What's new

digital ballast problem, advice needed

TEMA

hi all, my digital ballast (400w) acts wierd - it seems to not be able to fire up with the timer (tried digital and mechanical timers with it), though it does shut down at due time.
i have to unplug it, turn the main power plug down,and re-plug in a "normal" socket and it lights up.....
at this point of time i cannot send or take it to the shop.
btw,i opened it, had a non-expert look, and all seemed in place...
any tips or advice is welcome.
thanks

P

PastorJ

is the Timer rated high enough for the Ballast/light? Only thing I could think of unless some sort of internal problem with the ballast.

Esskie

Hi there,
Although I'm inclined to agree with PastorJ & say one of the ballast's internal components is buggered, have you tried a different bulb?

I know that sounds too simple but it's worth checking to rule it out anyway :dunno:

TEMA

hello pastor and esskie, thanks for your replies. yeas, i changed bulbs and timers etc...
well, obviously internally would be e first place to check but as i said it cant be taken to a shop...

isit4.20yet

It sounds like a remote ballast. Make sure the plug that goes to the light is clean and corrosion-free. Check all of your connections. Also, shorter length of wire between ballast and lamp = more reliable starting.

Latest posts

Latest posts