What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DID ALIENS BRING WEED TO PLANET EARTH?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Forget Darwin he has no relevance or not do his theory's , science dismissed his bullshit long ago and science doesn't lie ...

14 different species doesn't mean they were manipulated by evolution at all , that's like saying a white man eating Rice n peas will turn black.

And dogs interbreed mixing genetics so evolution has little or no input

Show me some science that disproves evolution.

14 different species is nothing at all like saying a white man eating rice and peas will turn black. WTF

I don't even understand this piece of gibberish- "And dogs interbreed mixing genetics so evolution has little or no input"- maybe you should evolve into someone who uses punctuation.

Thanks for the counterpoint, Einstein.:biggrin:

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
LOL...what if each of our DNA was NOT solely passed down through our "ancestral lines" (ie each of our DNA is 100% sourced from our parents) instead a small amount of "foreign genes" was acquired from other microorganisms from our environment (aka "horizontal transfer")? That would fuck up the evolution theory I was taught in school....lol.

The transfer of genes between organisms living in the same environment is known as horizontal gene transfer. It is well known in single-celled organisms and thought to be an important process that explains how quickly bacteria evolve resistance to antibiotics, for example.

Horizontal gene transfer is also thought to play an important role in the evolution of some animals, including nematode worms, which have acquired genes from microorganisms and plants, and some beetles that gained bacterial genes to produce enzymes for digesting coffee berries. However, the idea that horizontal gene transfer occurs in more complex animals, such as humans has been widely debated and contested.

Lead author Alastair Crisp from the Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology at the University of Cambridge said: “This is the first study to show how widely horizontal gene transfer occurs in animals, including humans, giving rise to tens or hundreds of active 'foreign' genes. Surprisingly, far from being a rare occurrence, it appears that this has contributed to the evolution of many, perhaps all, animals and that the process is ongoing. We may need to re-evaluate how we think about evolution.”

The study challenges the conventional view that animal evolution relies solely on genes passed down through ancestral lines and suggests that, at least in some lineages, the process is still ongoing.

Article: http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/human-genome-includes-foreign-genes-not-from-our-ancestors

Research Conclusion:
Although observed rates of acquisition of horizontally transferred genes in eukaryotes are generally lower than in prokaryotes, it appears that, far from being a rare occurrence, HGT has contributed to the evolution of many, perhaps all, animals and that the process is ongoing in most lineages. Between tens and hundreds of foreign genes are expressed in all the animals we surveyed, including humans. The majority of these genes are concerned with metabolism, suggesting that HGT contributes to biochemical diversification during animal evolution.

Research study: https://genomebiology.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13059-015-0607-3

Methinks what I learned in human biology classes might now be more bullshit than fact....lol, and that was "settled science" back then (shakes head).

Cheesegez

Show me some science that disproves evolution.

14 different species is nothing at all like saying a white man eating rice and peas will turn black. WTF

I don't even understand this piece of gibberish- "And dogs interbreed mixing genetics so evolution has little or no input"- maybe you should evolve into someone who uses punctuation.

Thanks for the counterpoint, Einstein.:biggrin:

easy in what format would you like that info :tiphat:

http://www.icr.org/home/resources/resources_tracts_scientificcaseagainstevolution/

lol , well gibberish at the same level as a previous statement of yours ." They had all evolved into different niches, based on survival and food finding strategies"

there's many reasons why Darwin's theory's are incorrect :

· Ape to human evolution” is impossible - recent DNA tests reveal that ape and human DNA are far too different for humans to have evolved from apes.

· One species into another species evolution” cannot occur in bisexual animals because the laws of genetics and embryology preserve each species and prevent any bisexual species from evolving into another.

• No Viable Mechanism to Generate a Primordial Soup

• Unguided Chemical Processes Cannot Explain the Origin of the Genetic Code

• Random Mutations Cannot Generate the Genetic Information Required for Irreducibly Complex Structures

• Natural Selection Struggles to Fix Advantageous Traits into Populations

• Abrupt Appearance of Species in the Fossil Record Does Not Support Darwinian Evolution

• Molecular Biology has Failed to Yield a Grand "Tree of Life"

• Convergent Evolution Challenges Darwinism and Destroys the Logic Behind Common Ancestry

• differences between Vertebrate Embryos Contradict the Predictions of Common Ancestry

• Neo-Darwinism Struggles to Explain the Biogeographical Distribution of many Species

• Neo-Darwinism has a Long History of Inaccurate Darwinian Predictions about Vestigial Organs and "Junk DNA

• Humans Display Many Behavioral and Cognitive Abilities that Offer No Apparent Survival Advantage

image001.gif

The top map is the Chimpanzee Y chromosome and the lower map is the human Y chromosome.

"Ape to human evolution" theory asserts that the Chimpanzee Y chromosome (top one) evolved into the human Y chromosome (the lower one) and few changes were necessary.

That is obviously baloney - there is no way that could have happened.

There is no genetic mechanism that could have rearranged the genes in the Chimpanzee Y chromosome to become the human Y chromosome.

The two chromosomes are so different it is like comparing the chromosomes of humans to those of chickens.

The regions of both chromosomes are color coded to identify the gene family or DNA type as follows (MSY means male specific region of the Y chromosome):

image002.gif

APE TO HUMAN EVOLUTION IS IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE
APES AND HUMANS CANNOT ADD GENES TO THEIR GENOMES

The same research paper also revealed that the human Y chromosome has at least 35 more genes than the Chimpanzee Y chromosome. Below is the gene table:

image004.jpg

The human Y chromosome has twice as many genes as the Chimpanzee Y chromosome. Humans have 41 more genes.
This means that in order for the ape Y chromosome to evolve into the human Y chromosome, apes had to add 41 genes. In order for apes to add genes, they would have to have a genetic mechanism to generate new genes and insert them into their chromosomes.
But apes do not have any "gene generating system."
Nor do apes have a "gene insertion system."
This means that "ape to human evolution" theory is missing the genetic mechanisms necessary for evolution to actually take place.

This is ABSOLUTE CONTRADICTING EVIDENCE that proves "ape to human evolution" is impossible,

You also spoke about dogs and all the different breeds , well like I said dogs interbreed with each other causing genetic differences and new breeds like the genetically unstable JUG...

So Evolution has little or no input on the different breeds of dogs ...

your welcome

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway

easy in what format would you like that info :tiphat:

http://www.icr.org/home/resources/resources_tracts_scientificcaseagainstevolution/

lol , well gibberish at the same level as a previous statement of yours ." They had all evolved into different niches, based on survival and food finding strategies"

That was a sentence with all its elements. Just because you disagree with it or don't understand it, doesn't make it gibberish.
there's many reasons why Darwin's theory's are incorrect :

[YOUR DARWIN ARGUMENT]

Dude, all I did was make a reference to Darwin's observations on the finches in Galapagos as an example of natural selection. I wasn't in any way saying, "Darwin explains everything". That's all on you, so sorry you did all that typing or copy/pasting.
You also spoke about dogs and all the different breeds , well like I said dogs interbreed with each other causing genetic differences and new breeds like the genetically unstable JUG...

So Evolution has little or no input on the different breeds of dogs ...

My point in mentioning different breeds of dogs, was that there are many different breeds, which you apparently acknowledge. If there are that many different breeds of dogs, why couldn't there be four or five races of humans. That's my point there.
your welcome

"You're" welcome too.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
well it looks like you did more copy and pasting that me :laughing:

you asked for evidence so i gave it to you take it how you wish, and if you don't see that as circumstantial evidence then look again.

Evidence of what? I don't even know what you're disagreeing with me about. So let me be clear what my one and only argument with you is, and maybe you can address THAT?

You said, "look at the rainbow of races alone evolution does not enable genome editing to that level."

I'm disagreeing with exactly that. My examples- Darwin's finches and breeds of dogs- were presented AS examples how evolution could
very well express itself in many 'races' or 'breeds', or even species in the case of the finches.

I'm not interested in defending Darwin's theories, because I don't know enough about them. But I'm pretty sure that Natural Selection can be and has been pretty easily demonstrated.

Maybe you just like a good scrap, I do too, but try not to get personal, and I'll do the same. :tiphat:
p.s.- I did do a bit of copy pasting, so I'm glad you noticed and appreciated the effort I made to present my side. :biggrin:

Time for bong hits!

Cheesegez

Evidence of what? I don't even know what you're disagreeing with me about. So let me be clear what my one and only argument with you is, and maybe you can address THAT?

You said, "look at the rainbow of races alone evolution does not enable genome editing to that level."

I'm disagreeing with exactly that. My examples- Darwin's finches and breeds of dogs- were presented AS examples how evolution could
very well express itself in many 'races' or 'breeds', or even species in the case of the finches.

I'm not interested in defending Darwin's theories, because I don't know enough about them. But I'm pretty sure that Natural Selection can be and has been pretty easily demonstrated.

Maybe you just like a good scrap, I do too, but try not to get personal, and I'll do the same. :tiphat:
p.s.- I did do a bit of copy pasting, so I'm glad you noticed and appreciated the effort I made to present my side. :biggrin:

Time for bong hits!

yes and what im trying to tell you is darwins theory's are bs so the point your trying to make is sort of invalid as his conclusions have been long proven wrong ...

nothing personal just a different understanding :tiphat:

DocTim420

And both are "theories"...which are like opinions. Gotta respect opinions, but I can't help my self, as I will debate fact vs fiction until proven wrong. And when proven wrong, I congratulate my opponent for getting the better of me and for correcting my error.

well it looks like you did more copy and pasting that me :laughing:

you asked for evidence so i gave it to you take it how you wish, and if you don't see that as circumstantial evidence then look again.
He asked for evidence and you posted a strawman argument (utter bollocks) saying humans are not descended from chimps which Darwin never claimed.
What Darwin said was that apes and humans shared a common ancestor which is accepted as fact by most of the scientific community and by most sensible people unless they happen to be creationist nut jobs or conspiraloons :)

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Forget Darwin he has no relevance or not do his theory's , science dismissed his bullshit long ago and science doesn't lie ...

14 different species doesn't mean they were manipulated by evolution at all , that's like saying a white man eating Rice n peas will turn black.

And dogs interbreed mixing genetics so evolution has little or no input

I think Darwin's theories have more value than you believe.

White man might not turn black from "rice and peas" as you say but he will quickly turn black(like he began)from equatorial sun.

Darwin must be respected for what he observed, and for his time especially. If Charles Darwin has "no relevance", you certainly have none either. Please respect science for what it is.

No hard feelings bro, just can't let you hack up my man Darwin.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
just want to throw something out about theory when it comes to life

many of these arguments may not be mutually exclusive i.e., there may be some truth to them all

scientific models would have us believe the seeds of life came from space and that the universe itself is an expression of expansion of mass.

it does not looks outside the time of expansion or grapple where that mass came from, what caused it to condense and what caused it to expand

in some ways the condensed mass sounds almost like a seed that turns into something much greater

not to deviate though, there is some potential reality in a few of the arguments here regardless of how far fetched

I won't engage them nor do I care

Weed is bio compatible with our being and can help those who need it reach a fuller potential

that is the meat and potatoes for me, how it effects us, not where it came from and from who

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Weed has so many uses for man, it's no wonder that those of us that know about it might think it came from a source not of this world.

Food, tonic, medicine, fiber for clothes, rope, etc., as well as being a lubricant. What's that book, The Emperor Wears No Clothes? by Jack Herer. Everybody on ICMAG should read that book!
61FEC9TQTGL._SX360_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
the fact that the plant interacts and succeeds in so many environments means the dna thereof has been interacting with this planet for a very long time

DocTim420

It is hard to say what we don't know...when we don't know what we "don't know".

Take the notion that organisms/plants can be dormant as they travel in space (as in outer space), behaving as independent self sustaining units (no dependency of any kind)--but once they come in contact with another object they suddenly "come alive". Many things found on Earth--certainly did not originate on Earth, but came from the "heavens"...like that simple yellow metal called "gold".

Space Fungi Are Attacking The Space Stations

In 1988, Russian cosmonauts noticed that something from outer space was growing on the outside window of the Mir space station. It was alive, forming a thick living mat, and growing so quickly, that it soon became difficult to see outside. But even more frightening: It was eating its way through the window's titanium quartz surface and was trying to get inside. Later, Natalia Novikova, a Russian microbiologist, determined that this living, pulsating, mass of tissue was fungus; fungi from space.

Various types of fungi, and a host of other organisms, are perfectly adapted for surviving in the radiation intense environment of space, which is 500 times that of Earth. Most likely, these space-organisms journey through space, as spores. But once they come in contact with meteors, asteroids, space craft and space stations, they awaken from their long dormant slumber, and begin to eat and multiply. Fungi can devour metals, plastics, glass, and other living creatures, including humans; and space stations offer not just a tasty treat but an environment within which these space-foraging organisms thrive.

Spores are microscopic and so small they can dig their way inside by tunneling through microscopic holes; and coupled with the opening of ports to allow astronauts and supplies inside, it is via these routes that space fungi and space bacteria began to infiltrate the Mir space station, like an invading army. Thus, the Mir quickly became host to an incredible array of fungi and bacteria which were rapidly spreading throughout and eating the craft. Multi-colored fungal-bacterial mats were eating the control panels and digesting the communications unit, the ship's air conditioner, the rubber gaskets around windows, components of space suits, cable insulations and tubing, and getting into the food and water supply.

Dr. Novikova described these organisms as "dangerously aggressive." But even more disturbing: they were proving impossible to eradicate.

... Space fungi are adapted to living in the highly radioactive environment of space, and are aided by their ability to synthesize melanin which protects them from even deadly levels of radiation which they likely use as an energy source. As determined by Ekaterina Dadachova, and colleagues (2007) "Many fungi constitutively synthesize melanin which... confers a survival advantage... by protecting against UV and solar radiation. Melanized microorganisms... and... biological pigments play a major role in photosynthesis by converting the energy of light into chemical energy. Chlorophylls and carotenoids absorb light of certain wavelengths and help convert photonic energy into chemical energy during photosynthesis. Given that melanins can absorb visible and UV light of all wavelengths... exposure to ionizing radiation change the electronic properties of melanin and affect the growth of melanized microorganisms... and enhanced growth of melanized fungi under conditions of radiation flux." In other words, high levels of radiation are a food source which can be turned into energy.

More specifically, melanin-rich species of fungi thrive in space environments because ionizing radiation alters and enhances the oxidation-reduction potential of melanin which is then able to produce a continuous electric current--radiation provides energy to these organisms.

On the other hand, fungi can eat just about anything.

Space fungi and space bacteria, not only contaminate space craft and space stations, but asteroids, meteors, moons, and planets; including Earth. As there is no evidence life began on Earth, and considerable evidence that life on Earth came from space, then it can be concluded that spores from space commonly come into contact with Earth's upper atmosphere, and no doubt drift down until coming in contact with an edible surface, at which point they germinate and go forth and multiply, and in so doing, adapting to the relatively low levels of radiation on this planet.

For example, fungi, bacteria, and other organisms found inside the space stations include members of the genera Aspergillus, Penicillium, and Cladesporium which are all common on Earth. However, fungi and bacteria have been found growing in pools of radioactive waste when such material did not exist on this planet before 1944. Where did these creatures come from? They most likely fell from space.

.... The fact is, over 200 species of bacteria and fungi can survive long-term exposure to space--capabilities they, or rather, than ancestors could only have evolved while living in space.

As recently as the 1970s, NASA was denying that anything could live at the bottom of the ocean, only to be proved wrong. Life is resilient, and has been found living in every conceivable environment. Moreover, bacteria and other microoganisms have been discovered 25, 35, and even over 40 miles above our planet; some of which appears to be slowly drifting down from the thermosphere.

In January of 2015, Dr. Novikova reported "the effects of solar radiation combined with the spaceflight factors on biological objects... on the outer surface of ISS. After more than 1 year of outer space exposure, the spores of microorganisms and fungi, as well as two species of plant seeds were analysed for viability and the... experiment provided evidence that not only bacterial and fungal spores but also dormant forms of plants had the capability to survive a long-term exposure to outer space."

Just as the bottom of the sea is host to innumerable species, the sea of space is also alive with spores and other organisms. And the likelihood is that every planet and moon in this solar system--in this galaxy--has been contaminated with these organisms which--depending on the habitability of the planet--either die, or form spores, or go forth and multiply. And, on Earth-like worlds, these organisms from space, no doubt have evolved--and this means, life on Earth not only originated in space, but that on innumerable planets, two-legged big brain creatures, similar to you and I, gaze up into the darkness of night, pondering the question: are we alone?

And the answer is: Life is everywhere; on Earth, on Mars, and even in the highly radioactive wilds of deep space which may be host to innumerable species, including our own microbiological ancestors who journeyed here, from the stars.

Full article: http://cosmology.com/SpaceFungi.html

So...if "microherd" and dormant forms of plants can survive a space journey, one wonders exactly where did all the plants on Earth come from. To get "here"....they had to be "there" first, specifically cannabis. Where is "there"?

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
It is hard to say what we don't know...when we don't know what we "don't know".

Take the notion that organisms/plants can be dormant as they travel in space (as in outer space), behaving as independent self sustaining units (no dependency of any kind)--but once they come in contact with another object they suddenly "come alive". Many things found on Earth--certainly did not originate on Earth, but came from the "heavens"...like that simple yellow metal called "gold".

Space Fungi Are Attacking The Space Stations

In 1988, Russian cosmonauts noticed that something from outer space was growing on the outside window of the Mir space station. It was alive, forming a thick living mat, and growing so quickly, that it soon became difficult to see outside. But even more frightening: It was eating its way through the window's titanium quartz surface and was trying to get inside. Later, Natalia Novikova, a Russian microbiologist, determined that this living, pulsating, mass of tissue was fungus; fungi from space.

Various types of fungi, and a host of other organisms, are perfectly adapted for surviving in the radiation intense environment of space, which is 500 times that of Earth. Most likely, these space-organisms journey through space, as spores. But once they come in contact with meteors, asteroids, space craft and space stations, they awaken from their long dormant slumber, and begin to eat and multiply. Fungi can devour metals, plastics, glass, and other living creatures, including humans; and space stations offer not just a tasty treat but an environment within which these space-foraging organisms thrive.

Spores are microscopic and so small they can dig their way inside by tunneling through microscopic holes; and coupled with the opening of ports to allow astronauts and supplies inside, it is via these routes that space fungi and space bacteria began to infiltrate the Mir space station, like an invading army. Thus, the Mir quickly became host to an incredible array of fungi and bacteria which were rapidly spreading throughout and eating the craft. Multi-colored fungal-bacterial mats were eating the control panels and digesting the communications unit, the ship's air conditioner, the rubber gaskets around windows, components of space suits, cable insulations and tubing, and getting into the food and water supply.

Dr. Novikova described these organisms as "dangerously aggressive." But even more disturbing: they were proving impossible to eradicate.

