What's new

dehumidifier that lets you exhaust heat?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
How many watts? Room size? BTU? That the breeze?
Theres a sticky here with BTU calculation in the growroom design section...
If the AC is properly sized it should remove enough moisture to not run the deheuy.
The dehuey will just make the ac run more...
If the ac is oversized it will cycle the compressor on and off and the RH will spike.
When I run with only a few lights in my room I will need the deheuy, but when I have enough load on the ac it runs constantly and takes moisture out of the room.
The heat from the lights should make the ac run hard enough to take all the moisture out of the air.
I have a hard time keeping the humidity up during stretch with bare bulbs in my room.
Once the buds fill out the humidity gets up to about 65 but I find that its just fine with fans running.
When I want it 50% in there I just turn the AC down. It removes more moisture and the plants like to finish cooler anyway.
Peace
EDIT:
If youre air cooling lights you may be oversized

5000 watts in a 12x12x8 room, open bulb Gavitas. 2 ton Breeze.

Gonna try not using the Santa Fe during lights on and see how my RH does.

T

TREE KING

third coast if you have an ac with a dry setting which means in dehumidify's at the same time it cools than you dont need to run the dehue when the lights are on. thats why i love the lg units

Asslover

Veteran
Don't feel bad ThirdCoast, my dehuey also runs at lights on. Not all the time but more often then not. In that room I once had a 9k btu mini split and then a 12k btu mini split. With either size the dehumidifier still kicks on during lights on. Of course though this happens more in the winter when theirs less overall heat. During the summer (mind you I'm in Florida) the AC runs enough that the dehuey usually only kicks on when the heat signal disappears, lights out.
So...Your AC is properly size brother. It was a long time ago under a different handle that I suggested to you a 24k btu for 4k lights;)

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Here's the answer you were looking for. I do the following and it works like a charm. You need to get a 6" inch register piece like in the floor to your house. The ones that are rectangle on one end and a 6" pipe on the other end. The rectangle end should fit right over where the warm air comes out of the dehuey, use duct tape to hold in place. While your picking up the register duct, pick up one of those cheap 6" inline fans(Home De-Pot). Attach ductwork which they also sell there, and put the fan on the end outside of the room to give the hot air leaving a little boost. I did this at a grow I had, and used the air to heat a flower room that was in the dark period-so I know it will move that warm air. Trust me it works and is a relatively cheap fix.

Coconutz

Veteran
Here's the answer you were looking for. I do the following and it works like a charm. You need to get a 6" inch register piece like in the floor to your house. The ones that are rectangle on one end and a 6" pipe on the other end. The rectangle end should fit right over where the warm air comes out of the dehuey, use duct tape to hold in place. While your picking up the register duct, pick up one of those cheap 6" inline fans(Home De-Pot). Attach ductwork which they also sell there, and put the fan on the end outside of the room to give the hot air leaving a little boost. I did this at a grow I had, and used the air to heat a flower room that was in the dark period-so I know it will move that warm air. Trust me it works and is a relatively cheap fix.

LOL

T

TREE KING

damn if this is really possible i cant believe a company hasnt made a unit thats made to exhaust the heat. frankenstein everything you said is too confusing i dont really understand how to do this. im not good at this type of stuff thanks anyway though

N

noyd666

DELONGHI is a dehumidifier name mate, head quarters in Italy. good make.

T

TREE KING

DELONGHI is a dehumidifier name mate, head quarters in Italy. good make.

lol i know that i just dont know what he wanted to say about it. i was already told that the frigidaire has the thermostat where the fan turns off

Granger2

Veteran
Before you buy a dehum, check this recall list
http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Gree-Recalls-12-Brands-of-Dehumidifiers/

I run sealed, AC, dehum, CO2. I set the thermostat on the AC where I want it, set the humidistat on the dehum at the level I want the rh to be kept, 24/7, and don't worry about it. I get no spikes. That's what thermostats and humidistats are for. If cooling or dehumidification are not needed, they don't kick on. re: thermostats, humidistats.

My AC dehumidifies some, but doesn't do the entire job. I want to make sure I don't end up with Botritis so keeping the rh at 45-50ish during bloom, 24-7, is just the cost of doing business, the cost of peace of mind, and not having to screw with stuff all the time. Good luck. Granger

Last edited:

Granger2

Veteran
"Trust me it works and is a relatively cheap fix."

