What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Aero Cloner the EZ-Cloner Replica in 10 Easy Steps!

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
InjectTruth said:
Thanks Weezy. I was thinking 24/7 on the pump, glad you pointed that out.

I'll stop being lazy and do it the official way with the foam pucks, I'll just triple up on each site, like Eddy Lepp does, so I can have over 100 clones with less than 100 sites.

You have 60 in your 31 gal, with a 396 right? You think my 315gph pump will be enough for a 31gal as well, or should I slightly downsize the tub?

i am using a 396 gph pump.... and i never used any glue.. all of my pieces are just dry fit then used... if i had glued the pieces, i think i would get more pressure... my pressure now is just fine...

i think if you used a 315, you would for sure have to glue your pieces for the spraying effect to occur.

InjectTruth

I picked up a 24 gallon tub, made my pvc manifold, now I just need the pipe foam and misters. I might as well try it with the pump I have, and if it doesnt work, Ill just grab a new one at pet smart. Since my tub and hence my manifold is slightly smaller, maybe it will be enough :fingers crossed:

I had the same issue in the plumbing aisle, gettin ice grilled while arranging pvc on the ground, lol.

Vermonster

thanks for the velco idea, brilliant! i just bought a protective shower curtain today and i was going to cut into 6 inchg strips and hang it off the inside of the lid so the water would hit that and go back into the res. i will try that w. the velcro as i do have vlecro sitting around. thanks. i will post pics when i get up and running.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey make sure you remember to keep your pump plugged in and running... if you dont it, this shit will happen....

i was mentally crushed when this happend....

inject, about the drill bit - just look for something that drills out large holes... i dont know the exact name of the type of drill head it is... just walk around the hardware store looking for it... thats usually a fun game..

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
LiLWaynE said:
hey make sure you remember to keep your pump plugged in and running... if you dont it, this shit will happen....

i was mentally crushed when this happend....

inject, about the drill bit - just look for something that drills out large holes... i dont know the exact name of the type of drill head it is... just walk around the hardware store looking for it... thats usually a fun game..

dude i did the same thing 2 x in one week with the cloner.. thankfully i used rockwool as plugs instead, and i think that kept them from drying out.. its a good thing i check on them every 12 hours.. just for good measure. im paranoid like that.... ive had very very good sucess with my aero cloner at least 90% of the cutting show roots.. if not more.. gotta go plant 16 more in dirt tonight.. i cant wait.. i love my cloner

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah endo, this isnt the first time i have fucked this up, last time i caught it before much damage was done, this last time, apparently i didnt catch it quick enough... i need to get me some more cuts in there.. that cloner is da bomb though, hands down.... once again, i feel sorry for all the suckers doing it any other way....

InjectTruth

Im confused? Are these green misters approx. the same size as the ez clone replacements? I have the red ez clone replacement misters and a 11/32 bit would make a hole big enough for the mister to fall through.

Fuckin stoned

mjcuresall

InjectTruth said:
Im confused? Are these green misters approx. the same size as the ez clone replacements? I have the red ez clone replacement misters and a 11/32 bit would make a hole big enough for the mister to fall through.

I used the red misters and a 9/64 bit worked for me. Just eyed it up, really.

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
InjectTruth said:

Fuckin stoned

start with a small drill bit and progress upward till you get a hole that fits nice and tight.

InjectTruth

Yeah, I got it under control now. When I was looking at the green misters on the first page, I just assumed they were the same size as mine. Then I looked at the bit and my brain farted.

At first, all the misters were running fine, when I noticed the lid was leaking. I cut the pvc pipe down to lower the manifold to try to stop the leaking, but it actually increased it, as the jets are aimed right at the seam. Its leaking so much, if I were to leave it on, I would have to refill it once a day or so to keep the water level above the pump. This must be fixed, as it is pooling significantly on my plastic drop cloth. I might have to get a new bin.

Also, now, the misters on the short sides arent spraying, or really even dribbling. I removed one to see if there was water coming through the pipe and it came shooting out like a fire hydrant!

Could cutting the the tall pipe from the manifold to the pump shorter have made the side misters stop working somehow?

Last edited:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
InjectTruth said:
Yeah, I got it under control now. When I was looking at the green misters on the first page, I just assumed they were the same size as mine. Then I looked at the bit and my brain farted.

At first, all the misters were running fine, when I noticed the lid was leaking. I cut the pvc pipe down to lower the manifold to try to stop the leaking, but it actually increased it, as the jets are aimed right at the seam. Its leaking so much, if I were to leave it on, I would have to refill it once a day or so to keep the water level above the pump. This must be fixed, as it is pooling significantly on my plastic drop cloth. I might have to get a new bin.

Also, now, the misters on the short sides arent spraying, or really even dribbling. I removed one to see if there was water coming through the pipe and it came shooting out like a fire hydrant!

Could cutting the the tall pipe from the manifold to the pump shorter have made the side misters stop working somehow?

you need to make sure no debris is clogging up the mister head... i.e. pvc shavings, loose dirt

and for the leaking, just get some strips of velcro and apply them so that you can pull that fuckin lid TIGHT...

:joint:

SaintBebo

Hip Hip Hooray

Hip Hip Hooray

Just a short bit of praise for this design. I've built two of these and have got 100% rooting even after 5 runs. It has been pretty much a guaranteed rooting method.

My method:
Using tap water with a starting ppm of 215 and pH of 7. I then add Hydroguard (1/2 strength according to directions) and then pH down to 5.5. Close the lid and turn on the pump (run it the whole time), place the unit under two 2-foot T-5's set to about 3 inches off the tips, aim a low powered fan in the general direction to stimulate stem growth and roots have shown in as soon as 3 days and with an average of 7-10 days to root.

Take that!!!
:dueling:

InjectTruth

I HAVE ROOTS!!!

Despite having 1" pvc, and having to refill the tub several times a day due to leaks, I have roots. Also, the roots appeared after the first night I gave them some dark time. I think 24 for the first few days, then 20/4 is the way to go. Im torn between loading the whole thing up or breaking it down while its empty to fix the leaks, get the 1/2" pvc, etc.

Very stoked. :headbange

I have two questions to owners of such aero cloners:

1. Do you really use clean tap water with no nutrients for ten days and more? Doesn't effect a few amount of nutrienst quicker rooting?

2. Are the misters you use True Aeroponic Growing micron misters? Or won't work the micron misters which are recommended for TAG in such aero cloners?

full time daddy
Veteran
german_aero said:
I have two questions to owners of such aero cloners:

1. Do you really use clean tap water with no nutrients for ten days and more? Doesn't effect a few amount of nutrienst quicker rooting?

2. Are the misters you use True Aeroponic Growing micron misters? Or won't work the micron misters which are recommended for TAG in such aero cloners?

1. no nutes is best, when u add nutes 90% of the time you will end up with mush there is a few things you can add but for the most part water is best.

2.for cloning 100 or less micron is not need like in a tru TAG theres just no point in it as far as the cost go's.
if i remember right even podracer "ic's TAG guru" dont use TAG foggers for hiz ezcloner knock off

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts