What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Samsung F-Series array and 2 Migro Aray 2 arrays

ChemDogLover

So I am just getting back in the game after a 5 year hiatus. When I stopped growing before, I was growing 8 plants under 1 600w HPS and a DIY Samsung F-Series array. Each covered a 4’x4’ area. The Samsung array is roughly 800w and has 16 strips.

Since I started up again I have decided to go 6 plants instead of 8 (easier access to all plants). I have also ditched the HPS for two of the 125w Migro Aray 2’s. They arrive tomorrow.

Anyone with experience on the Migro Aray’s?

Gonna put 1 plant under each. From everything I have read or watched they should do the trick.

ChemDogLover

Don’t laugh at my Mylar, it’s going soon for some white tile board.

Here is my DIY Samsung array. It’s got a combo of 3000k strips and 3600k strips. As you can see one strip has lost about 10 LEDs.

Also, there will only be four plants under this when I flower. I planted a bunch of old seeds and a bunch came up lol. Veg area got overrun lol

Attachments

• IMG_1098.jpeg
    IMG_1098.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1099.jpeg
    IMG_1099.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 62

Ca++

4 bars, 6 plants, 1 plant under each bar.
I think I had this question at school

Ca++

I hadn't had my coffee yet. I was running out of fingers to process it lol

250w of LED, really won't replace a 600. Are you in the south, heading into summer. Or the north, heading into fuel poverty? :)

About 300w can produce the umol of par a 6 can. However, it still doesn't seem equal, and you probably want a gain. Or did your bars have some left to cover the gap?

ChemDogLover

I hadn't had my coffee yet. I was running out of fingers to process it lol

250w of LED, really won't replace a 600. Are you in the south, heading into summer. Or the north, heading into fuel poverty? :)

About 300w can produce the umol of par a 6 can. However, it still doesn't seem equal, and you probably want a gain. Or did your bars have some left to cover the gap?
Thanks for the reply.

I’m in the south, but tired of dealing with the heat. I’m not expecting those LEDs to fully replace it. I’m not a commercial grower so not worried about maximum yield.

And sure the DIY bars do provide some gap cover but not too much. Most light is directly below the array.

As I stated earlier this will give me up close access for each plant which I can’t get with 8 plants. My room is 8x8. 8 dwc tubs with a reservoir takes up 65% of the floor space.

Anyway, the specs don’t seem terrible for the Migro. Here’s the par readings

Attachments

• IMG_1103.png
    IMG_1103.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 48

ChemDogLover

Got the new lights. They are bright!!!!

Still need to tuck some wires and re-route a few things but you get the idea.

Set at 60% they are brighter that my DIY array 😳. I will post some oar readings in the next post

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpeg
    IMG_1114.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1115.jpeg
    IMG_1115.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 49
  • 72039365107__D79A0809-B206-4F92-B751-C9270F0AC439.jpeg
    72039365107__D79A0809-B206-4F92-B751-C9270F0AC439.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 46

ChemDogLover

Here’s my lineup for flowering in a couple weeks.

Sour D (AJ cut) (Discord)
Legend OG (Discord)
Ghost Train Haze (Rare Dankness)
Chem ‘91 (Discord)

and

Either GG1 (Aurora Winds Botanical)
or
Copper Chem (Greenpoint Seeds)

Ca++

Thanks for the reply.

I’m in the south, but tired of dealing with the heat. I’m not expecting those LEDs to fully replace it. I’m not a commercial grower so not worried about maximum yield.

And sure the DIY bars do provide some gap cover but not too much. Most light is directly below the array.

As I stated earlier this will give me up close access for each plant which I can’t get with 8 plants. My room is 8x8. 8 dwc tubs with a reservoir takes up 65% of the floor space.

Anyway, the specs don’t seem terrible for the Migro. Here’s the par readings
The maps look usable, and might allow you to view that phone app more subjectively. Plus you have your diy 800w, so you can light a 5x5 without much argument. The Migrow looks like it has some cool whites, so will look brighter than your warmer bars. Though you could always double check your work, if you are not 100% sure, and your phone agrees it's not as expected.

I'm working a similar space, and also thinking I could do 4 in it. My default spacing is 8, but if I leave one out, the others take it's space, without moving them into it. Some strains will chuck a branch into any free space and fill it, so it's really about the right stock. I will keep on eye on how you do, as I'm pretty sure that's going to be my final number. Almost a carbon copy of your figures.

ChemDogLover

The maps look usable, and might allow you to view that phone app more subjectively. Plus you have your diy 800w, so you can light a 5x5 without much argument. The Migrow looks like it has some cool whites, so will look brighter than your warmer bars. Though you could always double check your work, if you are not 100% sure, and your phone agrees it's not as expected.

I'm working a similar space, and also thinking I could do 4 in it. My default spacing is 8, but if I leave one out, the others take it's space, without moving them into it. Some strains will chuck a branch into any free space and fill it, so it's really about the right stock. I will keep on eye on how you do, as I'm pretty sure that's going to be my final number. Almost a carbon copy of your figures.
Cool, thanks for the response. And yes, the maps compared to the phone is interesting. I agree on the usefulness in regards to the phone.

With that said, the Migro’s have higher PPFD and lumens ratings than my DIY. And because of that I have decided to add another 240w of 5000k led bars. Not F-Series, but another Amazon purchase. 6 bars at 40w each. That will bring my total wattage up to 1300. 54w per sq foot 😉

I figure it will promote overall healthier plants, not mention let my eyes perceive equality in my lights 😂

Will update with new pics and par readings after new lights installed.

KAGNCHA

Don’t laugh at my Mylar, it’s going soon for some white tile board.

Here is my DIY Samsung array. It’s got a combo of 3000k strips and 3600k strips. As you can see one strip has lost about 10 LEDs.

Also, there will only be four plants under this when I flower. I planted a bunch of old seeds and a bunch X
X

Last edited:

Ca++

40w bar, of known quality, 175lm/w region, Just $10
5000K is a surprising choice. Your not concerned by the more recent papers, where 1% more blue, is 0.77% less bud.
I'm in the bar market to, and also looking at these

Might both be a bit long for you. I'm after lights I can put across my pots, looking up. I have 4 QB288 boards, but like the idea of batons more.

What you found on Amazon? I never look. EBay always seems to be cheaper, as it costs less for the seller

ChemDogLover

40w bar, of known quality, 175lm/w region, Just $10
5000K is a surprising choice. Your not concerned by the more recent papers, where 1% more blue, is 0.77% less bud.
I'm in the bar market to, and also looking at these

Might both be a bit long for you. I'm after lights I can put across my pots, looking up. I have 4 QB288 boards, but like the idea of batons more.

What you found on Amazon? I never look. EBay always seems to be cheaper, as it costs less for the seller
Only problem with digikey is the needed addition of another driver. My driver is maxed out. If not for that I would buy from digikey again, as that is where I got my 50w strips.

I got these from Amazon.

Ca++

I'm late for work, but I swear I know them from my searches. They are rather expensive, and the output is stated differently at different stores. I pay half that, for the same thing, if they really are 5000lumen. I think they may be under 4000..

I will check later

Latest posts

Latest posts