What's new

Dinafem Diesel + DNA/Reserva Privada Freebies

Week 1 Flowering

It's been a tease, not being able to open my tent up half the day. The plants are doing well. OG 18 is definitely a stretcher, I am going to start twisting her so her tall branches don't touch the light or shadow everything under them. The stacked kush is similar but better behaved, I really like the structure and hope the potency is already there. The diesel has me convinced that dinafem actually sells good genetics, this girl has been the shining example for the others to follow....steady growth but no stretch, lots of undergrowth filling out at the same time....a very healthy plant. The la confidential, as much as I want to say only good things about, really is a slow veg'er. She loves throwing out her big shade leaves then just chilling under the shade. Lazy girl!

I have switched my feed to AN sensibloom A+B, and am adding to that a bit of fish emulsion and a bit of molasses. The mix stinks to high heaven, but the plants seem to dig it.

picture.php

picture.php

Week 2 Flowering

Well, good news bad news. Bad news first.....I snapped a branch off the LA Confidential. Not even a little bit, I snapped it nearly clean off. Good thing I wasn't expecting much bud from her. Also the 2 kushes are stretching, lots.

Now the good news.

The plants look very healthy, and are flowering faster than anything else I have grown. The diesel is doing her best to outshine the reputation of her kush cousins. She isn't stretching and her flowers are biggest in the tent. God I hope this diesel is a good smoke, I may have a keeper.

The og18 continues stretching, I have started twirling her branches in a clockwise circle around her, to keep the height under control. There aren't many nodes, so we shall see on yield.

The stacked kush performs pretty much exactly as one would expect, with a bit of stretch. She does a good job positioning her tops to allow light to get to lower branches, something the og18 does not do.

The la confidential is, well, abused. I wont take blame for the slow veg since this strain already has a rep for that, but really, she does not like growing. She will grow out these leaves as big as your head, and shade her entire mass under them. Must have been stupidly hot where they picked up those genes.

picture.php

picture.php

Week 3 Flowering

Not much to report this week. I have been defoliating steadily to expose the lower bud sites. All buds appear to be forming well, with the diesel and la confidential edging out the 2 kushes in size and density. I raised the diesel pot slightly because she wasn't as tall as the kushes. Stretchy bitches they are, those kush girls.

Feeding once per week, 6 ml each sensibloom a and b, 3ml fish emulsion, 2ml unsulphured molasses.....per liter of filtered water. Seems to be doing the job. When this sensibloom stuff runs out, I will likely switch to organic tea.......if I am lazy I will order 2 more bottles of sensibloom.

The girls are getting thirsty and frosty, good signs this early yeah? They are up to roughly 1 1/2 liter per day. Is a pain in the ass to hand water 500ml at a time.

picture.php

picture.php

Week 4 Flowering

Bad news first:

I have taken a few more pieces off the La Confidential accidentally. She doesn't seem to be friendly to clumsy growing practices. I ripped 3 flowers off by pulling off leaves. Frustrating since she grows such large shade leaves she definitely requires defoliating, but basically must be done with scissors.

The OG 18 continues to stretch heavily. There is a "stemball" below her canopy of all the tops stretching to get to light. It's cool to see the little branches reaching out for the light, but a pain for the colas to stretched. I could probably make a good bit of rope from just her.

The Diesel has a mutant branch. It flattened out horizontally while still growing vertically, giving a very wide very large seeming flower.

Now the good news:

All plants seem to be thriving with the previously listed feed. 1 liter of feed water per plant per week, and 1 liter of filtered water per day except feeding day. Diesel is already getting frosty on leaves and buds, the rest are taking their time. This diesel is really doing a great job of selling me on dinafem. The La Confidential has shrugged off all the abuse I have given her and continues to flower impressively. There is a very light misting of crystals starting to form in her flowers.

Note: Hopefully good news from the kush girls when they start smelling/looking like the kush I am used to smoking.

picture.php

picture.php

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Nice grow you have there! I just planted a stacked Kush seed, so I'm interested in how yours turns out.

Btw, dinafem genetics really are amazing! I grew out 3 strains of theirs so far and all of them have far exceeded my expectations... especially their white widow.

Week 5 Flowering

This week the girls in the flowering tent have a new friend.....a stray boss hogg female (regular seed) has been spared an early death, and is being started flowering here before finishing in a cabinet. I wont be reporting on her much, other than she is the bright green branch behind/left of the LA Confidential....that is not a branch of the la con female growing out.