... Space fungi are adapted to living in the highly radioactive environment of space, and are aided by their ability to synthesize melanin which protects them from even deadly levels of radiation which they likely use as an energy source. As determined by Ekaterina Dadachova, and colleagues (2007) "Many fungi constitutively synthesize melanin which... confers a survival advantage... by protecting against UV and solar radiation. Melanized microorganisms... and... biological pigments play a major role in photosynthesis by converting the energy of light into chemical energy. Chlorophylls and carotenoids absorb light of certain wavelengths and help convert photonic energy into chemical energy during photosynthesis. Given that melanins can absorb visible and UV light of all wavelengths... exposure to ionizing radiation change the electronic properties of melanin and affect the growth of melanized microorganisms... and enhanced growth of melanized fungi under conditions of radiation flux." In other words, high levels of radiation are a food source which can be turned into energy.

More specifically, melanin-rich species of fungi thrive in space environments because ionizing radiation alters and enhances the oxidation-reduction potential of melanin which is then able to produce a continuous electric current--radiation provides energy to these organisms.

On the other hand, fungi can eat just about anything.

Space fungi and space bacteria, not only contaminate space craft and space stations, but asteroids, meteors, moons, and planets; including Earth. As there is no evidence life began on Earth, and considerable evidence that life on Earth came from space, then it can be concluded that spores from space commonly come into contact with Earth's upper atmosphere, and no doubt drift down until coming in contact with an edible surface, at which point they germinate and go forth and multiply, and in so doing, adapting to the relatively low levels of radiation on this planet.

For example, fungi, bacteria, and other organisms found inside the space stations include members of the genera Aspergillus, Penicillium, and Cladesporium which are all common on Earth. However, fungi and bacteria have been found growing in pools of radioactive waste when such material did not exist on this planet before 1944. Where did these creatures come from? They most likely fell from space.

.... The fact is, over 200 species of bacteria and fungi can survive long-term exposure to space--capabilities they, or rather, than ancestors could only have evolved while living in space.

As recently as the 1970s, NASA was denying that anything could live at the bottom of the ocean, only to be proved wrong. Life is resilient, and has been found living in every conceivable environment. Moreover, bacteria and other microoganisms have been discovered 25, 35, and even over 40 miles above our planet; some of which appears to be slowly drifting down from the thermosphere.

In January of 2015, Dr. Novikova reported "the effects of solar radiation combined with the spaceflight factors on biological objects... on the outer surface of ISS. After more than 1 year of outer space exposure, the spores of microorganisms and fungi, as well as two species of plant seeds were analysed for viability and the... experiment provided evidence that not only bacterial and fungal spores but also dormant forms of plants had the capability to survive a long-term exposure to outer space."

Just as the bottom of the sea is host to innumerable species, the sea of space is also alive with spores and other organisms. And the likelihood is that every planet and moon in this solar system--in this galaxy--has been contaminated with these organisms which--depending on the habitability of the planet--either die, or form spores, or go forth and multiply. And, on Earth-like worlds, these organisms from space, no doubt have evolved--and this means, life on Earth not only originated in space, but that on innumerable planets, two-legged big brain creatures, similar to you and I, gaze up into the darkness of night, pondering the question: are we alone?

And the answer is: Life is everywhere; on Earth, on Mars, and even in the highly radioactive wilds of deep space which may be host to innumerable species, including our own microbiological ancestors who journeyed here, from the stars.

Full article: http://cosmology.com/SpaceFungi.html

So...if "microherd" and dormant forms of plants can survive a space journey, one wonders exactly where did all the plants on Earth come from. To get "here"....they had to be "there" first, specifically cannabis. Where is "there"?

But all the fungi and bacteria they find shares DNA with us and all earth life. We have not found "new" life even if it does exist out there.

Life on earth may have came from space to begin, but the science can clearly explain all earth organisms, including plants share a common ancestor.

I suggest reading a book on evolution if you don't believe me. I recommend Richard Dawkins book the Ancestor's Tale. An easy read, yet still very informative, it clearly explains the relationships of all life on earth.

If we find life based on a different system than ours(DNA) that would be front page news, you wouldn't need to post it here at ICmag.

Latest posts

Latest posts