What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Aero Cloner the EZ-Cloner Replica in 10 Easy Steps!

gmanwho

Veteran
ibsmokin, yes the knee pads found for gardening, stress mats for weight lifting, and child neoprene puzzle pieces all work great. Just get the right size hole saw. And yes very cheap compared to Hydro store prices.

B-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
Endo, you snuck that message in as i was posting mine. glad to see it is working for you. As you can tell, detail is important, dont overlook anything, dissect everything and learn how it works.

2 misters i thought would be fine as well.

As for the heat issues, you can use an intermitent timer. like 15 on, 30 off, or 15 - 15. So people do do that.

As for your dwc setup, do you cover the top of your medium in the net pots. cause you should, you running a chiller?

B-safe

Last edited:

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
gmanwho said:
Endo, you snuck that message in as i was posting mine. glad to see it is working for you. As you can tell, detail is important, dont overlook anything, dissect everything and learn how it works.

2 misters i thought would be fine as well.

As for the heat issues, you can use an intermitent timer. like 15 on, 30 off, or 15 - 15. So people do do that.

As for your dwc setup, do you cover the top of your medium in the net pots. cause you should, you running a chiller?

B-safe

thanks for the advise gman, as for the dwc, the temps are around 70-75 or so. and i covered the hydroton pots with foil on the tops and im still getting like this grey slime. im sure it has something to do with organics. im going to use up my organics for vegg.. and i ordered some chems for bloom just cause i dont want to deal with the hassel. ill just use the rest of my bloom organics in my soil. but would moving water deter the algea? cause then i could still use the organics. plus winter is coming so the temps in the grow room should be realitivly lower. i ordered some 1 part cns17 ferts for bloom, so we will see how the chem ferts work. id love to go organic.. but ill just flush really really well.

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Endo - I'd gladly trade your $40 pump for the easy $1000-plus of unsued hydro & soil based growing equipment I'm now forced to store because I bought it and never used it or upgraded it. Of course it happened over many years. So you'd think I'd learn, right? WRONG! Still do it. Welcome to the club.

Here are some pucks I made for a friend of mine. GOD BLESS THE DOLLAR STORES...........

G

IBsmokin said:
I am still wondering about these red misters. Are these the same mister you guys are using???

I want to go ahead and order a bunch but wanna make sure they are correct
please someone tell me????

MSRD 300 (red mini jet 300)
http://www.dripworksusa.com/store/sprayer.php#tipto

Here are the ones I use. They look to be the same, but I get most of my gear from BGHydro. Give them a look, but the link you listed. Those 360 degree ones look to be just fine.
good luck,
BG

http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc.asp?ic=HPMSEZC&eq=&Tp=

IBsmokin

thanks gold dust, yah i think they are the same only one is right from the source while the other is from a hydro store so you pay extra for the middle man.

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
IBsmokin - The red ones you gave a link to are the exact same ones I'm using in mine. I paid a few cents more for them as I bought them in a hydro shop, but I didn't get hit with any shipping, so I guess it was a wash.

G

Those mister's work great. I use them in my unit and think my last unit was a 70 site. You saw the pictures, boy those misters work great. My roots are popping in 5 days and in about a total of 10. You have awesome roots. I'll be building a unit soon and will post pictures.
Take care,
BG

Endo

Veteran
pump on the cloner went out last night.. its a good thing i ordered the other one.. turned the cloner into a dwc so i wouldnt lose the cuts. gonna take all the ones with roots tonight and plant them in soil and clean out the cloner and everything and perpare for the new pump and seed plants that will be sprouting soon. going to have to redo the light bar as well. wish me luck!!!

G

Damn Endo, Sorry to hear the bad news. Glad you ordered that new pump. I should have said something about this before, but you should keep a backup pump if you can. I had one of these Rio's lock up on me. Lucky, I buy them in two's. It's a good idea to always have a spare pump in any project. It can make or break you for sure. I hope all works out for you and your get that new pump in soon
Take care,
BG

IBsmokin

I need to make 4 units to feed enough clones for my rotating garden. so I have to build four 70 plus clone site cloners. i found these bins at Zellers today that seem like they would work great, I used a measure tape there and it looks like I could get 74 two inch holes on the cover of the bin. The biggest problem I found was finding bins with covers that had mostly flat surfaces, most of the covers on bins I found have patterns and shapes on them that I couldnt put more then 5 to 6 two inch holes across, and like only maybe 8 or 9 two inch holes length wise, so it wouldnt serve my purpose.

My rotating garden holds 250 plants so I need to make more then 250 clones to make up for any losses during cloning.

so if I could cut close to 300 clones I will definate;y get my 250 clones I need to fill the garden with.

Last edited:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
cheap containers leak. before wasting 250 cuts id test em with a small run. maybe build 1 to spec. first and see if it works.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
hot dayum!

thas a lotta dough!

why not grab 2 of the huge rubbermaid ruffnecks at Low3s or home dumpo for half that apiece?
u can easily do 125 per in them biggun ruffnecks...they even have wheeled ones i think lol

whatever u do just be sure to build a prototype and test run it before investin all that time and dough :)

best of luck...tight lookin gr0w by the way! :) be weLL

Endo

Veteran
holy shit... got the new pump in today and put the 5 sprayers back on... and fired it up.. i was soaked in like 10 seconds. 660 gph in that small little area.. i had to reduce the flow by just about half. its amazing, definiltly recommend getting a larger pump, that way if you decide to go bigger(which i might) you have plenty of ummmffff!!! ill try and get some coverage pics tonight.

G

Glad the new pump worked out for you Endo. Always nice when things turn for the better. Just keep an eye on it. You don't want to much water hitting the stems and causing rot. Good luck and keep us posted.
Take care,
BG

Endo

Veteran
a picture is worth 1000 words. this is with the new heavy duty pump.. being that its getting colder here the pump keeps the water at the perfect temp, lots of roots and no rot at all...... wooooooooooohhoooooooooooooooo!!!!!

G

Endo said:
a picture is worth 1000 words. this is with the new heavy duty pump.. being that its getting colder here the pump keeps the water at the perfect temp, lots of roots and no rot at all...... wooooooooooohhoooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Congrat's. I had a feeling that pump was going to work out for you. When summer rolls around. Place the cloner on a time to reduce heat from the pump. It also works great and will produce good roots also.
Good luck,
BG

wtf am I doing wrong? I use distilled water and all of mine seem to just dry up and die after looking fine for about 4 or5 weeks, no roots, could my pump be too strong, keeping them too wet? I just changed to a 30 min on and 1 hour off, , it seems my roots just get soft and rot, sometimes I will get one root and no more, then it just falls off. any ideas? I am about to give up on cloning, been ****ing with this for about a year with very little luck. mabby 3 or4 clones out of about 100. pisses me off cauae i watch the roots on all these others but mine never seem to do that.
Thanks ,
Nickel

Latest posts

Latest posts