What's new

Desert Southwest Growers Union

E

EatShitake

Hey CDM- Yeah, I get whiteflies all the time. Makes it hard to run perpetual. Every now and then I just clean out the bloom room after the last girls finnish and wash everything down with bleach spray. When the next lot goes in I bomb with pyrethrins before the girls start to flower. I'm getting to that point again, but I'd love to ditch the bombs. Neem works in veg, but once they bloom, I don't spray. You say ozone works? I've got a generator. What's your trick?

CDM

Well, I have a unit good for 3000 to 5000 sq feet, (tiger) but my cab is only 4 x 3 and 6 foot tall which is 50 sq feet? or so with another clone cab... so I dont use it much since I also have a carbon filter, but if the white flies get bad, then I run it for a day or so.

its pretty strong at those levels, so I would not work around it when its running, and always flush with good air before working also..

but it works really well. I added a switch to the fan in the unit so I can turn it down or off while leaving the system on, which reduces the flow for good odor control if nessasary. but when on high, it kills bacteria, molds and bugs really well, and does not harm the plants, at least so far for me.

Last edited:

CDM

no prob.. whiteflies are a bitch to get rid off, but this is an easy way to treat them for me.

E

EatShitake

I'm shamelessly soliciting a voucher...

Vegas Nugs-n-Jugs.

Crossing my fingaz!:D

Grizz

Veteran
Hey E S I talked to outkastt , if no one vouches for us she will take care of it when she arrives here in sin city. Hope to meet alot of new people and have a great time, AZ grow and smoke especialy want to meet you since I grew up in AZ and grew there for alot of years.

E

EatShitake

Yeah, I feel ya brother joes...still tryin my best, tho:D

So who else is up and might be enjoying the monsoons and light show? I'm diggin' it along with some of that bubble I made last week! :headbange

peas y'all!

scrappy

On the road to clone only...
Veteran
What's up ES...love the diy bubble bukets....and the bubble...good luck with that nugs and jugs...I'd love to go to that too...would be killer...

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
whats up desert dwellers juts dodgen snakes n all lmao

10 plants in flower pic was 25 days 12/12 the 2 biguns in center are sugar shack. nugs n jugs hopefully i'll be there also n abel to meet some of my fellow brothers n sister growers

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

its soon enough..i personally dont like talkin specifics openly....i can lead you to awnsers via pm...but i will tell you that no matter when or where it is....it will be whats up...the last one was so fuckin cool....think of about 80 people from all walks co-exsisting in harmony over a plant....peace az

E

EatShitake

scrappy-thanks man. I'm going back to the drawing board to figure a way to attach the screen to the bucket lid so I can have individually-sized lid/screen combos. The trick is getting the "dip" or pocket in the screen without getting creases. That just makes it easier, as particulate will get stuck in any creases.

Major-Watch out dem snakes!:biglaugh: SS is looking nice!

Yeah. I'm hoping to be able to make n&j too. Depending on the dates I actually might be outta town for the j-o-b though. I'm hoping for good timing tho, cuz it would be great to meet other birds of a feather.

:joint:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Looking good Maj P. Sugar Shack eh? Never heard of it but they look very nice. Looking forward to the N&J's myself.

scrappy

On the road to clone only...
Veteran
EatShitake said:
scrappy-thanks man. I'm going back to the drawing board to figure a way to attach the screen to the bucket lid so I can have individually-sized lid/screen combos. The trick is getting the "dip" or pocket in the screen without getting creases. That just makes it easier, as particulate will get stuck in any creases.

Maybe try a craft store....those older brawds have those wooden cirle thingys that tighten down...they put patterns in them and sow...you dig what I'm saying??.....that's what came to mind......good luck bro

E

EatShitake

I feel ya scrappy...I can just see me though...joining some granny quilting circle...LOL

Maybe it's the start of something brilliant... :laughing: Thanks for the idea.

Grizz

Veteran
ES if you could find one of those loops big enough to go around outside of bucket top it would work well, your still going to get those creases though.