What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds R.C.Clarke Method as Base

LostTribe

Premium user
keep the ag-no3/na-thio stock solution ratio the same as your current ratio (if you change the ratio, you want at least 1 ag sol to 4 or more ts sol [SA says that Ag-Thio is maxed at 1:4]). In your case because she hasn't turned with multiple applications, go with a stronger solution or less dilution the next round. Maybe 1:6 dilution with ro/distilled water instead of 1:9?

I've burned the crapola out of some leaves with the sts, and it still produced viable...wasn't pretty, but it worked. Point being, you have a lot of room to play with in terms of increasing your solution strength and still get a reversal and viable pollen.

No leaf spotting or burn here.

I did screw up and turn my timer off so they might be revegging.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Well apparently I forgot that I had switched the light on just as it was time for dark cycle and being too damned stoned to remember to flip the timer back to time! Found the light on late yesterday....I think its been over a week and a half since then.

I am going to see if they continue to bloom but they might all be too screwed up now. At least I have cuts.
Doh! Well, can't say I've never done the same. lol

I'd keep it on timer and wait it out, 'cause it'll probably be juuuust fine. :) Of course, now we won't know how easily it turned or not, it should be fully saturated now. lol :)

LostTribe

Premium user
Doh! Well, can't say I've never done the same. lol

I'd keep it on timer and wait it out, 'cause it'll probably be juuuust fine. :) Of course, now we won't know how easily it turned or not, it should be fully saturated now. lol :)

I read that the STS stays on the plant for 2 weeks at another site? Is that why you only spray twice? I may spray again after its been 2 weeks since last spray as well. Either way at least this may be part of the problem.

Doh is right I was refilling the Rez as the light went out so I had to light them back up and was most likely stoned out of my gord and completely forgot until I saw the light was on 4 hours after it was supposed to be out so its just been running 24/7.

I will let you know what happens and may decide to toss this cut if it starts to become unmanageable as it is already turning into a beast. May have height/space issue for the other plants as this ones taking over. I have an extra cut off it I took just incase so would be good to go in about a week.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I've done that several times over the years. Sliding that switch over to "outlet on" is so tempting.

I grabbed one of those bright battery powered LEDs has Velcro. I stick it next to the door, so I can use that instead of restarting the hps.

Also have the green LED light that's straps on your head. Supposedly it won't interrupt the darkness period, though studies are coming out saying that lower leaves do infact absorb and make use of some green light.

I've seen several of these green lights. Some flashlight style and some screw in bulbs for working during the dark period.
But they all seem to be different shades of green. I wouldn't think they all would work as advertised if the spectrums are different.

NEED 4 SEED

I made the same mistake last year. For more than two weeks after setting up the timer to 12:12 I was wondering why they didn't start showing flower signs. They grew bigger and bigger. Then I checked the timer and it was at always on. Tried to make a vertical grow of it but it went shit.

I hated this grow.

Douglas.Curtis

I read that the STS stays on the plant for 2 weeks at another site? Is that why you only spray twice? I may spray again after its been 2 weeks since last spray as well. Either way at least this may be part of the problem.
Yes, cannabis is VERY good at holding on to things. As far as I'm aware, it's still holding on to what you originally sprayed. It breaks down over time and loses effectiveness. :)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
A little late in flower because this Honduran was a tough one to reverse.

picture.php

I have a couple younger plants going in the same tent so I should get some seeds out of them. I'll have to keep them alive until April though.

LostTribe

Premium user
A little late in flower because this Honduran was a tough one to reverse.

View Image

I have a couple younger plants going in the same tent so I should get some seeds out of them. I'll have to keep them alive until April though.

How much did you spray or drop on that Honduran?

8 days after correcting the timer issue I believe I've got Balls! 2 Balls! I sprayed again. Still slow to bloom so if the affected plants don't start popping pistils and in this case balls as well I will have to cull and start over in the fall.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
How much did you spray or drop on that Honduran?

8 days after correcting the timer issue I believe I've got Balls! 2 Balls! I sprayed again. Still slow to bloom so if the affected plants don't start popping pistils and in this case balls as well I will have to cull and start over in the fall.

I wanted to see if last year's 2 parts were still valid. It was made 12 months ago. But I still had STS premixed in a dark cool cupboard from last year as well. I tried it 4 times to no effect after a good shake. I mixed up a new batch using the 2 parts from last year and as I was ready to spray, I saw the first sacs. I gave it a little bit of the new stuff anyway.

So...
I can say definitively that STS will last a year but won't be as effective. Properly stored in a light proof container in a fridge will definitely keep better and still be very effective. Both parts kept separate and stored properly should last much longer.

Douglas.Curtis

So...
I can say definitively that STS will last a year but won't be as effective. Properly stored in a light proof container in a fridge will definitely keep better and still be very effective. Both parts kept separate and stored properly should last much longer.
I concur. ;)

The brown glass bottle, with the black plastic spray top and trash bag wrap, in the photos was in my fridge for a year. Did not work 'awesome' but it did work. :)

LostTribe

Premium user
So I am fairly certain I have 2 balls showing but all the affected seem to be taking their sweet ass time to go back to bloom so may have to toss the lot and start over....atleast I see some reversing going on now.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Yeah... I have one plant and that happened to it. Sucks because it takes a while for a plant to flip back again. At least you'll get pollen. As long as the plant is still alive, save that pollen and let her flower again. You should get some seed out of her.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
They're more banana shaped because they had to squeeze their way out between the calyxes because it was well into flower by the time it happened. Wish it had happened a month ago. But I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. :)

LostTribe

Premium user
Awesome!

Loving the progress you're all making. Congrats!

Yes thank you very much for this thread!

I am only at 8 days after finding the timer problem so still hopeful and I do notice the lowers showing more balls on the tips I might remove some of the lower branching as they sort of wigged out with the timer issue w more stems than usual.

I have a rooted cut waiting in the wings just in case. I am worried the others I was pheno hunting on won't revert to bloom too though that would suck.

LostTribe

Premium user
Loving it, and you're welcome.
:tiphat:

I'd like to report that the lowers I have been spraying are all turning mostly male for absolute certainty. I lollipopped all the plants today as well.

I sprayed the very top cola 2 times about 10 days ago as well but nothing yet.

DC will the rest of the plant still be smokeable? I have plenty c99 but thought I should ask even if for hash.

I plan to snip of the lowers once they have done there job and collect the rest of the pollen should they drop.

Best
LT

Latest posts

Latest posts