What's new

Dirtiest Bongs of the World Unite! How do ya clean plastic?

L

LolaGal

Freezer Boy To the Rescue!

Went out a minute ago to try Freezer Boy's oil and brush method! Works incredibly well. Haven't tried the other suggestions yet, but thanks!

I can see slightly through the plastic now..lol. It looks slightly green at the top now..haha

I believe if I left the oil on overnight to soak, it might get all the crud off that I can't brush away with my weekly cleaning sessions.

Thanks Freezer Boy and all who are helping! My bong is nice and shiny too! Still brown though, but I think the plastic has changed colors over the decades and won't ever go back to it's original color!

EDIT: Mmmm...tastes better too!

Last edited:

emmy75

thats why i smoke joints. no shit to clean and when you think uve run out of weed low and behold you find all those roaches to save you for one last time.

L

LolaGal

Canna: Thinking about ordering...torn between the Festival Glass Green One with skulls, or the Spot On Elevated Double Bubble Straightneck.... any suggestions? n thanks

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you really want it clean get a bottle of olive oil and let it soak. The olive oil will eat the thc and you will be able to wash it clean with soap and water.....

L

LolaGal

Great Minds Think Alike!

Great Minds Think Alike!

If you really want it clean get a bottle of olive oil and let it soak. The olive oil will eat the thc and you will be able to wash it clean with soap and water.....

Heehee! Thanks JJ! Once Freezer Boy told me to use cooking oil, I grabbed the Olive Oil and put the Extra Virgin on her. Made a great difference with the oil and scrubbing.

I plan on soaking it as soon as I'm not using it ...lol. Maybe tonite and let it soak in the oily goodness.

Thanks Ya'll, and thanks JJ!

Now if I can just order that cheap glass bong, I can have a clean one. My dreams came true, I can get the old one sparkling clean for the first time in it's life with this method AND I find a nice cheap glass place or two!

Yippie! :dance:

T.Baggins

i wouldn't use alcohol to clean a acrylic bong..... i tried it once and the damn thing cracked up and broke in my hand.....

L

LolaGal

i wouldn't use alcohol to clean a acrylic bong..... i tried it once and the damn thing cracked up and broke in my hand.....

I gotta agree T.Baggins, I tried it a decade or so ago on Dirty Bong, and the plastic started turning a funky white sorta color, and I washed it off.

I tried 420 grunge remover. It too, made the acrylic react. Also left a funky orange flavor in that plastic that was hard to get out.

I gave up getting it sparkling clean long ago, but the Olive Oil works SUPER! I can see the water in there for the first time in ages.... :bongsmi:

L

LolaGal

It;s like $100 with the diffuser.....

I have not found many antiquities to pirate from Belize lately and times are tough!

Wish I had my old job as a nurse back, but I got trashed saving a little ole lady from her doom..... Worker's Comp sez FU and the lawyers go round and round.......

Meanwhile $100 is like 96% of my bank account..... No Amsterdam trips for me, gotta read about it and smoke on my tired old bong..... (poor poor Lola)

Now, I AM looking for a Sugar Daddy! heehee

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Did not read all the thread.

DO NOT USE ISO on a acrylic bong...like Baggins said...it will crack and fall apart in your hand as you watch it happen.

minds_I

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
this thread made me go clean my bong.

and it pisses me off to no end because I can't get it perfectly crystal clear. It's a three-foot-long pipe with two round chambers at the bottom, and the lower of those is kinda grungy but I can't find a pipe brush or anything to reach in there... and isopropyl plus salt doesn't do it, I can't get it perfect.

If you don't give it a hot water washdown first do so, ISO washes are way more effective after the resins been softened with hot water.

LolaGal, I like the spot-on better between the 2, the green one is too busy, one could say.

Mr. Tony, not everyone is in the exact same situation as you, people have varying opinions and needs and resources, try to keep that in mind. I'm sure she won't regret not buying an $100 bong. I lol'd when I clicked and seen the flashy spinning bong picture.

L

LolaGal

Thanks CannaExists! Now if I can afford shipping & handling, I'll be set. I ain't too crazy about that Green One Skull Design, but like the basic glass bong a lot. Wonder if the Skulls could be removed from that particular bong? What do you think? Paint or decals?

