What's new

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i’m a huge proponent of using concentrates to infuse edibles. i feel like i can control decarb and dosage way more tightly than infusing directly from flower. also can’t stand the green taste and the flavor is more hashy with a concentrate.

i usually use rosin or ethanol extract.

genetic freaked

Veteran
i’m a huge proponent of using concentrates to infuse edibles. i feel like i can control decarb and dosage way more tightly than infusing directly from flower. also can’t stand the green taste and the flavor is more hashy with a concentrate.

i usually use rosin or ethanol extract.

100% agree. You can get a way more exact on the dosage with concentrate.
You do get a cleaner taste as well. Almost so clean people don’t believe they are dosed lol

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ChuckyouFarley - What it do F.A.M. - I think the 1oz per 1 stick is pretty standard. I do think there is big difference though when I use 4oz to 1lb a butter. It's the same ratio, technically, but there is a volume metric that seems to exist. I generally use sugar leaf and popcorn as well. I don't generally use flower - unless I'm making erl - or in the future, rosin.

@AmericanGrower - Hey brother. Thanks for the good vibes. Hated reading you lost your mothers. Hope you re-veg that Cake x 4DD pheno. Some good looking plants there! Just drop me a PM if needed.

@Bigtacofarmer - Generally, I do mixed batches as well. The last couple times I've done straight run. It seems to make a significant difference in effects when doing the straight runs, especially when using the 12wk Cobalt Haze. That makes some excellent productive edibles.

@unclefishsticks - I'm going to have to dig back through your thread. Congrats on your best numbers yet. I like the mobility of your set up and eventually hope to get myself to a similar situation. I was running 2k last - I miss the volume in even that difference. I could see myself running a 3 panel 1800w type of room and being a lot more happy with the freedom that additional space would give me in terms of getting through the seed numbers. All in due time. It's inevitable that things get bigger...LOL.

@GOT BUD - so you are suggesting using the water curing method when the material is intended for edibles. Not a bad concept if the goal is to leech out the chlorophyll. I guess it just doesn't bother me flavor wise or I've gotten used to it?

@Zomboy - Hey man! I've not posted any pictures of the Karma G testers at all yet. We have a lot of ground to cover! 13 females to document - all quite different for various reasons. I'm expecting some interesting plants.

@Cannared - I used to have a dog that loved cannabis. I couldn't leave it sitting any where. Roll a blunt. Get up to find the lighter or an ash try - blunt would be gone. There were times I was out and could tell the dog was still stoned. She used to kind of rock back and forth when she was stoned; no mistaking it. Some like, some don't.

@Heady - a dab press is in my future. Once I secure that, I'll play around with some pure terp blends to make gummies and hard candies. I picked up some FOGG terps when in Boston, and I guess they used to be teamed with the same people who made Viscosity, ie TrueTerps. FOGG said the split was because the other partners wanted to use lesser materials.

I made caramels this past week and they are absolutely fantastic. The math on them says they should be around 120mg. I was shooting for 90-100 but didn't get as many pieces as originally thought. However, 1 caramel is all it takes for a very present vibe for several hours.

@Genetic Freaked - Oddly, I don't get many comments on the taste of my edibles. I have many people tell me, they wish they COULD taste the cannabis in them, so they had the present reminder it was going to rock them. I generally find the taste of concentrate in gummies and stuff to be just as definitive as it is in other edibles. Different taste, sure, but still definitively cannabis. I'll have to be kept in the loop if you decide to set up again. ;)

@Karma G - What's good KG - Yeah, brother, I'm alive and kicking. Your plants are all 4-5 ft tall in veg...LOL. They'd be perfect for putting outside in the spring...oops.

I'm not sure if you read or not, but I have a serious Biker Kush leaning expression in the Mochiesel that just so happens to be a male. I've actually collected his pollen before flipping everything. I'm going to make selected F2's and lock them in the fridge until you say otherwise. BUT - I have a feeling, you might end up wanting to play with him yourself. He seems incredibly recessive - throwing 1 and 3 finger leaves at every internode. Has that lanky Biker Kush posture - if it was a TK throw back from the original pairing in the Cookies, it'd be shorter and more compact, I believe.

I've got a stupid impressively vigorous London Loud; that thing is going to be a game changer and a monocrop queen.

Things have been hectic, but I'm back on track, we'll get these things posted and a new thread going in your forum just for the testers. Nothing but :respect:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My own take on Dark Chewy Canna Caramels - let the world have the recipe. F.U.C.K.E.M.

RECIPE HERE

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

genetic freaked

Veteran
Nice recipe. The key is a legit candy thermometer. I learned the hard way when making gummy bears. Spend the money on a good one and have it forever.

Now I have to ask 110mg. Does that knock people on their ass who aren’t heavy smokers?

