thiosulfate of 1:4, respectively.

Nearly all of the silver present in the solution is in the form of [Ag(S2O3)2]3-,
the active complex for ethylene effect inhibition.

Prepare a 0.02 M STS by slowly pouring
20 mL of 0.1 M silver nitrate stock solution into
80 mL of 0.1 M sodium thiosulfate stock solution.

The STS can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month.
However, preparation of the STS just prior to use is recommended.

Conclusion​

A compound’s relative molar mass is defined as the smallest mass unit of a compound that is equal to one twelfth the mass of a single carbon- 12 atom.The standard unit for this is the gramme molecular weight (g mol-1). The SI unit, on the other hand, is kg mol-1, which is extremely uncommon.Due to the fact that one mole of carbon weighs 12g, we can calculate that the total number of atoms in it is equal to 6.0221367x 1023.The mole is a fundamental (SI) unit of measurement in chemistry that is used to measure the amount of a substance. The chemical amount is a term that is used to refer to this quantity.It is important to note that the atomic mass of carbon-12 and the molar mass of carbon-12 are numerically equivalent.

Most recipes recommend a 1:4 this 1:5 ratio works 🤷‍♂️ .5G MAKES SENSE $ILVER WHY MAKE MORE?

Best Doug :huggg:
In my mental fumbling and putting things off I go full circle before I realize its too easy...
So like you said just get out there and make some fem seeds...

Patented Oct. 10, 1933
UNITED STATES
PATENT OFFICE
METHOD OF MAKING SILVER THOSULPHATE
James J. Bajda, South Orange, N. J.
No Drawing. Application March 27, 1929.
Serial No. 350,453
8 Claims. (CI. 23-115)

The patent may be useful ? If you intend to crystalize out pure sts from a molar solution...

Hops

Last edited:

Ca++

along these lines, maybe add some soap to the sts solution to serve as a surfactant and get better sts absorption...
I used a wetting agent. It just seemed to make sense.
I have only read this page, so perhaps it's been said, that I kept treating them until I had the pollen. I thought they might slip back again if I didn't. Any new material that grew, might not of had the receptors blocked if I didn't, I thought.

acespicoli

I used a wetting agent. It just seemed to make sense.
I have only read this page, so perhaps it's been said, that I kept treating them until I had the pollen. I thought they might slip back again if I didn't. Any new material that grew, might not of had the receptors blocked if I didn't, I thought.
Yucca or Tween20 ? Dish Soap?

For the conversion of mol/L into ppm, convert the number of moles into mass of compound in grams by multiplying it with molar mass. This gives the unit as g/L. Now, multiply this value in g/L with 1000. This will give the units as mg/L which is same as ppm.
1704864182370.png

1704864230233.png

1704864327877.png

1704864479172.png

1704864510976.png

Last edited:

Ca++

Yucca or Tween20 ? Dish Soap?
I couldn't remember, but now you say it, Tween20.
It was not just my decision either (you have bought me in to focus) it was taken from a professional paper. People questioned my use of it at the time, as my dosing was also a little different to most peoples. There was a spread of recipe's out there, and I went in on the strong side.

I have the kit together somewhere, and I bet there is a postit note in there with instruction. I will have a look when I have chance.

Thanks for the prompt :)

acespicoli

good night :asskick: Im just gonna leave this here ☝️
:huggg: @Ca++ good to see ya again brother

yup thats the stuff!
Buy high-quality Tween 20, a non-ionic detergent,
suitable for cell culture, biochemical and life science research, at amazon.com

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Buy high-quality Tween 20, a non-ionic detergent,
suitable for cell culture, biochemical and life science research, at amazon.com
Careful not to ingest this stuff... polysorbate is a mfcker of a molecule. Helps neurotoxins/cancer/whoknows defeat the blood brain barrier, contributes heavily to leaky gut syndrome and I'm damn sure 60 and 80 are directly responsible for a shit-ton of "Karens," or people who have no logic and are emotionally fragile.

acespicoli

Careful not to ingest this stuff... polysorbate is a mfcker of a molecule. Helps neurotoxins/cancer/whoknows defeat the blood brain barrier, contributes heavily to leaky gut syndrome and I'm damn sure 60 and 80 are directly responsible for a shit-ton of "Karens," or people who have no logic and are emotionally fragile.
Maybe a shot shaken and not stirred with some tequilla and a olive would dilute it to a safe level 🤷‍♂️

Polysorbate 20, which did not induce systemic and local toxicities in this study, was considered to be a safe substance for intramuscular administration, just like HSA for which a safety profile has been obtained over the years. In addition, since polysorbate 20 is a synthetic product rather than an animal-derived product, it has the advantages of a consistent quality of the product, ease of manufacture and supply, and a low risk of pathogen transmission compared to HSA. Therefore, the findings of this study provide the scientific reliability of the use of polysorbate 20 as an alternative to HSA, which is used as an excipient for most BoNT/A products, particularly in terms of its safety. Furthermore, this study suggest the possibility that polysorbate 20, which is mainly used as an additive in foods, cosmetics, eye drops, and tablets, could be used as a safe excipient for various pharmaceuticals administered intramuscularly.
1704951473542.png

as long is its in the muscle and not in the artery 🤷‍♂️
Dosage The typical usage of polysorbate 20 in food ranges from 0.02 to 1%.
Polysorbate 20 has low toxicity (LD50 ~38.9 g/kg)

Last edited:

acespicoli

1704951707734.png

mfer :thinking: im already there... does this make me a canidate for Medical Marijuana ?
Maybe it was the chili :huggg: I always got Man stration ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts