What's new

DIY 4 buckets R-DWC Grapefruit - NYCDxBB - Kushage

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This were the roots of two plants after a couple of days from the harvest.Impressive, they filled the bucket very nice without creating any overflow.

NYCDxBG roots

picture.php

picture.php

Grapefruit #1 roots

picture.php

picture.php

The hole of the airstone, completely englobed from the root mass

picture.php

Rockwool is just great for this kind of setup, I liked it very much, so I will not use hydroton anymore ;)

picture.php

A NYCDxBG bud in flowering near the harvest

picture.php

And some buds hanging to dry

picture.php

picture.php

And one more series of big buds, all from one plant....NYCDxBG

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next update on kushage, another great strain!

:wave:

Yeti

Very inspiring and simple rdwc. I would love to use this as a prototype in my next build. Love the thought of RDWC. Was thinking of using larger growth bins in flower (maybe 6-10 gal), but with a top basket or lid that adapts to a 1-2 gallon for while its in the nursery to obtain optimal size for my flower room. But I cannot wait to see the rate of growth with this . I am new to hydro and still partial to soil, but the growth in my top fed rock wool is very interesting, showing much potential for simple and efficient control of uniformity as well as simplicity in cleaning and management of nutrients and pH. I declare myself a convert. . . or slight convert. My indoor experience has always been more experimental, investigating genetics and methods for optimizing space, while I truly love the growth outdoors and will spend the energy in building my soil and brewing teas there, hydroponics has given me a very interesting new outlet for exploring the great indoors. I doubt I'll ever eliminate soil from the flower room for the longer growing sats, but it's fun to imagine them amongst some more manageable rdwc units with the 8-10 weekers. So clean and space efficient.

Thank you for posting noreason. It is so very much appreciated.

Yeti

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:trampoline:.......... impressive bro!

:yummy: good smoke!

:tiphat:

thx bro :)
:tiphat:

Very inspiring and simple rdwc. I would love to use this as a prototype in my next build. Love the thought of RDWC. Was thinking of using larger growth bins in flower (maybe 6-10 gal), but with a top basket or lid that adapts to a 1-2 gallon for while its in the nursery to obtain optimal size for my flower room. But I cannot wait to see the rate of growth with this . I am new to hydro and still partial to soil, but the growth in my top fed rock wool is very interesting, showing much potential for simple and efficient control of uniformity as well as simplicity in cleaning and management of nutrients and pH. I declare myself a convert. . . or slight convert. My indoor experience has always been more experimental, investigating genetics and methods for optimizing space, while I truly love the growth outdoors and will spend the energy in building my soil and brewing teas there, hydroponics has given me a very interesting new outlet for exploring the great indoors. I doubt I'll ever eliminate soil from the flower room for the longer growing sats, but it's fun to imagine them amongst some more manageable rdwc units with the 8-10 weekers. So clean and space efficient.

Thank you for posting noreason. It is so very much appreciated.

Yeti

Glad you got some new input from my thread buddy.Rdwc is not the easiest way to grow cannabis but it rocks if you have to spend time with it ;)
I like to grow in every medium, but for my experience the trick is in the oxygen for the roots....I mean, you can grow in soil, coco and perlite or water, but the real point is how much oxygen the roots can absorb.Coco and perlite or rockwool have both a good growth rate like hydro because a lot of air can pass trough and arrive to the roots.The secret is all here ;) so if you grow cannabis indoor I suggest to give to the roots the more air you can, using stuff like perlite or pumice.Don't add'em to the bottom (or you will lose a lot of precious space for the roots) , but mixed in the soil, you will see the difference ;)

If you like rdwc however, don't forget the water should be with a low EC level.If your tap water has an high EC - PPM value you should use a RO filter.This is an important thing to consider to achieve good result, before start building your own hydro system ;)

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kushage was a great plant,pretty high yeld, compact flowers in spite of hot temps.The weed has not so much smell,it's light in the throat and give me a very strong stone,I notice the difference from the others very well.
Buds were plenty of big thick leaves, but it was easy to trim.