The LA Confidential seems to be heat stressing. The leaves are curling up, making me think my original statement of it being hot where this plant comes from being wrong. If I could cool my tent anymore I would, but I am pulling in outside air during 85-90 degree days for my dark period, and the tent is running around 85 pulling in cool outside air during lights on. Her buds are beautiful, but I wont be growing her out again. Too much work for not much yield.

The OG 18 now smells like a west coast OG. Kinda wish I had cut a clone for the sake of having something that resembles the local market kush, but I have other OG's to test, and this one really likes to stretch. The buds are still thin but they might fill out.

The Stacked Kush continues to impress me with its vitality. This plant has basically acted as if I could do no wrong. Even its clone seems to be outpacing the other clones in overall growth. The smell is not what I identify as OG Kush, more like a mix of a very smooth/understated haze and something stinky (like a skunk, far off in the distance). I expect the smell to continue evolving. The buds are filling in slowly, not much frost yet.

The diesel has put on some serious weight compared to the others. I don't know if she is going to finish way earlier than the others or what, but she definitely seems ahead of the game. Of the 4 seeds I popped, diesel is the one I am considering the keeper. We shall see if I feel the same after the smoke reports.

This is my best looking grow so far, if anyone wants to add any comments, concerns, or counsel, I will pay attention. Thanks for looking!

picture.php

picture.php

Week 6 Flowering

Bad news: That "heat stress" turned out to be light stress. 3 of 4 plants started revegging due to light getting into tent through ducting. I have wrapped my ducting in plastic, and turned my timer from 12/12 to 11/13.

Note for the future: Rounded leaves during flowering might be light stress.

Good news: The 3 that started to reveg (la confidential, og #18, and stacked kush) seem to be headed back into deep flower, with crystals just forming on flowers, and white hairs replacing green matter. The one that was unaffected by the light leak (diesel) has grown nice fat buds with crystals forming into small spires, no heads yet. I think the diesel will be done in 2-3 weeks, and the other 3 will be done in 3-5?

Summary: Light leaks are a bitch.

picture.php

picture.php

Week 7 Flowering

Bad news: The LA Confidential is dying off. I had given her a lighter than scheduled feeding 2 weeks in a row to compensate for her stress and smaller size.....well she completely yellowed out and dropped nearly all leaves. I have given her a double feed now, but I am just shooting in the dark at this point. I wont be surprised if she dies.

I have cut a clone to give the strain another go. I blame myself not the genetics, she does require more attention that any other plant I have grown though.

Good news: The OG #18 and Stacked Kush are flowering normally again. They look like they are around week 4 of flowering (white hairs just overcoming the green matter, and spots of thc just starting to form), so I will have to flower them longer than expected. The Diesel is doing amazing. She never noticed the light leak, and will be finished between week 8 and 9 (each week ends on sunday for these girls).

picture.php

picture.php

Week 8 Flowering

Bad news: The LA Confidential has died. I chopped her down, and am drying out the semi mature buds, so I can decide whether to make oil out of it or just trash it.

Good news: The Stacked Kush and OG18 are continuing to flower normally, they have both put on good weight....especially below the primary tops. I have not seen any banana's, but I did pull out a single mostly mature seed from the la confidential.

The really good news: I have flushed the Diesel, and she will be harvested within the next 7 days.

picture.php

Weekly update pics (notice the LA Confidential is missing now).

picture.php

picture.php

Week 9 Flowering

So I did a bit more reading, and I think my "nute/heat/light stress" is VPD. I will have to do even more reading to figure out how I will solve that problem. The OG 18 is still showing signs of stress but is flowering normally now. The Stacked Kush seems to have gotten over the stress.

The Diesel has been chopped down and is hanging to dry now.
picture.php

The tent has a new visitor...I added a Cheese Candy Auto to the mix, along with the boss hogg female, the og18 and the stacked kush. This opened up my cabinet to dry the diesel. Wonder how an auto does under 11 hours of light?

picture.php

picture.php

Week 11 Flowering

Well, there are still signs of stress in the top of some branches, but overall this seems to have been stopped from becoming worse. I blow a fan in instead of extracting out during lights out, have a small wick humidifier at the intake, am watering half gallon per day per plant, and added a bit of ca/mg (tried to cover all the bases, yeah). The plants are still sprouting white hairs but thc SEEMS to be forming into mature crystals now. They were getting better, then got worse......now better again.....argh! The life of a learning grower.

picture.php

picture.php

I have posted a smoke report of the Diesel here...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=265821