What's new

Defoliation: Hi-Yield Technique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. deepwater

I have been lurking here for a while but this thread has made me decide to finally register. I'm working on my 2nd grow and have been looking for a good method for trimming my plants. I'm on day 13 of 12/12and will start the process in the next couple days, I have 2 strains; OGK and Pure Power Plant. Since OGK is predominately Indica it should take to this technique very well. Pure Power Plant is more of a Sativa, but based on my experiences during the veg cycle and also the strain reports, I'm very hopeful for this one too.

blowin

Just LST

Just LST

This might work in veg. Stage right? Two points leafs do in part give the plant it's source of life. Then again it's just a weed taking some leafs off wouldn't really affect that strong plant, yes it may fuk up yield or stress the bitch!
But just LSt for more beautiful trees and bigger yields forsuree!!!!

aussiemaraman

this is also anold calabrian trick for tomatoes and marketed on the net as what you n

this is also anold calabrian trick for tomatoes and marketed on the net as what you n

[/quote]the italians have utilised this technique for generations maximising tomatoe crops, shh omerta applies here.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
This might work in veg. Stage right? Two points leafs do in part give the plant it's source of life. Then again it's just a weed taking some leafs off wouldn't really affect that strong plant, yes it may fuk up yield or stress the bitch!

You're totally right blowin but read the thread bro.. It's not just the yield count but the innovations being put into play here. This shit is gonna change many hard set views on how cannabis should be treated in bloom.

I myself fuck with them less in bloom but torture them in veg. Yes training, topping, fimming but removing foliage with success in bloom is taboo. I love seeing people thinking outside the leaf ;)

superbolan

MR. Deepwater Im growing PPP myself among other strains and though it is sativa its responding very well. If you check out hempy's grows he is growing pure sativas and defoliates as well , his plants look like 8 feet tall budsicles nothing but the branches and pure bud. Good luck with grow!

k33ftr33z

I consider the defoliating in veg stage key to the kind of structure necessary to finish as a squat little 10oz. plant fitting into this volume: 32" x 32"x 26-30" tall.

blowin

Soil cloning???

Soil cloning???

Do you guys think of taking a cutting and placing it in soil bed with soil moist with clone solution. Ad soil containing peatmoss

blowin

Yes understood in veg stage to fuk with the bitch so she stretches right, well in flowering you guys would do this? Then again it is true that in flowering the leafs produce substance not the buds getting light will increase yield . Or is this for less space consumption? Or just heavier buds?

blowin

Couple of questions- this can be performed during both stages?? VeG. Stage forsure
, if they r already being pulled in LST is this necessary?
, pinching new branches makes them get thicker and produce sideways outward?

k33ftr33z

blowin - You've posted 3 times in a row, asked questions completely off topic, and are asking questions that show you've barely glanced over the thread. Put at least a little effort into it.

Thanks GMG.

@ blowin...Not sure if there is a language barrier? I just responded to the veg stage inquiry. Um, like GMG said...if you are really interested, read over the thread. And please keep on topic.

k33ftr33z

Couple of questions- this can be performed during both stages?? VeG. Stage forsure
, if they r already being pulled in LST is this necessary?
, pinching new branches makes them get thicker and produce sideways outward?

If they are already being pulled you are already defoliating. LST, LSD, THC... I call it defoliating/training. That is what it is.

pinching is defined differently by different growers. Some say pinch and actually mean nip. To pinch literally is squeezing but not cutting. Nipping would be cutting stem at the very top. I pinch and bend. That is, rather, crush and bend. I don't think pinching or nipping branches has anything to do with getting thicker or going sideways. That would be the result of bending and training.

k33ftr33z

One "nip" on the main leader early in veg(immediately post-rooting) is the only cutting of any branch necessary at anytime. From then on, there should be plenty of branching to enable training out radially. Resist the urge to cut branches to encourage further branching. Old school and ill-advised. A plant can be made to branch without cutting the leader by simply defoliating early pre-stretch.

Last edited:

k33ftr33z

capsule

capsule

With 40,000+ views, several participants and a dearth of negative comments. This thread is coming full circle. We got past the early flurry of naysayers and the occasional drop-in. I haven't kept count but there seem to have been many who chimed in that they have defoliated for a long time. Even the naysaying has been sparse and without real grounds.

So it wasn't as controversial as it was some years ago when discussed on the legacy sites. That's encouraging. Either there are a lot more experienced folks in the discussion or this technique is developing some legitimacy. Probably both.

I look forward to Lifeless' finishing pics and those of others.

The technique can be individualized for your particular growspace. It can be used indoors or outdoors; veg or bud; early, late, mid-term or from beginning to end(that's my style)

There is no demonstrated harm in leaf removal and is likely beneficial to bud production for vigorous healthy plants in almost any conditions.

I'll be focusing on a new thread but still commenting and posting pics here when relevant. I am glad to have this technique get enough legitimacy to earn a sticky.

New subjects, when I get the time, will be exploring media, equipment and compartment design. The emphasis will be on simplicity, minimizing cost and cyclic efficiency.

I'm excited about some new equipment. Inexpensive off-the-shelf industrial ethernet-connected browser-administered relay controllers.

Stay tuned.

dev0n

I'm excited about some new equipment. Inexpensive off-the-shelf industrial ethernet-connected browser-administered relay controllers.
Niiiice! I've been wondering what is available in this area (off-topic I know: sorry). Please post and let us know what you get and how you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts