What's new

Desert Southwest Growers Union

E

EatShitake

SilentSlide- Welcome aboard! Glad you made your first post in our humble abode :D Good luck on the DWC...it's a kick-ass system! Got a few runs with one a-la-blaze1up style. Never tried the white rhino, but I've got a sneaky feeling it's on the horizon in my neck of the woods :jump:

sci- Howzit maing? The drip is still in the R & D phase so I can't recommend it yet, but it worked as a short-term solution. It's really simple and all the parts are at Lowes/Depot/local nursery. Here's the skinny:

-Pond pump that has a threaded outlet so you can use standard PVC sprinkler fittings.
-Sprinkler riser.... 1/2 inch...attached to pump outlet
-8 outlet manifold...basically this is where you have leeway based on individual setup. Since I had a good 8 or 9 plants in various stages, I got the 8-outlet. It's round, it screws onto a standard 1/2 inch sprinkler pipe. It has 8 1/4 inch outlets on it that you can control the flowrate on each with a little screw. All this is PVC.
-Then run 1/4 inch drip tube to each pot.
-1/4 inch soaker tube...it's made out of recycled tires or something, but it just lets tiny droplets pass out of it. I'm guessing this is a weak point if using salt-based nutes, as the nutes would eventually clog the soaker hose. This is where the testing is gonna have to happen and maybe find an alternative like real drippers or sprayers.
-Make a loop with the soaker hose. Connect the ends to a 1/4 inch Tee fitting and the Tee to your 1/4 inch drip line.
-Set a timer to cycle the pump at whatever interval is appropriate. For me, I used a 5 gallon bucket of RO water. I set the pump to come on for 20 minutes and this was enough to soak all the pots without running the pump dry, and I only needed it once because I soaked the plants before I left. If I was gone one day longer, I definitely woulda needed to water again, so I would have needed a bigger res, and prolly would need to consider nutes.​

This was good emergency equipment, but I'm waaaay more comfortable walking into my room every night and seeing what the hell is what!

HairlessCaveApe

Damn Brethren! I just gotta go out and look at the sky. We got some fires down south and its makin some crazy sunrizes sometimes. Sunsets too. I just wish everything didnt have to catch on fire to do this sky thing. I hope everybody down south is doin allrite. My thoughts and prayers are with everybody dealin with this fire. Blessins on Everybody, -and stay safe.

SilentSlide

thanks guys well its finally cooling down no more running the ac box 24-7 lol

i saw you guys met up a while back we might have to do that again sounds like a good time.

Grizz

Veteran
HairlessCaveApe said:
Damn Brethren! I just gotta go out and look at the sky. We got some fires down south and its makin some crazy sunrizes sometimes. Sunsets too. I just wish everything didnt have to catch on fire to do this sky thing. I hope everybody down south is doin allrite. My thoughts and prayers are with everybody dealin with this fire. Blessins on Everybody, -and stay safe.
well said brother, prayer does work..

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
10245IMG_0004.JPG

wuz up rubber ducks

lol above pic is of my Angels Breath main tip of the top @60 days 12/12 she'll run 65-70

Grizz

Veteran
been waiting on you fast pine,looks like you did real good out there in Gods country. what kind of total yield did you get this year?

E

EatShitake

Major! That Angel's Breath looks inviiiiting! Nicely nicely!

Fast Pine- Congrats on a successful outdoor season! Been thinking about getting some NM real estate for some time now. Your pics are another entry in the "pro" column for me...now I just need the damned cash LOL!

Grizz

Veteran
EatShitake said:
Major! That Angel's Breath looks inviiiiting! Nicely nicely!

Fast Pine- Congrats on a successful outdoor season! Been thinking about getting some NM real estate for some time now. Your pics are another entry in the "pro" column for me...now I just need the damned cash LOL!
already got the land and house and big barn. all I need is CASH and get these kids out of colleage, god I hope I live that long . Hey ES my sis is in the reality buiss if your really interested

E

EatShitake

joesy whales said:
already got the land and house and big barn. all I need is CASH and get these kids out of colleage, god I hope I live that long . Hey ES my sis is in the reality buiss if your really interested

joes, maybe if you quit trying to buy seedbay's entire stock... :laughing:

I'll keep that in mind...still probably a good year or two in the future, but just recently started getting serious about pursuing what was just a dream to have my own retreat. And at this point, it's only about acquiring the land and then I'll worry about my shack :D

:joint:

Grizz

Veteran
Damn ES I thought thats why they put all them seeds there was for me and zoo to buy, sorry , did I get them all?

del...

hi guys...been down with a sick puter for the past few weeks...it'll be fixed in a couple days.

in the meantime...i'm in vegas for the weekend and hoping to hook up with my buds! pm me for my cell number...

HairlessCaveApe

Hey Howdy Folks! How is everybody? Anybody elce gettin this rain? We gettin it. I just finaly got me a comfortable feelin a bit. By the grace of God we'r startin to get a bit of a foothold here. I shure did have to get on the roof yesterday and nail down some feltpaper and put some rocks down. It aint leakin too bad now. I got me a new tarp cealin that needs minimal water dumpin and all things considered I cant ask for much more than that. Not too bad, its just the livinroom. I dunno. The rain sounds prety cool up there. I got me a li'l tarp roof up over my generator too. Shure hope I aint gotta use it but if I do, at least I mite be dry. Well hell Bruddas, Just wanted to check in. This rains prety interesting! Hope everybodys well and stayin dry as they like! Blessins on Yas Desert Bruddas!

Bruja64

Howdy Everybody~
Well, I got some pretty girls going and as soon as they put some BIG flowers in their hair I will post pics(in several weeks).

My LS is growing like crazy, first time around with this strain. Her leaves are quite lovely. The SB is growing OK(also a first with this strain), but being very high maitenance. And then the GodBud is my easy keeper.

My big issue this time is the GD gnats! I know they came in on the bat guano train. Nasty hitchhikers. Had to get some "dunkers" at the HomeDepot to try and get rid of as many as possible.

These plants DO love the guano, but jeez it stinks!! They seem to enjoy the soluable bonemeal for their roots. When I repotted(to 10 gallon) the roots were huge.

Hope you all are well....Shittake...Josey Whales...MajPothead...Chilie Dude(whose name I cannot remember at this moment---sorry). I love to read everyone's post on this forum.

!!!VIVA DESERT POT GROWERS!!!
love, peace, & as Always: Good Medicine
Bruja :joint: