What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Desert Southwest Growers Union

G

I hear tester got himself a bear licence.....
and a BFG

rut row,,,,,,,

Who me?
Instigate????

G

solar you wouldent imply that he would shoot a old grizz would you? hell im so old my hide wouldent even make a decent rug. just kidding peace and love to all my fellow growers.

E

EatShitake

Tester, That's a great looking shrubbery you have there!

Sam :wave: Welcome aboard, bud. Stick with the good folks here at IC Mag, and you'll be growing top-notch stash before you know it! We are a wealth of information and support around these parts of the net.

And good to see the rest of you dropping by from time to time! I know we lowlanders are taking advantage of the great weather, so not a lot of time to be posting, but winter will be upon us in force soon, so we'll be hunkered down in front of the keyboard fo sho!

Everybody have a great evening! :joint: :joint: :joint:

Laura Kush

Hello. Im new to the forum. Im in the "Land of Enchantment" if you guys know what I mean.

Im working on a three way cross of Hindu Kush(Kiwi Seeds), Hindu Kush(Sensi Seeds) and Master Kush(Dutch Passion). Then I intend to stabilize it as much as I can.
I will take the resulting three way kush hybrid and cross it with Sam the Skunk man's Skunk X Durban poison. If the taste needs improving I may bring in some Sweet Tooth.

If I feel that the genetics are worthy I may put them up for bid on seed bay.

G

NM's been checking in, cool - Laura - How's it going?
How are those Kush crosses looking? Can you post up some pic's? I would love to see them.

Its good to see you all checking in!!!

grizz - you might have found a couple fat buds on the left side, but you missed the mother load straight ahead. For you, thats OK though. I wonder what those new mounds were though??? lol

Busy day and I am wore out. Final transplanting and light switch over today, so let the show begin. One thing about mixing soil, some good music sure helps distract the brain from the mind numbing chore.

Thanks EatShitake, I cant wait to see your winter garden, along with everyone elses. Its time for us desert growers to show what we can do out here.

Tester

G

Ya go choppin somebody's garden - there's a damn good chance of encountering harm.

No threats - just fact.

Soooo - uhhhh griz,, did ya get it all dried?

Last edited:
G

SolarT
Some of my outdoor gardens are sooooo remote, I dont think another human has been there for over 100 years. Just coyotes, rabbits, snakes and lizards.

I camped out one night on the rocks, and woke up to find a snake hanging out next to me trying to get warm. Strange looking red and brown snake. I pack in a tent now!!!! Another night I got stoned and decided to take a walk and check out the stars and planets. Nothing like hearing a rattler when its pitch black and you dont know where it's coming from. All I have to say is God is with me.

All is well outdoors and finished.

G

Snakes are always where you don't want them. - rattlers around a grow are your friends though - Tender cannabis is a favorite of field mice and the like - which are a favorite of the snakes.

Up here, first frost is early Oct - unless you have a crop out, then we get early storms.

You think I'm joking huh?

That's ok, I may invest in a early harvest line and try again - I didn't know back then what I know now.

Last edited:
G

Yeah those field mice are a trip. They will try to get into your tent all night. Team those mice up with all the other varments running around, then throw in some wind howling, we are talking Blair Witch Project here.

I found along time ago if I pack some 1/2" wire mesh into the site, I can protect the young plants from the critter's. I find some nice south facing rocks with some bushes and tree's, set up the wire mesh over the plants and down into the ground, and all is well. During monsoon season, I will use thin camoflauge cloth partially over the mesh to protect from the pounding rain.

I still get nightmares of barren desert, snakes, and water flooding.

ecoterror

Hey guys. wish i would have found all of you sooner, Land of enchantment also. south of burke and north of torc . you guys from silver, love it there, the highway to hilsborough is butiful, but south to demming, well thats desert. Growing indors in the winter is perfect but summers, HOT!! lights at night only. great place to live though, anyone spend much time at the butt?

Last edited:

Fast_Pine

Fast Pine, reporting for the land of enchantment!

Fast Pine, reporting for the land of enchantment!

This was a great thread idea!..Love living in the desert southwest..

I just got done with a cool guerilla grow yall should check out..High Altitude in the pinon, juniper, oak and pine trees..

Heres a fiew shots, to entice yall to read the story...

The link to the thread is below, in my signature. High Alpine Guerilla Growing in tha Desert Southwest.

E

EatShitake

Fast Pine :wave:

Man, I'm half way through your thread, and all I've gotta say is you've got stones, my man! Outstanding, and welcome aboard!

:joint::joint::joint:

G

Wow Fast Pine, thanks for stopping in and sharing. I also have started reading your thread, and its truly inspiring. Makes me want to take it up a notch next year outdoors.
Lots of good spots up in the cali (high) desert I have been using, but it is back braking to get into some of those sites with the necessary equipment. Completly no sign of human activity for over 10 years at most of my sites. I have been parenoid to pack in a camera for fear of walking out with evidence though. Maybe this year I will document some sites after seeing your work.

Gottagrow

Greeting Desert dwellers

Nevada here glad to see others in the desert

Trying a micro for pain management was on OG til it died. Working on hydro can't stand soil any longer.

G

UnerSame said:
what seedbank does heinz 57 come from?

heinz 57 - in canine terms is what we called a true mutt; and - not that it's possible to have a strain I have never heard of,,,, but if I were a gambling man - I might think that H-57 is a local or private project

Ever ask yourself,, "Was H 1 thru 56, really all THAT bad?
AND why did they stop at 57?

E

EatShitake

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

For those of us that like to do our best work indoors, remember that the deep fried turkey is best done outdoors!!!

:joint::joint::joint:

G

SolarT said:
Ya go choppin somebody's garden - there's a damn good chance of encountering harm.

No threats - just fact.

Soooo - uhhhh griz,, did ya get it all dried?
come on solar i was just jessting with tester, would never take another mans grow, lighten up and smoke one.

Latest posts

Latest posts