What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dispensary Prices in Colorado

Considering I pay $40 for 7 gr of the best bud you could smoke, with no dispensaries in sight, maybe keeping pot illegal might not be such a bad thing!

Balazar

This argument has been hashed out on these forums many many times.

I personally am a capitalist pig. If they are selling it at that price someone is buying it otherwise they would have to lower the price. There are some dispensaries that have "compassionate pricing" witch is bullshit they just cap at $50 an 1/8th which means they don't buy the best bud in town. If you want that bud you have to pay for it.

Here is my main point so pay attention:

Most people go into a dispensary and say "what the best thing you have?" then the bud tender pulls a completely random jar from the top shelf and says "this shit is fire!". Joe blow says "ok here is my $50 that I spend every week." and then he goes home and tokes till its time to refill the stash again.

How is that different from going to the kid down the street and buying an 1/8th from him of the flavor of the week?

You don't go to wal-mart and bitch about paying $9.99 for a shitty plastic lawn chair because it only costs <$1.00 to manufacture and that makes the mark up 1000%

The reason that prices are the way they are is because there is a black market. If weed became completely legal tomorrow that price would sky rocket for a while and then level off eventually dropping to the point where growers can still make a decent profit and stay competitive with everyone else.

Go to one of the dispensaries in aspen and see how much an 1/8th costs. I bet you will turn blue in the face, but they can sell it all day to rich bitches in aspen and that is basic economics. If you had a car you could sell for 12k in co and 16k in cali wouln't you drive it to cali and sell it to some rich kid there?

If you don't like it grow your own or buy lower quality because arguing over it doesn't change the basic principals of economics.

I know I sound like a cancer patient stomping ass hat but the only way to change the weed economy is to change the gov't regulations of it. The best way to do that would be to pay a lobbyist to bitch at your representatives if you have the money for that lol, or write them if you still believe that that works.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
God Please tell me that is a type-o $300 an eighth.. WHAT!?
Do I also get to sleep with your wife?

Never would I sell for this price... not to you, him, or Slim. No how no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And if people are paying that we should just put them down... I mean they are already fucking stupid?

Well apparently you don't spot sarcasm all that well lol...

The POINT was that if there are people who want to sell their bud for $300 a 8th AND there are people who will pay it then what the fuck does it matter to you or anyone else?

on the wife remark, show some fuckin respect.

j-fly

Well apparently you don't spot sarcasm all that well lol...

The POINT was that if there are people who want to sell their bud for $300 a 8th AND there are people who will pay it then what the fuck does it matter to you or anyone else?

on the wife remark, show some fuckin respect.

I think he was being sarcastic with the wife remark!
:laughing:

medmaker420

Veteran
I think he was being sarcastic with the wife remark!
:laughing:

I get the sarcasm however joking about ones wife is really never funny. Bust my balls or anyone else for that matter just not my family.

but yeah not pissed but damn disrespectful whether joking or not.

either way back on topic, I hate sidetracked threads

j-fly

I get the sarcasm however joking about ones wife is really never funny. Bust my balls or anyone else for that matter just not my family.

but yeah not pissed but damn disrespectful whether joking or not.

either way back on topic, I hate sidetracked threads

Joking about $300 eighths isnt really funny either. I like my mary jane a lot better than any dumb bitch. you must be really pussy whipped

ps. more sarcasm

medmaker420

Veteran
Joking about $300 eighths isnt really funny either. I like my mary jane a lot better than any dumb bitch. you must be really pussy whipped

ps. more sarcasm

I love my meds and I love my family

pussy wipped? maybe lol

$300 an 8th would for sure hurt but I think a divorce would cost a bit more lol.

j-fly

I love my meds and I love my family

pussy wipped? maybe lol

$300 an 8th would for sure hurt but I think a divorce would cost a bit more lol.

Some funny stuff. A divorce would cost more, thats why i will never get married. There is only one woman for me. Mary Jane

Greenmopho

Boulder MM is $50 an eighth (plus tax) across the board, and they by far have some of the best meds in town....only shit better you will find will be up in Ned!

You should charge what you can get, you should only buy what you can pay. For some people money isn't a concern, who cares what anything costs. Others, they are tight, and are paying close attention. Either way, the market will even out to whats best for SOCIETY AS A WHOLE. Not one person on either end of the economic spectrum. Not $20.00, not $300.00 I might pay 75 an 1/8th for that OG KUSH in Breck, esepcially if I had left my jar at home on a weekend ski trip. Of course, I sell mine to the Dispensaries for like $30.00 an eigth, and I am okay with that. That's the way business works.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Well it's very interesting you bring this up now as TY mag just did an article as to how much is it really worth to grow lol lol.. and it's sure as hell as we all know is not $50.00 an 1/8 or $70.00,as I said and got yelled at on another thread here lol lol... it is actually $17.00 an 1/8 look it up...

So lets break it down shall we....$almost $10.000. lb they that $500.00oz ffs in Cali are you shitting me????
Don't be a fucking fool grow your own and tell these assholes to fuck off!!!! If this is helping the sick then this kinda of help I don't need lol peace out Headband707

COconnoisseur

phanthom = why do you get so worked up? Take a break from spamming ur dispensary and be more understanding towards people who think greedy growers...are...well...greedy

and I am not necessarily crying over it. lucky me my caregiver only charges me $70/quarter, and he has the best meds ive ever saw here. Everytime i show a dispenary what's in my backpack, they always either shut up or start begging for some or try to trade their "top shelf"

I just think it takes an uber DOUCHE to willingly straight-face sell somebody medical MJ for such prices. That's all.

And, does the dispensary owner realize even thou people may pay the prices, they hate them and cuss their name all the way out the door?

I wouldnt want those negative vibes sent my way

COconnoisseur

and i think its bad when dispensary owners say their not in it for the $$$, and they are here to help the sick, and they charge over $60/eighth