This was the flowers formation were the plant yeld more,impressive flowers, believe me....and it's only a part of the plant....

picture.php

picture.php

One of the colas

picture.php

picture.php

Next update : Grapefruit #2 ;)

:wave: :wave:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some grapefruit #2 shots

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

What to say about this pheno.....well...it's a poor yelder, the worst of the group.She flowered, started forming buds before the others and ripen a little faster.
The pot is very sweet,the aroma is something like grape-bubblegum and the smell too.It give an euphoric high,it's not very strong.
I keep to cuts of this, they're flowering in a soil medium now.

Keep following good people and let's have a great weekend :wave:

Scrogerman

Veteran
Looks nice man, great job, crazy hazey grape bubblegum sounds nice to me, strength isnt everything! G'Luck mate!k+

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Super buds.
I like them a lot.
Very nice and clean setup. Keep it simple and smooth....:)
I love DIY style, and always I walk through an ikea store figuring out how to build up hydro setups with all those beautiful tanks and stuff. You made it real, and nicely!
I have been successful with hydro, but I settled to organic soil for taste now. My setup is similar to yours: 2x 400W and also as strain choice. (we fought heat together during this summer... it was an hell of summer...)
Grapefruit belonged to my last round in search of the perfect tasting grapefruit variety, but I was expecially surprised by your NYCD x Bubblegum. Indeed I have just finished (and smokin it in a large fatty right now...) your same strain!
I arrived kinda late to your thread, and at first I was reluctant, but seeing your finished picts makes me thinking they're the same.
Here's my story: Mine were seeds I was given to by a friend in amsterdam during the last HTCC in nov 2010. He was working with those seeds and wanted to help me in my quest to grapefruit...
I'm very thankful to him. Precious gift.
I germed 3. one male, super male! and 2 different females. Super vigorous, 14week flowering, long beautiful colas.
Your hydro setup made them larger but the flowering time corresponds. Mine were probably more nycd leaning, yours maybe a bit more 'giant long flowering' bubblegum leaning pheno.
How's smell? I was looking for a nycd grapefruit smell and it is down there, a bit overwhelmed by a sweet bubblegum tone. A bit more flowery, but nice. Unfortunately it doesn't transition well to taste, having a smooth sativa taste, not anything special.
I'm surprised anyway by potency. It is strong, up, energetic smoke. Long lasting. Really fucked me up the first joints. And this is goooood!
Male is super NYCD stinking, tall, super vigorous, a real beast.
Here's a pic of finishing buds. They're a bit smaller than yours, more nycd leaning.
They haven't ruined up so much by temperature and kept a tighter structure just because they weren't the tallest...

picture.php
picture.php

I appreciated your grow, enjoy your bounty
good karma for everything
Dr.P

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks nice man, great job, crazy hazey grape bubblegum sounds nice to me, strength isnt everything! G'Luck mate!k+

:tiphat:Well done bro thats a nice collection of colas. That bong looks pretty cool too.:gday:

Thank you both mates :tiphat:

