What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Destroyer thread deleted? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
double standard? tell me some, all the vendors are archived that have stopped to be vendors anymore.. what is the double standard in this?

and the threads that was created by members, and they asked to move them out, all requests were fullfilled.

Last edited:

Tranquilidade

Why is the valuable documentation of one of the most notable Sativa strains being overlooked? The exclusion seems to be based on the fact that the subject was once a vendor but is no longer active in that role. Couldn't this issue be resolved by relocating the content outside of the vendor-specific area? For instance, I initiated a discussion on RSC Burmese; does this mean the thread can't exist if RSC is not a vendor? This rationale is confusing to me.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
there is a little bit of difference advertising <--> discussing, that thread was made by charlie garcia, i doubt he will come back and ask to move it anywhere

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Let's put it in a different way. Before, we usually hid vendors subforums if they didn't paid anymore. Now they will continue to be available, and we are working to make more of what's been hidden in the past available soon. Is it still a bad thing?

Tranquilidade

Let's put it in a different way. Before, we usually hid vendors subforums if they didn't paid anymore. Now they will continue to be available, and we are working to make more of what's been hidden in the past available soon. Is it still a bad thing?
Yes, it certainly is. Up until now, that thread was the best resource on this particular variety, unmatched not only within this forum but across the entire internet. Many people found this thread not only through Icmag searches but also via external search engines. Currently, all these links lead to dead ends, creating a poor user experience for those outside the IC domain. Additionally, by making more content accessible for everyone, you could benefit from displaying more ads. This approach, however, does not serve your interests, but I guess the politics are more important. Sorry, not convinced.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
at least 35-40 other vendors threads lead to error, and most of them were hidden, not even archived.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
what is the difference, if it was hidden totally or shared at the archives which is at the veteran/premium area?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Forum needs money to run in order to keep the rest of the links from becoming dead ends. We also giving them as benefits to our long time members and we make them available to premium users as well. There were just a few vendor subforums that were left visible, the rest were hidden. They will be all there in the archive soon. Better than never. And hopefully, IcMag lives!

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Forum needs money to run in order to keep the rest of the links from becoming dead ends. We also giving them as benefits to our long time members and we make them available to premium users as well. There were just a few vendor subforums that were left visible, the rest were hidden. They will be all there in the archive soon. Better than never. And hopefully, IcMag lives!
I signed up here in 2008 but had to delete my old account due to what I thought were security issues. Some of those old threads contain photos I no longer have and now can't access for another 8 years or so. I'm not a young guy. Why not make the archive available to us all? I can't see the harm in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.