What's new

Designated Growers Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodah

Antagonism is one thing, but constant pessimism is another~ Dooms day preachers have no place in my, and I'm sure others space,and need to be called what they are~ Shit happens, it's called life, deal with it positively or not, but shitting out opinion on a subject that he obviously has zero experience with just floods the internet with more unneeded conjecture/bullshit~ Stay on the sidelines yo~

Cheers,
B~

Canada

Antagonism is one thing, but constant pessimism is another~ Dooms day preachers have no place in my, and I'm sure others space,and need to be called what they are~ Shit happens, it's called life, deal with it positively or not, but shitting out opinion on a subject that he obviously has zero experience with just floods the internet with more unneeded conjecture/bullshit~ Stay on the sidelines yo~

Cheers,
B~[/QUOTE
The buzz i ment was suppose to be a positive buzz. I agree with what your saying about certain people telling us to run and hide casue its all over .. I was more so trying to be proactive so things can be improved not destroyed ....

juggernaut

I'm printint off letters where my buyddies and family can fill in there name and sign it/ or not. Or they can read it and right there own.
my hope is they all give copies to as many people as possible.
Might not work but I'm trying and doing something.
Crossing my fingers.
also going to chip in to Jasons cause in BC.

PARADOX

Called health Canada today and had a good talk with someone there. Basically the greenhouse is considered indoors if the greenhouse is stationary and can not be moved. So no lil plastic tents or dinky plastic polly rig ups. Our 30 foot by 60 foot greenhouse will be stationary as it gets. Summer is going to be a blast!

That's been a matter of some confusion, there's been interpretation both ways in a couple of cases I know of. My understanding is that if the greenhouse is on a foundation or cement footings, it is considered indoor. If it's just a hoop house on dirt, it's outdoor. One grower I know of had to remove part of his greenhouse cover for it to satisfy the cop that it was outdoor, another had the opposite interpretation.

Given that there is discretion of the cops who end up investigating a complaint or stumble upon your show, I suggest you seek clarity from HC or a good lawyer on the matter before going balls out this year.

Good luck with it.
-Chimera

B

bench warmer

Designated Growers Corner

Thanks for the heads up GS.

Btw, K+ = good karma (I think)

Canada

:)

Seminar day heads up. Tonight at 7 pm pst. I really recommend this for anyone interested in their rights concerning cannabis in Canada. I re posted the link below. Peace GS

http://www.livestream.com/pottvnetwork

Thanks for the update .. I learn a lot about the new minimum mandatories for cannabis .It doesnt have to be as bad as they make it sounds there is a few of ways around the mandatories if you plan on growing after ppl and dg's go . . I got about 1 hr in to it then it started glitching hopefully they upload the video soon . I suggest you all take a look at this video its full of good legal info .

C

c-ray

Press Release: Terrified Canadians Plead for Support

Submitted by mcpacanada on Jan 27, 2013 - 11:16 AM

mcpac_tm_sm.gif

Canadians who need Cannabis for medicine are pleading with the public to inform themselves of the changes that Health Canada is proposing with the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations. While the Cost Benefit Analysis that was released highlights the financial benefit to the government, it entirely ignores the potential staggering cost to the public. The Medicinal Cannabis Patients' Alliance of Canada believes that Canadians deserve to know the whole truth.

WireService.ca Press Release - Ottawa, Jan 27, 2013 - On December 16, 2012 Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq announced publication of the proposed Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations. Canadians have until February 28th to respond to the proposal and let their voices be heard.

Members of the Medicinal Cannabis Patients' Alliance of Canada have found much of the contents of that publication to be misleading, at best, and would like to set the record straight. "We feel it is the right of all Canadians to know the facts about our medicine and what is happening in Canada today" says MCPAC Director Laurie MacEachern. "As the real cost of this "Program" and its reform starts to sink in, it is possible that Canadians who have been silent and watching from the sidelines will start to stand up and make a lot of noise."

In an effort to inform Canadians about the position of its Members, the Alliance has published Testimonials and results of a recent poll on their website. They encourage all Canadians to visit mcpacanada.org to see what they call "Proof in Practice", "The Truth" and "The Number$". Representatives will also be holding a press conference in the Charles Lynch Room of the Peace Tower on January 28 at 9:00 a.m. to voice their response the proposed Regulations.

Politicians from every party except the Conservatives have been flooding the media recently with video and sound bytes about "Legalization", while those critically and chronically ill Canadians who should have had legal access for over a decade get nothing but a post-dated invoice for billions of dollars that they cannot ever hope to pay. To describe their response to this threat to their lives as "terror" is an understatement.

Ms. MacEachern stated "I don't care what anyone's personal opinion about "smoking pot" is. That is their prerogative. This is not a matter of opinion. There should not be one person who does not believe that we have a right to life, safety and security, as they do. For us, life requires cannabis. If there is not access, we are neither safe nor secure."

Canadians who need Cannabis as medicine have, for over two years, been waging a campaign for compassion. They have repeatedly sent heartfelt pleas to the Prime Minister, Health Minister, Program Administrators, MPs, Senators, MPPs, and anyone else who should have an interest in protecting their Charter Rights. In return they received form letters full of rhetoric and information about a Program that they know better than those who run it. They have fallen through every crack and crevice it has to offer. They are repeatedly pushed aside, buried in it, and are constantly trying to find a way around being criminalized by a system that embodies the term "bureaucratic disentitlement".

Despite numerous and repeated Supreme Court decisions across the country in favour of "reasonable access" since the late 1990's, there has been nothing that in any way can be called "reasonable" in that time. Now the plan is to abandon a system that has failed at the fault of those responsible for administering it, and Canadians in need are still left out in the cold with no medicine, no answers, no support, and soon, less access than ever.

All Canadians are encouraged to send your feedback about the proposed Regulations before February 28, 2013 to:

Medical Marihuana Regulatory Reform
Controlled Substances and Tobacco Directorate
Healthy Environments and Consumer Safety Branch
Health Canada
Address locator AL3503D
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0K9
Fax: 613-941-7240
Email:[email protected]

For more information about the Medicinal Cannabis Patients' Alliance of Canada Inc. go to our website: http://mcpacanada.org

E-mail us at: [email protected] or [email protected]

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MCPACanada

Green Supreme

Veteran
I stand corrected. Some things have changed for the Commissionaire's office. The fellow told me that on August 8, 2012 the cops stopped approving record checks with finger prints. I prefer not to have my prints on file, so I went to the VPD and had them do a regular record check. Costs $35 more and takes a week longer, but no prints is no prints. Peace GS

Canada

What is the deal if your a designated grower and 2 months after you get your mmar licence you have to move to a new address. do you need to be approved by heath Canada or can you just move and let them know .. What is the procedure?

Also if you are a patient and your designated growing cant handle it for you any longer can you take over and produce your own ?

growshopfrank

Veteran
What is the deal if your a designated grower and 2 months after you get your mmar licence you have to move to a new address. do you need to be approved by heath Canada or can you just move and let them know .. What is the procedure?

Also if you are a patient and your designated growing cant handle it for you any longer can you take over and produce your own ?

HC wants you to get approval before any move but most folks set up just after sending in the new address if you do this make sure the paperwork is filled out correctly and only send any correspondence with HC signature required

dropping your DG is as simple as sending in the proper forms from the HC website with the revised person and address

Status
Not open for further replies.