What's new

Destroy & Rebuild: The Final Chapter - Part 1 (The Planning Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Red Berry

If things go right, we will be allowed to flower 30 plants! Pretty crazy!

50% of an answer is still just 1/2 of an answer.

its like saying if you land the double back flip everything will be ok b4 you even ever try a double back flip for the first time .

Snype

Veteran
Been a long 2 weeks. No internet at the farm yet so hard to talk. Crazy expenses keep coming up. No heat at the farm. I got back The White and Pootie Tang. They came with many problems. Money is very tight. We only moved 3 oz of oil so far. Plants have been vegging and going to flower soon. Its going to be a tough few months. Making oil all next week. Oil is our only savior till harvest. After this harvest, we go to the top. Warehouses in 2015. 100 lights is the new goal. We going all Gavitas, no vertical. Stay tuned...

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
100 lights?!? Sounds like alot of work for two people. Going past two people seems to be where all your trouble has come from.. I hope your gonna break the pattern and not repeat it.

I have seen time and time again where smaller grows are more efficient than larger grows. You might be able to grow more and of better quality with 50 even 40 lights. Think about time. If you need to prune under each light for am hour that's 100 hours of pruning. With two people at 12 hours a day that's four solid days of pruning. Also with de bulbs and the larger footprint you could spend more than an hour a light easily. Sounds like it could be more torture than treasure.

Krs one has a bit about finding your formula of success and replicating it. You were killing it with your dwc set ups and much less lights. I bet you do better with 20 5light set ups. Start with one or two, then start replicating.

Nanolux is who your gonna want to get your de ballasts from in 2015, they are gonna have a cloud environmental controller that you can use from phone interwebs etc.

Good luck, wish you the best.

Snype

Veteran
I got some time to let you guys know what's going on. We finally have working bathrooms, kitchens and heat! The area seems pretty safe. We've been at the new farm for less than 3 weeks now and have been making some progress. Money has been really tight and we are always a couple days behind on getting the plants where they need to be because we have been short of funds. We have a 4,000 watt flowering room that should be in flowering any day now. That room contains 16 plants that are about 21" bushes. The plants have been through a little stress from multiple moves in the cold through different states but they should be fine. The ChemDD's are the biggest of all of the plants followed by Illuminati. Bubba Kush and Oregon ICE are much slower at vegging so we will have to put those plants in another room to grow them more before they go into flowering. Maybe those plants will take about another 10 days to go into flowering. We don't want to just throw them into flowering with the others because we really have to maximize this crop. Luckily we have plenty of empty rooms to work with.

We are going to stick to growing in soil for at least the first crop because we don't have the ceiling height as of now to run the RDWC crops. Also we need to run soil for a guaranteed crop. If we had a power outage with RDWC, we'd be fucked and we don't need that stress at this point.

The good thing is that we've been able to look at all the rooms in the house and figure out what we can do. Within the next 6 weeks, we should have 12,000 watts in flowering in 3-4 rooms to start before we start working on the bigger room with 16,000 watts. We didn't realize how much room is in this house. It's about 5,000 square feet. Originally we were going to do 16,000 watts for flowering total but now we are going to do 25,000 watts instead which should make things pretty interesting. It will consist of 16,000 watts for RDWC, 8,000 watts for soil, and 1,000 watts for the breeding tent.

The first couple of weeks were pretty stressful but things are starting to calm down and the path is much easier to see now that we've had some time at the new farm. The battery charger to my camera is missing or I'd have some pictures by now. Hopefully we will have some funds real soon to buy a new camera to show everyone what is going on.

I have 2 other partners for other warehouse projects in the works as well. In 2015 we will be focusing on setting up at least 1 warehouse but we are hoping 2 do 2 different warehouses with 2 different partners that aren't associated with each other. These projects could actually be legal as well but we are trying to figure that all out. More details later...

R

Red Berry

Multiple partners is not a sustainable approach . Especially if those partners have multiple partners . Just dilutes the work and the relationship to have more then 1 .

N

noyd666

lol fukn'hell and I worry about paying elec for a couple of lights, good luck mate.:tiphat:

Snype

Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50910&pictureid=1323639&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] lol fukn'hell and I worry about paying elec for a couple of lights, good luck mate.:tiphat:

Yeah this is new territory for us. We never had this many watts without a generator so we will see what happens. Right now we are allowed 12 flowering plants but real soon we might be allowed to have up to 30 at the farm. We are trying to use some of the grey area's in the law so if something goes wrong it shouldn't really be a big deal as long as we don't have over 99 plants. Not really sure how this is going to play out. Only time will tell us what is going to happen. We're not trying to let fear tell us how to play this game. It's time to go all out. The markets here have really changed so much that you need a lot of lights to make things happen or you might as well go out and get a job instead. Most of the people that I've talked to say that the electric company doesn't care how much electricity that you use but some people say that it depends what city you are in. I feel you though. I was always a little scared in the past running like 8 lights on the grid. Electric rates are on the rise in 2015 so we are considering getting another generator which will cost us about 50 cents a KW in Diesel Fuel. Right now we are paying around 20 cents when you include the distribution rates as well but that could double in 2015 which will make the generator idea more feasible.

Snype

Veteran
Multiple partners is not a sustainable approach . Especially if those partners have multiple partners . Just dilutes the work and the relationship to have more then 1 .[/q

There would only be one partner per project. I don't see any problems with having a partner as long as everyone is making enough paper to keep them happy. We are talking at least 30 KW flowering per location.

Most business's in life have partners. Some do very well and some fail. It's all part of life. Without a partner, I wouldn't be able to do it all by myself. Invested interests can make better workers. Workers who work solely on a paycheck won't do the work as well as someone who invested a good chunk into the project. Partnerships can add good value but I understand they can also be a pain in the ass as well.