Super buds.
I like them a lot.
Very nice and clean setup. Keep it simple and smooth....:)
I love DIY style, and always I walk through an ikea store figuring out how to build up hydro setups with all those beautiful tanks and stuff. You made it real, and nicely!
I have been successful with hydro, but I settled to organic soil for taste now. My setup is similar to yours: 2x 400W and also as strain choice. (we fought heat together during this summer... it was an hell of summer...)
Grapefruit belonged to my last round in search of the perfect tasting grapefruit variety, but I was expecially surprised by your NYCD x Bubblegum. Indeed I have just finished (and smokin it in a large fatty right now...) your same strain!
I arrived kinda late to your thread, and at first I was reluctant, but seeing your finished picts makes me thinking they're the same.
Here's my story: Mine were seeds I was given to by a friend in amsterdam during the last HTCC in nov 2010. He was working with those seeds and wanted to help me in my quest to grapefruit...
I'm very thankful to him. Precious gift.
I germed 3. one male, super male! and 2 different females. Super vigorous, 14week flowering, long beautiful colas.
Your hydro setup made them larger but the flowering time corresponds. Mine were probably more nycd leaning, yours maybe a bit more 'giant long flowering' bubblegum leaning pheno.
How's smell? I was looking for a nycd grapefruit smell and it is down there, a bit overwhelmed by a sweet bubblegum tone. A bit more flowery, but nice. Unfortunately it doesn't transition well to taste, having a smooth sativa taste, not anything special.
I'm surprised anyway by potency. It is strong, up, energetic smoke. Long lasting. Really fucked me up the first joints. And this is goooood!
Male is super NYCD stinking, tall, super vigorous, a real beast.
Here's a pic of finishing buds. They're a bit smaller than yours, more nycd leaning.
They haven't ruined up so much by temperature and kept a tighter structure just because they weren't the tallest...

picture.php

I appreciated your grow, enjoy your bounty
good karma for everything
Dr.P

Just today I see your post Dr. :D I'm smoking too much maybe? :D I'm fucking happy when my jars are full you know:bump:
Nice to find another tester of this strain, and what a story, we both had grapefruits, 2x400w, summer grow......life
I don't like really long flowering sativas, but I needed to keep a mom from this plant...I can't imagine 4 clones in my system after 4 months of flowering....it should be an impressive yeld.THis time due to the fucking hot temperature the tallest colas were very airy, but we are already in autumn and the cold will be here soon, just the time my flower room gets free ;)
This NYCDxBG is a good one to smoke tobacco-free, very smooth.It gives a good high, euphoric, it's good to smoke all day.
When smoked without combustion, the NYCD is more appreciable, when smoked in a joint the NYCD aroma is just a little bit, and it has something hazy too.Not the best weed on the earth, but I'm just happy to smoke it :)

Enjoy your flowers bro, are you gonna be at the Wien cultiva expo? we could smoke a couple of joint together ;)

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time for an update here IC fellaz.

The flowering room is filled with dense and stinky flowers :blowbubbles:

I need to say the exodus cheese from GreenHouse (grown from seed) in coco&perlite is looking awesome.Plenty of resin with a very intense skunky smell.
Nice flower production....50% coco and 50% perlite works great!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Too sticky even for an ant :D

picture.php

NYCDxBG gave from a friend has turned its leaves purple.Really nice looking.Slower than other plants but they will fatten up more ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And some macros of various parts of this NYCDxBG plant

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kushage is an heavy stone pot, very dense flowers, but I don't like it very much, the aroma is nothing really special.However a good strain to try once.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a Grapefruit from Female seeds.Very sweet aroma and smell, a good hybrid but not the best pot I smoked.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's all folks.......for now ;) Keep the jars full of green and the mind free :wave:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some serious buddage in them pics.....got my fix from this page ...hehehehe thx Noreason !! :bow:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks to you buddies to follow my works :)

I'm almost ready to sprout my The White x Sour disel beanies :dance013: stay tuned ;)

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gotta some pics of a beauty to share.
I took a mom of this NYCDxBG and I think the next grow I'll use 4 clones in R-dwc with a 600w.

These pictures are from two clones grown in soil, small plants with fatty resinous buds.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And now some just cleaned buds

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

After a week at 45% RH around 20° is ready to be stored in my precious jars :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The smoke of this pot is way much on sativa style, it's not aggressive, but keep the mind in a state of peaceful relax.Perfect for tokin'around all day long.
Smell is somewhat diesel, let's say a light diesel with no particular notes.The aroma is light, soft in the lungs, perfect for pure joints, I definitely like it! Tuji if you read this, let me say you did a really nice work!!!

That's all folks, stay high and tuned