It looks like it would probably work for getting the hot air out of the room, but the fact remains that the hot air a dehum puts out is the dry air that lowers your rh.
-granger

T

TREE KING

Before you buy a dehum, check this recall list
http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Gree-Recalls-12-Brands-of-Dehumidifiers/

I run sealed, AC, dehum, CO2. I set the thermostat on the AC where I want it, set the humidistat on the dehum at the level I want the rh to be kept, and don't worry about it. I get no spikes. That's what thermostats and humidistats are for.

My AC dehumidifies some, but doesn't do the entire job. I want to make sure I don't end up with Botritis so keeping the rh at 45-50ish during bloom is just the cost of doing business, the cost of peace of mind, and not having to screw with stuff all the time. Good luck. Granger

appreciate the link. theres been no problems with the frigidaires since 2008 so i think im good. they also have the best reviews online

thats def the right way to do things but if you were able to exhaust the hot air from the dehu than you would save money on electricity cause the ac would be on less. i know it cant be done now but i just wanted to check thats why i started this thread. also the more you have the ac on the more attention it causes. it like it if most of the time i can run it 12 hours a day instead of 24. it is what it is though

T

TREE KING

Tree King,
The date on the list I provided is (Oct. 30, 2013). Here's a good place to shop because of the great info they provide.
http://www.allergybuyersclub.com/best-selling-dehumidifiers.html

Good prices, free shipping, but Amazon or elsewhere may be cheaper. Good luck. -granger

i was talkin about the frigidaire units not the site. yeah there not beating amazon]

Frigidaire
Model number
Pint capacity
Date code range
FDB30R1
30-pint
01/07 through 09/08
FDB50R1
50-pint
01/07 through 09/08
FDB70R1
70-pint
01/07 through 09/08
FDD25S1
25-pint
01/07 through 09/08
FDF50S1
50-pint
01/07 through 09/08
FDF70S1
70-pint
01/07 through 09/08
FDL30R1
30-pint
01/07 through 09/08
FDL50R1
50-pint
01/07 through 09/08
FDL50S1
50-pint
01/07 through 09/08
FDL70R1
70-pint
01/07 through 09/08
FDL70S1
70-pint
01/07 through 09/08
FDM30R1
30-pint
01/07 through 09/08
FDR30S1
30-pint
01/07 through 09/08

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Don't feel bad ThirdCoast, my dehuey also runs at lights on. Not all the time but more often then not. In that room I once had a 9k btu mini split and then a 12k btu mini split. With either size the dehumidifier still kicks on during lights on. Of course though this happens more in the winter when theirs less overall heat. During the summer (mind you I'm in Florida) the AC runs enough that the dehuey usually only kicks on when the heat signal disappears, lights out.
So...Your AC is properly size brother. It was a long time ago under a different handle that I suggested to you a 24k btu for 4k lights;)

Hey E/P, thought that was you, was going to wait till you hit 50 posts to hit ya up. Good to see you still around.:)

My AC seems to run pretty constant so I may just be wasting juice having the dehuey run during the day. Then again the AC may be running constantly cause the heat from the dehuey lol.

Sounds like its sized properly...
Let us know how it goes.

Will do.:tiphat:

BubbaBear

The portable AC/dehumidifier/heater I have when running in dehumidifier mode cools the air a degree or two, its definitely different than a AC set to dry mode,that still kicks out a lot of cold air. If your looking for a dehumidifier thats not going to heat up your room(or cool it much) then definitely look into multi function dual duct portable AC/dehumidifier/heaters. Mines rated at 60 pints a day.

T

TREE KING

The portable AC/dehumidifier/heater I have when running in dehumidifier mode cools the air a degree or two, its definitely different than a AC set to dry mode,that still kicks out a lot of cold air. If your looking for a dehumidifier thats not going to heat up your room(or cool it much) then definitely look into multi function dual duct portable AC/dehumidifier/heaters. Mines rated at 60 pints a day.
is there a thermostat to set it to the exact humidity you want on this unit? if not how does it work exactly? can anyone else co sign this?

Latest posts

Latest posts