Snauseberry

Good luck. I only know one person id consider partnering up with, but he works full time and has a wife with 3 kids. Looks like im solo dolo for quite some time.

Snype

Veteran
So far all the lights are on extensions cords but I'm installing the Lighting Controller tonight and staking half of the plants to spread them out. I'm going to spread out the plants so each one takes up 24" x 24" of space. Trying to get as many tops as possible and we are a few days behind.

R

Red Berry

yep cell approach was/is my old system i stole/learned it from jullian. does not work for growing .

There would only be one partner per project. I don't see any problems with having a partner as long as everyone is making enough paper to keep them happy. We are talking at least 30 KW flowering per location.

Most business's in life have partners. Some do very well and some fail. It's all part of life. Without a partner, I wouldn't be able to do it all by myself. Invested interests can make better workers. Workers who work solely on a paycheck won't do the work as well as someone who invested a good chunk into the project. Partnerships can add good value but I understand they can also be a pain in the ass as well.

Snype

Veteran
Light controller is hooked up and on! It's not pretty but it'll have to do for now. I couldn't get into the attic because there
is some big animal up there and I'm not trying to get attacked right now. We'll be working on making more oil through the night because we just got an order tonight for 3 more oz's that has to be ready by Saturday! Now we'll have some more money to invest into the grow! Can't wait to get a camera to show you guys what's going on! LOL!

Snype

Veteran
Just my :2cents:. Vert definitely has the potential to spank horizontal lighting, but like all methods of growing there is a learning curve. Considering you really need to pull this crop off to the best of your abilities, I wouldn't deviate from your normal method until failure is more of an option. That said, if going horizontal gavitas would be among my top choices for lighting :tiphat:.

Yeah I feel you completely! I guess I'm a horizontal type of guy. Vertical still doesn't make any sense to me yet. I'm actually best at growing hydro but seeing that I need a guaranteed crop, we chose to use soil even though I haven't lost an RDWC crop in years. But anything can go wrong, right? That's why soil is our only option until there's enough funds to take risks. I am missing my RDWC though.

Hey brother, glad to hear your getting back on track, all the best!

Thanks Joe! It was a rough few months but I'll be back on track soon! Hope all is good with you down under.

[/B]
100 lights?!? Sounds like alot of work for two people. Going past two people seems to be where all your trouble has come from.. I hope your gonna break the pattern and not repeat it.

I have seen time and time again where smaller grows are more efficient than larger grows. You might be able to grow more and of better quality with 50 even 40 lights. Think about time. If you need to prune under each light for am hour that's 100 hours of pruning. With two people at 12 hours a day that's four solid days of pruning. Also with de bulbs and the larger footprint you could spend more than an hour a light easily. Sounds like it could be more torture than treasure.

Krs one has a bit about finding your formula of success and replicating it. You were killing it with your dwc set ups and much less lights. I bet you do better with 20 5light set ups. Start with one or two, then start replicating.

Nanolux is who your gonna want to get your de ballasts from in 2015, they are gonna have a cloud environmental controller that you can use from phone interwebs etc.

Good luck, wish you the best.

You know me, the past will come back again as usual. I know I'm on the right path but there will always be outside factors that can fuck everything up. I know there's good people out there that I will eventually find. I can't let these past experiences fuck around with my vision of where I'm trying to go. I just pick myself back up and move on to what I know.

As far as 100 lights, of course it's going to be a lot of work. I still expect to find some good employees. Regardless of how much work that it is, this is what I do. When I'm at a grow, I'm all in. I rarely ever leave.

KRS used to call me Steelo back in the day when we did some shows with him. Funny you mention him. He's a really cool guy. I don't like the idea of 20 5 light set ups. I'm sure that I can have the same results with more light and the 10 bucket systems. The problem is that until federal law changes, I'll only be able to run up to 99 plants per location. So that means that my 10 bucket systems won't work and I have to change my style to suit the grows. I'll probably get less weight per light this way but I feel if I work hard enough and keep enough data, I'll be able to match the 10 bucket system with 1 plants per light. We will see though. What I've learned from observing older people is that you need to change with the times or you might get fucked. As times change, I'll also be doing lots of changes to compete in my marketplace.

Thanks for the information about Nanolux. I'll have to research that but it sounds really interesting. Thanks for your comments and stopping by. I hope your grows are great!

Snype

Veteran
It's amazing that we are in a better position by getting robbed. If the robbery didn't happen, we wouldn't have got this new house and there wasn't really room for expansion at the old farm. The outdoor thing was very interesting but at this point in my life I have to focus more on indoor. The climate here isn't great for outdoor considering people out here only get around a pound per plant. I just can't believe that this house can fit 50 lights easy and most of those lights can have 10 foot ceilings. It's crazy. The only thing that sucks is that we don't have all those acres that we had before. And the views are nothing like the other spot. The house is much bigger and nicer though.

I'm really excited at what's about to happen here. I have no idea how long it's going to last but I'm going to have fun while it does. This time I need to spend more time preparing for the future instead of going crazy. 3 months ago I had no idea what I was going to do. I though I ran out of lives. I was very depressed but eventually I knew I had to look around and make something happen. Some people say that things happen when they are supposed to and stuff like that but I really think that you have to make things happen yourself or life could pass you by. If I sat around waiting for something to happen, I'd be on the street by now. Damn I need a camera so bad. LOL!

Snype

Veteran
We've been making oil for days and i have to work out in the freezing cold late at night. I'm not sure what happened but I just ended up spilling about an ounce in the grass. There goes $900. Fuck. I might have to raise the price by $50 an ounce to try and recoup that. Last week the same thing happened and I lost about 14 grams on the porch. You can still see all the oil on the floor. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts