What's new

Desert Southwest Growers Union

Grizz

Veteran
ya its hot but my swap cooler is keeping it at 80 degree and 60 percent hum. starting flower now, g13 x skunk, tres dawg x green crack, og x dpd, gangi kush, kksk, sunshine #2 , ultra sonja, sour bubble bx1 11 x , ecsd x gangi kush, and thats all folks, humidity will drop soon as well as temps, first grow in a while so Im like a nervous mom with my baby's. also have bubba x deep chunk in veg waiting for a spot to open in flower room, keep cool desert rats.

del...

hey there fellow desert rats...copper country checking in! we're about 100-some miles east of phoenix in the hills of eastern az but also call southern nevada home. normally i spend the summer/fall in nevada where i'm legal to grow 7 plants but got stuck down here this year and doing the seven in the backyard here. so will be here until next spring cuz i can't handle cold temps the high desert offers up during the winter and got a nice 16' long hedge of soma x chronic going under my rear window that won't be ready until halloween-ish...so might as well hole up here!

and the tubing here is great...we do the gila and the runs can be anywhere from a couple hours to several days. i'm looking for some help with scouting some locations along the banks for a wild grow next spring...but also just for people to tube the gila with me as it's kinda dangerous doing it alone. the water temp's pefect for these hot sultry august days and plenty of excellent camping spots nearby too...and i live half a mile from the river! i have the portable hammocks (3), a couple cots and the charcoal...a large tent and gazebo-thing too but under the stars is perfect for me as long as it doesn't rain...hah! and also a nice variety of pretty flowers...
it's not too early to plan for next year and this time the area is close enough that it won't be so hard to tend unlike previous attempts i've tried on the virgin river in nevada...and just got 3 packs of seeds from gypsy that will be supplying my part of the clones. so waddaya say...?

Grizz

Veteran
To old for all that exercise Del. But I have about a zillion thunk seeds I will donate to the cause if ya want them. You must be up around miami or globe, been there many times, still have a place over in silver city nm. cant wait to retire and do my old timers grow over there.

del...

thanks for the offer but this is for pre-sexed clones only. these will be planted in the wooded areas lining the banks of the gila so they can't be seen by the floaters but still close enough to be where the water table is within a foot or two. i want to be able to plant em and maybe visit once or twice during the grow to check on them and maybe add ferts but that's all. a friend and i tried it once before on the virgin river but all but one were stolen shortly after getting planted but i was alone on that one and thought the river in that area wasn't used because of all the reeds...but tubers found em and moved em somewhere else. i read later that year in the overton newspaper about several kids getting caught coming from the river with fresh picked plants but who knows if it was them, but if so...karma.

and the whole point of tubing is NOT to exercise...lol! i'm no spring chicken myself (mid-50's) and walk with the aid of a cane most of the time so hard-core anything is pretty much out for me. but it takes little effort to toss a tube into the river then jump on...that's pretty much it! oh yeah...and gotta tie on an extra tube for the cooler for our beverages and whatnots that we don't want getting wet...

E

EatShitake

I love flash floods!!!:D

Hope y'all manage through the rest of the monsoons. I can do without the humidity.

Time to start planning the cool-weather crops now. Started some new seeds, so by the time everything's sexed and vegged, it'll be a nice cool run. I'm gonna have to wrangle some of joesy's gear, though.:biglaugh: BigPIMP strains!

Toobin' sounds good del. That's my speed nowadays!

Take 'er easy!

:joint:

scifreak69

i need some seeds... i have shitty bag seed clones that i started from seed last year but it gets me buy and helps me learn how to clone hopefully at the end of sept someone will set me up fat so i can blow it up over the winter

bigd21

EatShitake said:
I love flash floods!!!:D

Hope y'all manage through the rest of the monsoons. I can do without the humidity.

Time to start planning the cool-weather crops now. Started some new seeds, so by the time everything's sexed and vegged, it'll be a nice cool run. I'm gonna have to wrangle some of joesy's gear, though.:biglaugh: BigPIMP strains!

Toobin' sounds good del. That's my speed nowadays!

Take 'er easy!

:joint:
thats the funny thing about it here on one side of town flash floods on the other not a drop of rain lol go figure

Grizz

Veteran
aint that a fact big d , still a humid s.o.b. though. cant wait for oct to roll in.

R

rule35sub1

Hey all, I am getting sick of the heat, looking to CO western slope maybe.
Anyone know some good areas to live there?

Grizz

Veteran
man try nothern new mexico. there is some remote growers paridise land there. if you stuck on co, the southend is good. Durango , cortez , grand junction and a 100 little towns in betweens.

HairlessCaveApe

Damn! Is it 110f everywhere out here? Whens the season tone down a bit? Im gonna have to go on down by the highway and ask some lokals. The web says 101 for tomorow, fallowed by 98f sunday. I hope it lets up a bit! My flower room temps went crazy. I wanted to get a bigger ac but we could only get the 5200k one. My flower room temps went up to 104f today for bout 2 hours I guess. Well if I gotta, Il hose the roof down tomorow! Blessins on alla Yas desert Folk!

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
HairlessCaveApe said:
Damn! Is it 110f everywhere out here? Whens the season tone down a bit? Im gonna have to go on down by the highway and ask some lokals. The web says 101 for tomorow, fallowed by 98f sunday. I hope it lets up a bit! My flower room temps went crazy. I wanted to get a bigger ac but we could only get the 5200k one. My flower room temps went up to 104f today for bout 2 hours I guess. Well if I gotta, Il hose the roof down tomorow! Blessins on alla Yas desert Folk!

dang bro srry to hear about them 104 temps i learned to run flower erea at night only esp in summer 5:45pm-5:45am all year.
my veg runs 6am-12 midnight this year our weather has been nice here lol no real how many days above 115. heck bearly broke 110 here tis a cold spell for us lmao

Grizz

Veteran
HairlessCaveApe said:
Don't know your room desighn but if possible try a bon air swamp cooler. Im running two 1000w and a 600 w in a 8ft x 6ft x 8 ft high room and top temps hit 84 degrees when it was 112 outside and thats running my lights during the day time.

Fast_Pine

joesy whales said:
man try nothern new mexico. there is some remote growers paridise land there. .
....if you have a well, a deep well.:biglaugh:...JK..Love the desert,,Just wish it was a little easier to get water to the plants , ya know....Intense sun all day long is the BEST..They just bathe in it..

This ones for you Josey...

HairlessCaveApe

wWWHHEeee Doggy. An I thought it couldnt get any worst. Well its gonna be another hot one today! Fukk! I got up this mornin a bit late(6:00am)and waddafukk! My flower room circut wich is on a gfi circut shot down. I think it happened rite round 5am. Thats when my lights come on. My lights are on a LT4 so they came on and the pumps and chiller went down! FUKK! I think I cought it just in time tho caus all the leavs that showed the situation, went back to normal within an hour from when I turned the breaker back on. Im not shure what did it. It mighta been somekinda strain on my pump. When I got everything runnin again the system pump (EcoPluss240) made a chunkin sound everytime it started but it got better and better and within 20 minits it didnt do it anymore. Mabey Il blow the whole system out. --Anyhow. Far as the heats concerned I switched my cooltube intake from outside of the room to inside of the room. I also freed up a vent in the floor to provide static intake. It works ok. Its sukkin air from all threwout the house at floor levil. I hope this dose it. It should sukk the hot air offa the top of the flower room and draw cooler air from the floor vents of the rest of the house. Il be hosin down the roof in a minit! Whats really fukkin me up is my ac's too small but I got the biggest one I could. I got 4 x 600 watt cooltubes with a 740cfm inline and its just not doin it. I only got 3 lights pluged in too. Damn! Well I just hope the temps drop. Thank God the Flowers are doin as good as they are! I got the ac vented threw 6" flexduct rite attem! Pluss I keep my roots cool. Even with these crazy temps, I can still keep my roots chilled enoughf to be an effective aero tekneek. Im fightin but Im keepin my root zones down to at least 71f. Well, only time will tell whaykinda dammage happened this mornin. I just put 4 lavs in wednesday too. They were just startin to get them fuzzy aero roots. Well we'l see if we gettem or not now! Blessins on Yas all and I hope Yas all can deal with the heat ok! Stay COOL Desert Bruddas!