What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Destroyer thread deleted? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

befa

You have money, you pay!
You don't have dough, you don't pay!
But one thing's for sure: access to information must be open to all, free, simple and unrestricted! Here and elsewhere
You sell seeds and culture-related material, and you pay for your advertising. So far, it's going in the right direction, as in any business.
But where it doesn't work anymore is if I'm a member, a new member, then I can't access all the topics if I don't take out a premium subscription, or if I'm a veteran.
And what is this veteran bullshit? Respect, wisdom?
Don't young people, or new subscribers, deserve knowledge?
For me, a guy in sandals or a guy in sandjak has the same right to information.
You should put the emphasis on those who have dough and can participate in this honorable project, more freedom and not division, I think that's understandable for everyone here.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
new members, and young ones have thousands of informative threads to read, and be part of it anywhere on the forum, all those that had ongoing thread at vendors forums and asked for it to be relocated, all was/will be done when asked.
read CA++s comments, and you will understand

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
It's clear that you base your decisions in superficial information.

My first profile here dates back to 2010.
Left in 2015.

There are two ways to do something like this in a community: engaging people or splitting them.
You chose to split.
Poor business decision.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
and you base your negativity on something fictional,

first of all, vendors are using their forum platform to promote, and advertise their goods,
members are making reviews, grow thread and other topics about the vendor.

if you were here for that long time, you should know, expired contracts ---> vendors subforum was put into hidden archive.

and some of them was left on the forum accidentally, by purpose.. who knows the real reason..

and now read carefully what i tell.. we make all the old archives readable to the old members,
do you get the difference?

it is available, and if you are interested there are now options at least to have some long lost information.
you can freely ask to make quotes for your pleasure, but you never would be if those were totally hidden.

BC LONE WOLF

Im still thinking about it, and how to help a community that need money to run a website, and possibly pay the mods for their hours invested. Can ICmag sell “collectible items” seeds? Maybe sell destroyer collectibles and with that the user gains access to the information??

One thing I have a hard time digesting is why a new member, an active member and a veteran are treated like a vendor?

The vendor should pay for his advertisement but once they leave you don’t make users pay for using their clothes or products?
That doesn’t happen in real life capitalism people use and consume brands on a daily basis, we wear them brands and make advertising by just walking around wearing Nikes and Levi’s we don’t pay them to use their gear??

This concept of paying for premium is being tried almoat everywhere and it’s becoming a ghost town once you realize the information behind close doors was a click bait. Lots of bot’s rule the premium area…
In 2024 information is free and premium information can be hacked and obtained free. The only users paying for premium are on twitter with their blue check mark.

I do acknowledge that 10 years of posting and reviewing and growing seeds and strains is a long way to go, I’m not sure I will be posting 10 years from now.

But if the forums, not just ICmag but every other forum or per to per based share or community growth groups are to start making their users and content creator PAY for access to some behind closed doors service it has to be a one time pay.

I only pay my Jordans once, and wear them for ever, give them away if I want, share them with my friend…

☮️

Status
Not open for further replies.