What's new

dirt the movie!

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Darc,

I clicked on the link, then clicked on the play button, then it opened a page with another button but it says Mega Manager. Is this software which is required?

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
i did the same thing and it asked me to download a codec and when i tried my antivirus said it was a trojan or something. i just went back to the first page and pressed play again and it is working fine w/o any download

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I just watched it....I closed the one page that opened and then there was a different looking play button and it was a go.
Cool movie...it should be mandatory that the American population (amongst others) see it.

DARC MIND

Veteran
mm
aftr clicking the play button, it should just start playing
never heard of mega manager
ps.
just found out after 72 min in,it breaks for 30 min. unless u have limited use of megavideo..
kind of mega sucks but a good reason to get blown

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
every time i watch this the beginning makes me sad. the part about the thousands of farmers in india killing themselves....drinking the pesticides that they can no longer afford.....fucked up shit.

for me to play i have to click the first play button, close the new window and then click the green play button.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
DARC MIND

I just ordered it up at Netflix - it should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the FYI!!!!

Check out the movie/documentary 'Food, Inc.' sometime - I guarantee you that a sane person would never, ever even consider using bone or blood meal (bovine) after a the scene of watching crippled cattle being moved by a forklift to begin the butchering process. I actually had to turn my eyes it was so brutally cruel.

And then there was the scene of chickens being raised in total darkness sitting in their own manure because they're genetic wrecks and can't stand on their own.

CC

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I was at a city outside of Seattle this weekend and noticed the facade of "environmental planning" all around me. It seems they don't really think about it on the microbiological level,but rather how it looks to the people that BUY (or trend) the whole "go green" idea....the visual effect it has on the native flora and introduced spieces literally shows that it is consumer focused more than environmentally focused. Using chemical ferts that end up in the water shed and clearly mess up the balance. All you have to do is know a bit about plants and just stop to look at it for 30 seconds.

MrFista

Veteran
It is terrible yes.

There are people who are dedicating their lives to cleaning up our food production though.

For some good food news, have you seen polyface farms? There is a model we could all learn from.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just watched the first 66 minutes. Excellent. I've been telling people about the India suicides brought about by Monsanto and Cargill but most do not believe me. Us money-ass white euroamerican garbage global traders have convinced/coerced through greed many natural based farmers to grow using GMO seeds and roundup; shame! I received an enormous Sears Christmas catalogue in my mailbox yesterday; shame!

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
From the movie 'Food, Inc.' there is this companion web site that addresses many of the issues raised by 'Dirt - The Movie'

Factory farms, factory slaughter houses, factory poultry operations - with effects far beyond creating non-food and killing the soil - by subsidizing the corn and soybean industries the USA is able to sell these commodities at a cost less than the cost of production in India or most other countries around the world.

IOW - we're not only killing the family farm paradigm in this country - we're destroying the integral agriculture operations in several countries.

I'm glad that I'm old enough to not be around as a witness to the full story as it unfolds.

CC

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Just watching the exact same one and my mate back in Portugal is doing the same!
Nice to know that we are together in the dirt!
What can be more liberating and demanding at the same time?!
Peace&Light to us all

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How do you watch the second part? It said I could resume watching in 54 minutes. It is just sitting there.

s13sr20det

Veteran
it tried doing the same thing to me so i clicked on a couple other documentaries and they worked, so i closed out the window of dirt and then clicked the link and it worked fine and i finished it.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
In some sites you can only watch 60mins every day...otherwise you need to sign-up
It worths coming back to it ;)

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you have to watch the first 74 mins, then wait 54, refresh and go back to where you were.

s13sr20det

Veteran
i watched the whole thing today by closing out the window and re-opening it and scrolling to where i was at

C

CT Guy

Got it on DVD at my house to watch soon!

On a side note, if you want to see the most disturbing movie on animal cruelty, watch "Earthlings" Saw it on a date! (long story)
*Warning, I'm not exaggerating how disturbing or graphic this movie is. I didn't make it all the way through.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6361872964130308142#

For a good movie by Paul Tukey on the chemical industry and homeowners, check out "A Chemical Reaction"
http://www.pfzmedia.com/#/images/stories/screen/small/HomeDepot3.jpg