What's new

detroit, cleveland and columbus warehouse party/rave scene from 1995 to 2000

EverLast

Great thread vertigo! Cant wait to see some of them flyers!
I remember the legendary Mayday parties, Love Parade, Thunderdome etc here in Europe in the 90s. There was no house only rave, techno, gabber and trance! Marusha, Westbam , Laurent Garnier, Sven Väth, John Beltran etc. all that great artists rocked our world back in the day.:woohoo:

W

Womble

kick stepping, popping yellow burgers and speckly burgers since '88 in the UK...proper warehouse scene, Sunrise, Beyond Therapy and back to Busby's charing cross for the mega mong out.....ahh memories

DJ Fly By on the one's and two's.......rinse out!

Last edited:

vertigo0007

I think its necessary to bring up the fact that we, detroit as a scene, expected alot out of a dj. For 1 thing, we expected vynil and we expected lots of it. if you didnt actually spin vynil in your set, if it was all boxes and buttons you had to be someone special. We expected you to work those machine to brink. We really expected the djs to put on a show. And i dont mean dancing around behind the tables in a stupid foam head or any other antics. We wanted the devil behind those decks. We wanted him to work wicked magic! Make the most bangin, evil sounds that would make you hallucinate demons and shit when we were dosed.

Ill put up some classic detroit tracks for the ic crew to revel. Keep slammin'. Techno, like punk, is not only a genre, but more importantly, a mindset.

W

Womble

vertigo it was and still is all about the music that touches down inside the vacinity

be interested to know what sweeties you lot were necking back in the day, give us some names or were you straight up paper bods, tripping the light fandango!!

vertigo0007

vertigo it was and still is all about the music that touches down inside the vacinity

be interested to know what sweeties you lot were necking back in the day, give us some names or were you straight up paper bods, tripping the light fandango!!

In those days it was a rainbow of silver crystal jellies. These days its all about the fluff from the phish kids. Theres been a recent revival of interstellar travels amongst the old schoolers. Been seeing and hearing about alot of people being spuuuuun at shows lately.

W

Womble

silver crystal jellies sound hectic bro! big up yourself for catching a vibe

EverLast

Marusha spreading the sound
[youtubeif]_ca4qTOs48c[/youtubeif]

Carl Cox rocking the turntables @ MayDay

[youtubeif]muMAs2lYMas[/youtubeif]

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
rave04.jpg

O

OrganicOzarks

1994, unnamed City, illegal warehouse party, I took what was suppose to be some x. I ended up blacking out on a bench, and when I came to I was in the hospital with a tube down my throat, and they were saying I was going to die.

Then I really woke up, and I was still at the party. I did not know where I lived, I could not talk, barely walk. Then the cops show up. Then someone recognized that I was a zombie, and said they would drive my car to my house. The problem was I didn't know where I lived. They knew the area where I lived so we ended up going in that general direction.

Somehow we made it. It took me literally 10 minutes to get my key in the door. I crashed, and woke up the next day. My eyes were dilated for 2 more days after that.

To this day I have no idea what I took, but it was no fun.

Plenty of other good times on X though.:)

vertigo0007

1994, unnamed City, illegal warehouse party, I took what was suppose to be some x. I ended up blacking out on a bench, and when I came to I was in the hospital with a tube down my throat, and they were saying I was going to die.

Then I really woke up, and I was still at the party. I did not know where I lived, I could not talk, barely walk. Then the cops show up. Then someone recognized that I was a zombie, and said they would drive my car to my house. The problem was I didn't know where I lived. They knew the area where I lived so we ended up going in that general direction.

Somehow we made it. It took me literally 10 minutes to get my key in the door. I crashed, and woke up the next day. My eyes were dilated for 2 more days after that.

To this day I have no idea what I took, but it was no fun.

Plenty of other good times on X though.:)

Sounds like an attempt at bath tub e that turned into another substance. Went to the hospital once from some nasty crystalline powder called foxxy. Yikes! Not good stuff. Had my heart stop a few times from ketamine (my favorite), but luckily my neighbor was an er nurse. Never had to go to the hospital or even tell anyone.

We used to go to a house (i think in farmington hills) that had a huge trampoline so we could bounce around all K'd out. Called it the k-poline.

vertigo0007

vertigo0007

Well shit everlast, it wont let it play thru this site. Guess sony thinks were hooligans....

Ill check it out on youtube. I will say that im expecting a dope set. Rush was a alot of fun. I saw him w either felix or hyperactive (cant remember, but ill ask the old crew) in i think pittsburgh or maybe philly. Yeah i think it was at the trocadero (sp?) in philly. May have even been the same night as paul johnson, glenn underground and boo williams tore it up. Anyway, great find my man

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
Ritchie Hawtin aka Plastikman

that rave photo brings back some memories...not really good ones though.
baby tshirts, soothers, candy jewelery

DemonTrich

Veteran
hole thread revival batman.

ill bite tho, sheding light to the OP's 2nd post. TRUTH!!
that Fvcking guy did this numerous times (20+) in the years we used to go and throw the raves in Detroit. this happened at the chop shop. I had to jump a curb with my car to get out of there.

the girl who was SO fvcked up at the "whore house", fell backward off the dj stage and split her head wide open, blood gushing everywhere. the promoters and 99% of the partiers left this girl to die. my friends and I called 911, waited until they showed up and had to deal with the cops. they did give us shit for being there illegally and being fvcked up, but they let us go as we stayed to help the girl from dying.

*the chop shop
*better days
*whore house
*Packard plant (watch out for holes in the floor and a 20' drop to your death)
*the theatre (careful upstairs, NO guard rail and someone saved my gf from walking over the edge, OR the FIRE that happened and the doors were chained LOCKED w/ no way out)
*mack and belview (was held up and shot up by gangsters, came in shooting up the roof and robbed about 100 people.
*the house
Motor (we used to rent out that venue as well)

I have over 500 LIVE dj mix recordings from hundreds of events (from carl cox to creamy delux (CDX)), ghetto tech (detroits very own techno style).

going thru 15 5' nitrous tanks a night, and seeing TONS of boobs for a balloon. not to mention some other bonuses we got on occasion.