I like the Spot On, but that stem dealie looks hard to clean and easy to break???

The prices are great though, haven't checked shipping. Maybe I should get a gross on credit and start selling them out back of the mall....

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
Thanks CannaExists! Now if I can afford shipping & handling, I'll be set. I ain't too crazy about that Green One Skull Design, but like the basic glass bong a lot. Wonder if the Skulls could be removed from that particular bong? What do you think? Paint or decals?

Looks like paint to me, perhaps since its a cheapy bong it could be scrubbed off easily lawl.

I like the Spot On, but that stem dealie looks hard to clean and easy to break???
Easy to break maybe, hard to clean I don't think so. The way I clean my Roor downtube is by running hot water through it, then shaking it in a bag in ISO/salt water. Unless the downtube isn't removable, I can't tell.

L

LolaGal

Thanks Canna, I will try and decide and let ya'll know if I can manage one or the other! Your point is good that smoking through a piece of plastic is bound to be worse on me than glass. Besides, glass is easier to keep fresh and clean.

Gonna go scrub ole Dirty Bong again with an electric toothbrush and Olive Oil, see if I can clarify the plastic once again! Anybody wanna see how she cleans up? I'll try and post pic after!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran

I have a bad ass US Bong (bad ass for plastic, anyway) ruined by Budweiser. I didn't pull that outta anybody's ass Tony, but I'll be happy to stick a piece of this shattered acrylic up yours! :D

L

LolaGal

OK Ya'll, I have searched several web sites which is a drag on dialup, and found a couple of bongs I liked at the place recommended earlier. Of course they are much higher than I would like to pay, but they do look nice and thick.

Can anyone identify the type of glass bong I once had and which was broken by a boyfriend? (I'm still mad..haha)

OK, this bong was glass about 8 to 10 inches tall. It had 2 chambers for water, one right above the other. The chambers were seperated by a black rubber plug in the middle. There was a bent glass straw that went from the bottom chamber up into the top chamber, so the smoke went through 2 different water chambers, and then inhaled.

I've seen a few glass bongs online with little off to the side chambers, etc., but would love to know what I had, and would love another one like that.

GOOD NEWS: Olive Oil is working great on Dirty Bong! She is showing faint traces of green under that layer of brown! There may be hope. 98% of the grime gone with Olive Oil, scrubbing. I can see the water! Shock of shocks! :D

Mr. Tony

Veteran
OK, this bong was glass about 8 to 10 inches tall. It had 2 chambers for water, one right above the other. The chambers were seperated by a black rubber plug in the middle. There was a bent glass straw that went from the bottom chamber up into the top chamber, so the smoke went through 2 different water chambers, and then inhaled.

Generic double chamber with a removable percolator

L

LolaGal

Generic double chamber with a removable percolator

Thanks Mr. Tony! Now that I know what I had, I see I ain't gonna replace that one very cheap am I? :D I've looked at bongs online all night....it's so confusing looking for a good deal online..... it ain't easy being cheap....

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Certainly not saying your beloved bong deserves less than the very best but, Extra Virgin Olive Oil :yoinks:? That stuff's expensive. Lacking definitive proof that it works 4 times faster, I'd stick with cheap generic corn oil.

L

LolaGal

Now ya'll done give me the Glass Bug! Help me decide!

Now ya'll done give me the Glass Bug! Help me decide!

OK, thanks for the links! I've been looking, and the more I look, the more expensive the bongs have become...lol.

Here's a few I found that were in the clearance bin.... I may get another one, but which of these do ya'll like? Help me decide!

that extra virgin Olive Oil does the trick! Cleans plastic great!

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LolaGal

Introducing Marge

Introducing Marge

Sorry, guess I shouldn't put links in to glass shops.... didn't know that.

I did look at SeedBoutique Store first, but no glass there....

Anyways, for those of you worrying about my lungs...Here's the newest addition to the family... A Zork 16 inch Donut! She's purty ain't she?

Thanks so much! I will love her very much and hopefully we will be together for a long time to come.

Latest posts

Latest posts