What's new

Diagnose this? I'll make it worth your while.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Okay I will post the next round later this morning. I'm just waiting on my camera battery to charge so I can upload pics.

But I'll give y'all a clue: Set ground rules regarding your garden and NEVER compromise or slack on them...

T

Toes.

nice thread Stress_Test... what a wonderful idea, this way nobody gets bent out of shape when the ideas don't work. I've seen on other sites where a member will post in the infirmary a problematic plant and 10 different ideas get replied. then the poor thread starter tries each one to no avail... sometimes making things worse... where a simple fix can sometimes turn into a plant snuff thread.

Cold floors explains the lockout right, cause roots can't absorb the nutes at a temp below 55*F or so... but, did you figure out where that leaf twist was coming from? pH or re-veg or something. would the frozen root mass cause the pH to fluctuate that bad?

I know root damage can cause symptoms that resemble a nutrient burn... with the necrotic tips, chlorosis and leaf margin rolling... but, will the damaged roots cause that leaf twisting also?

Stress_test

Veteran
nice thread Stress_Test... what a wonderful idea, this way nobody gets bent out of shape when the ideas don't work. I've seen on other sites where a member will post in the infirmary a problematic plant and 10 different ideas get replied. then the poor thread starter tries each one to no avail... sometimes making things worse... where a simple fix can sometimes turn into a plant snuff thread.

Cold floors explains the lockout right, cause roots can't absorb the nutes at a temp below 55*F or so... but, did you figure out where that leaf twist was coming from? pH or re-veg or something. would the frozen root mass cause the pH to fluctuate that bad?

I know root damage can cause symptoms that resemble a nutrient burn... with the necrotic tips, chlorosis and leaf margin rolling... but, will the damaged roots cause that leaf twisting also?

Thanks for the props Toes.

To answer your question as best I can: Well I can't really LOL. I don't know how to check the Ph of ice hahaha...

Naw seriously, the Ph would have been screwed from the start in those tubs regardless of the freezing because they simply couldn't drain. Salts built up and every time they were watered after the fist freeze the ice just got thicker until they couldn't drain at all.

The yellow leaves and curling was also attributed to freezing, or nearly so, of the leaves.

My battery is charged and I've been up all night so I'm gonna go get a cup of coffee and see about uploading some pics so I can post this next debacle.

T

Toes.

ahhhh, the frozen salts... that'll do it every time.

nice one bruv... what's next?

Stress_test

Veteran
Okay here is the next problem plants.

A patient called me up looking for some clones for an outside grow. He had started some Orange Kush seeds that he's had for years. He said they all sprouted but he wanted some plants that he knew were female too.

So I traded him 4 of his for 4 of mine. His were all germinated outdoors and were nice and healthy looking, with full leaves and stout stocky stems. I wasn't impressed with the river sand he had planted them in though.

Only 1 of the pots they were in even had drain holes in it so they were all kinda water logged. Surprisingly though they were in pretty good health.

However aside from re-potting, there were a couple of issues to be dealt with.

Here are some pictures, this first one is out of focus and I apologize but I think it is clear enough to show a hint that I wanted to give.

picture.php

This one appeared to grow a tiny yellow penis out of the new growth at the cola.
picture.php

picture.php

So how would you suggest these plants be treated?

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
As nasty little boys who want to breed my little gurls?
I see you hav dipped or sprayed but I assume that is SOP. Is the river sand down stream from a nuke plant?
No clue. Which is the point of this thread.
Which rule was violated?

T

Toes.

looks like the pH is whacky... in 2nd and 3rd pics the new growth is doing the twist. the purple tinted tops is a new one for me... P def. or summat... if you had all the time in the world for these plants to recover from a hard, Bonsai style, root stripping re-pot.. do it. get rid of that river sand totally and into your own medium. The yellow penis... fungus or something, break out the liquid copper.

the first pic looks pretty healthy to me... the cotes are still green and all... the cotes are usually the first to tell on me when i've been a lazy gardener. the droops during the day... moisture stress... but you already said there was a drainage issue.

im glued to this one.

Stress_test

Veteran
Okay...

All these were kept apart from any other plants for 3 days.
They were all re-potted the evening they arrived. I'll post pics later.
I did spray with Safers and a couple days later with Neem oil.

In the first pic I hinted that it was out of focus, only part of the pic is out of focus so my hint is in that portion.

Also that penis is weird. The color really stands out.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
Does that third picture's big leaf have a mite crawling on it?
Now that there in proper soil wait and see how there adjust to there new home.
The purple penis might grow out of it if not top it or cull it.

T

Toes.

that green spot on the container in the first pic... is that an aphid?

Stress_test

Veteran
that green spot on the container in the first pic... is that an aphid?
I'd give ya the +Rep but it says I have to spread it around some more. I'll catch ya later though.

Sure enough was. Haha there is another one in the dirt the other side of the stem. Good eye.

Like I said, these were outdoor plants until I got em.

So how would you deal with these plants?

Take another look at that little yellow prick too.

picture.php

picture.php

T

Toes.

I'd give ya the +Rep but it says I have to spread it around some more. I'll catch ya later though.

Sure enough was. Haha there is another one in the dirt the other side of the stem. Good eye.

Like I said, these were outdoor plants until I got em.

So how would you deal with these plants?
hey stress test, the "good eye" is reps enough for me.

aphids are no joke. they vector aids. you could spray them off with the hose on blast. every watering... take them out and hose em down. don't be afraid to rip the shit out of your plant with the jet stream... she'll thank you for it... well, don't go ape shit on a seedling... but, a good spray down won't hurt an established plant.

if it gets worse... or you don't have the liberty to give your ladies a shower... go easy with it... azadirachtin or the clarified hydrophobic extract of neem , i think they makes my buds taste farnky, like roadkill x asshole. that shit gets in the buds if you use it too much. plus, the oils will burn your leaves under full light. rinse the leaves 45 minutes to an hour after application. canola oil is the worst for burning ganja leaves. all else fails employ some wasps. they like to hang around parsley flowers. i think jumping spiders eat those bigdicked fuckers too.

Stress_test

Veteran
You got the aphids alright but you do realize that the lil yellow penis lookin critter is another pest altogether right?

Can anybody identify the lil yellow penis critter?

T

Toes.

thip larvea resemble that ding dong shape... but that thing is huge and thrips are tiny.

I don't know, what does it's damage look like?

Stress_test

Veteran
It isn't that big... HAhahaha I bet somebody has heard that before?

Away it is a thrip larva. The only one I found on any of the plants and it was right there in the cola. I must have caught it perfectly cause there really wasn't any damage.

So we've decided that the plants had Thrips, Aphids, the pots need drainage, and the soil sucks. How should the plants be treated?

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Lots Of Love!! ThenTotal Quarentine. Dip, Spray, Flush, repeat as needed. New soil (as much as you can without damage), New pots, New location, New grower. At least knock this one in the mellon once. Last grower(s) should be kicked to the curb In My NOT Humble Opine. Stay frosty

Hey!~Which garden rule was vilolated in the production of this thread

Latest posts

Latest posts