What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Destroyer thread deleted? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cvh

Supermod
Premium subscribers can also access the archives. So you don't have to wait for the Veteran badge.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
not to mention @bigsur51 already has the veteran badge as well. thank you for you support!

no problems Amigo , it takes money to run things and with as many members that ICMAG has , well , money should not be a problem but hell if I know how much money comes into ICMAG and how much goes out

dumb question , is there any financial transparency here , like a P & L statement or something like that that is available to the members?

sort of like how a non profit organization does or a co-op , they make the financial records available to all members to see where their dollars are going….

i am up in my 70’s now and I would really like to “ retire “ here , post my Last Grow Thread here , distribute all my genetics to other cannabis lovers here , and then ride off into the sunset….

IMG_3524.jpeg
IMG_7629.jpeg
IMG_0668.jpeg
IMG_0628.jpeg

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I understand theres money that has to be made. But some of us stoners be broke

yep yep , I get it Brother , I honestly don’t know how some people are making it financially with rent and housing sky high!..

a one bdrm apt in Denver?…..fuggitaboutit!…$2-3000 a month!…and then some!…

it is obvious that the cost of living has went up but wages have not kept pace with inflation….

RobFromTX

yep yep , I get it Brother , I honestly don’t know how some people are making it financially with rent and housing sky high!..

a one bdrm apt in Denver?…..fuggitaboutit!…$2-3000 a month!…and then some!…

it is obvious that the cost of living has went up but wages have not kept pace with inflation….

Raising two kids drained us for sure. I quit coffee to have a savings 😁

BC LONE WOLF

I asked that question to all the utility companies and when I quit sending them money , they shut off all my utilities and evicted me from my home

i live under the bridge now

I know what you mean, and I get it. It takes money to make money.

What happens when power comes back to the people ? The utility companies are gonna come knocking door by door so we the people use their services again?

The revolution will not be televised.

One love.
Hope everything can be figured out.
I’m broke as fuck so no destroyer thread for me.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I know what you mean, and I get it. It takes money to make money.

What happens when power comes back to the people ? The utility companies are gonna come knocking door by door so we the people use their services again?

The revolution will not be televised.

One love.
Hope everything can be figured out.
I’m broke as fuck so no destroyer thread for me.

it appears there are and will be more questions than answers at this time..

in the meantime , it is a good thing that ICMAG is still available at all..

I have been a member at some other Forums when the owners decided to take their toys home and pulled the plug , that will take one’s breath away the first time they experience a Total Blackout

like Raccoon Ridge and the 77…….Skitty pulled the plug…poof….gone.

same with one of the biggest precious metals forums , owner got paper lid and poof , Gold Is Money is gone…..

much love Brother

Ca++

Why must we pay for something created by us, for us ?
Contribute for 10 years, and then you do get access, as if you built it. Newbies have no built the place though. So are expected to pay for certain access. They get the day to day forum, with massive picture uploads. What's reserved is really old stuff, and things like commercial pages, where the vendor stopped paying. Things that take up a lot of storage space, and so many forums would just delete it.

Placing our posts on the wall of a rented space, means we will loose them when the company move out. As a billboard owner, would you let someone pay for a day, then leave their poster up forever? No, you expect revenue from your billboard, and if you did that just once, then everybody would stop paying.
It's actually nice that these rented spaces are being kept open, by the people that pay there subs, or build the forum with their time and effort. I'm not sure why any of this should be free.

Many forums sell advertising space, based on traffic. Our problem is that other sites operate stronger policies towards backdoor trading. Tell people you are bean trading through PM on most sites, and you get a ban. Here, a mod may offer a youtube video, congratulating you.

It has been suggested that openly trading seeds and clones will increase seed sales for vendors. Bringing in more revenue
iu

BC LONE WOLF

Contribute for 10 years, and then you do get access, as if you built it. Newbies have no built the place though. So are expected to pay for certain access. They get the day to day forum, with massive picture uploads. What's reserved is really old stuff, and things like commercial pages, where the vendor stopped paying. Things that take up a lot of storage space, and so many forums would just delete it.

Placing our posts on the wall of a rented space, means we will loose them when the company move out. As a billboard owner, would you let someone pay for a day, then leave their poster up forever? No, you expect revenue from your billboard, and if you did that just once, then everybody would stop paying.
It's actually nice that these rented spaces are being kept open, by the people that pay there subs, or build the forum with their time and effort. I'm not sure why any of this should be free.

Many forums sell advertising space, based on traffic. Our problem is that other sites operate stronger policies towards backdoor trading. Tell people you are bean trading through PM on most sites, and you get a ban. Here, a mod may offer a youtube video, congratulating you.

It has been suggested that openly trading seeds and clones will increase seed sales for vendors. Bringing in more revenue
iu

You have a point mate, no one leaves the billboard with old merch, no one gets a free month of rent.

Ca++

You have a point mate, no one leaves the billboard with old merch, no one gets a free month of rent.
@Tranquilidade is certainly not the first person to suffer, due to an advertiser withdrawing their forum. For ultimately, it is the advertiser who pays for their own space, and then stops paying. Thus the space is gone.

Sometimes a good advertiser just goes missing. No payment, and no contact. The IC guys will do their best to make contact in these cases, and if the advertiser has good history, give free rent for a limitted time. Nobody is keen to loose good resources.

If people loose a thread in this manner, there is nothing to stop them opening another. With many of us able to see the archives, the answers are still available. This is a real bonus, for people willing to pick up the bill. Or the time served, amongst us.

Status
Not open for further replies.