I can never get the understanding of mg. I’ve seen seasoned smokers get banged up from a 50mg candy and I’ve seems the same people eat 250mg and say they kinda feel it.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not sure honestly. It really seems to vary. I'm apparently a tank. I like a 180-220mg dose to really float. I don't really feel much below 60mg. The 100-120mg range is very productive and functional for me.

I know people that take 2.5-5mg and are good and people that are significantly larger than me and only want 45mg.

All these people seem to smoke neck and neck with me though, so... I'm not entirely sure why it varies so greatly with edibles?

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@esterchaser - The solution is simple - become your own source.

Problem solved. Overgrow prohibition. :joint:

dank.Frank

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I know you have been considering a rosin press and I just wanted to pass this along. It’s well built and even if the cheap cylinder doesn’t hold up and it needs replacing eventually I think it’s a bargain. I have built and bought a few versions and they all cost more. The tilt this one offers is just more fun come material collection time. If the link bothers you it’s amazon search dabpress, it’s the 12 ton. https://www.amazon.com/Ton-Hydrauli...a_1_6?keywords=dabpress&qid=1574600689&sr=8-6

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bought the Dabpress plates and my own press. Comes out quite a bit cheaper and you can use the press for other things if wanted.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Yeah you can do it a little cheaper with smaller plates and a harbor freight press. I just like to tilt the plates vertical when pressing and I like that I can carry it easily. Here is a roller version we are working on.

Attachments

• 2B0065FE-0772-4FF4-9D16-6F7B1B06EF9D.jpeg
    2B0065FE-0772-4FF4-9D16-6F7B1B06EF9D.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 858C95D0-83D0-4FC9-BCBD-294D698CDD6F.jpg
    858C95D0-83D0-4FC9-BCBD-294D698CDD6F.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ Itsmychoice - The 12 ton DabPress with the tilt frame that can sit on the side - ie a smarter drip tech solution, is exactly the press I had set my sights on. Thank you for the confirmation.

Truth be told, I'm really not the most able with my hands. It takes a lot of planning and effort and 3d modeling to get anything to come out properly 9 out of 10 times.

I've considered putting together my own press set up because older 20 ton presses seem to show up for sale cheap all the time. At the same time, I know that's something that is easier in the long run to just get an all-in-one, compact, pre-made solution.

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah you can do it a little cheaper with smaller plates and a harbor freight press. I just like to tilt the plates vertical when pressing and I like that I can carry it easily. Here is a roller version we are working on.

I didn't know the little one could do that. Nifty.

I might be able to do something similar with mine but not without giving myself a hernia. :D

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I did the tilt with a full frame press for years but my hernia’s have been meshed in place. It’s nice to see that the prices for heat press plates are half what they were not too long ago. This press talk is making my nectar collector hungry.

Ps nothing but respect for what you have going in this thread DF

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm only one person. I only need so much rosin at the end of the day. I really want to press bubble hash with the end goal of making gummies and hard candies. Not saying it won't be dab city, but still.

In the mean time, let them smoke cake.

Wedding Cake

picture.php

:joint:

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
REWIND - Back to Boston

REWIND - Back to Boston

I got distracted while discussing that trip. Something I want to discuss.

TERPENES

Well, this company came up and was pitching their product to the folks at Top Dawg. I was basically told, Frank, deal with that...LOL.
We're still the type of people who get their terpenes directly from cannabis, not these robot dicks. :laughing:

That aside, the terpene additives are interesting in terms of food grade additions.

The story behind FOGG is interesting because they said, originally, FOGG and TrueTerps were one company. TT split off when the folks at FOGG didn't want to go the same direction, which was portrayed as a lesser quality sourcing to increase profit margins. FOGG insisted their terps are 100% botanically derived, steam distilled, concentrated, PURE, terpenes.

So my question: Has anyone heard of FOGG???

picture.php

To be honest, the Jack Herer smells EXACTLY like you'd expect it to. Their instructions for blending say not to heat anything past 125F.

How to integrate such into an edible without degrading the terpenes, is going to be the problem to solve.

dank.Frank

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I got distracted while discussing that trip. Something I want to discuss.

TERPENES

Well, this company came up and was pitching their product to the folks at Top Dawg. I was basically told, Frank, deal with that...LOL.
We're still the type of people who get their terpenes directly from cannabis, not these robot dicks. :laughing:

I think I have tried to explain this so many times its only a matter of time and some jerk is going to punch me for explaining I grew those terps and no your pen will not taste as good.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
FOGG insisted their terps are 100% botanically derived, steam distilled, concentrated, PURE, terpenes.

Funny cause iirc TT said the same thing even when faced with paperwork that proved otherwise.

Fucking turds.

Latest posts

Latest posts