What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Defoliation: Hi-Yield Technique?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willyweed

you are just not clear in what you do ,you put pictures up in a post on the previous page an i suppost tpo read your mind as to where they are?first place to look is the gallery !

Last edited:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
not only are you blind but obviously cant read lol please qoute where i slagged off your pictures?? i actually said the bud looks ok, my only comment was that you dont defoliate. the bud looked ok. nothing special by any means...

btw reported your post. try reading the rules next time

Enlighten

I don't hate or support defoliation.

Just show me a side by side where a defoliated plant yields higher and i will do it.

Here is a Side by side comparison thread from a defoliation supporter.

The whole thread is nonsense but it get interesting around page 11.

The results?

Defoliated plant: 233 grams freshly cut, 117g semi dry, 90gs 1week later, completely dry.

Trimmed plant: 293g freshly cut, 134 semi dry, 90gs 1 week later, completely dry.

Untouched plant: 315g freshly cut, 159 semi dry, 90s 1 weeks later completely dry.

that was a typo.. 90g, 90g, 93g...i missed the other g...

lol, what kinda details are you looking for exactly? I gotta find the other pics...

well, if the defoliated plant produced 90 and the foliated produced 93... I think we have a winner

What a joke. :noway:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
pretty simple really here look op;s plants day 20 mine day 23 if you can;t see the difference then i suggest you go see a optometrist
cause you are blind

op's Day 20 mine day 23 we will see who kills it :)) :laughing::laughing: enough said

that first plant looks like its got mites thrips and aphids all at once.

DrFever

Veteran
enlighten i took this last post from the link you provided hahahaha

i know i am year late. but i been up on the defol. thread since it started.

to this day, all the "here's you proof shot's" go like this.

one poster who is not convinced of this technique (any poster not specific) wants to see a finished bud shot of a defoliated plant.

the defoliater guy says "wait till i find the cam" or something to that effect, but they build up the ensuing post like "wait till you see this"

it gets posted.

it looks like shit, more flarfy that ever, or at very best the same or worse

then this happens "well i let these one get away from me" or "they yielded the same" or "my temps" or "something happened out of my control"

so every proof shot has an excuse attached, and we should take this excuse and see past the fuckery and except it as a good yield tech. because all the other times you grew like this were great, but defoliar's failed to capture the result that they liked on cam. but the only result they have is one they make excuses for.

sounds like some straight ol' sucker shit.

pruning lower leaves off and lower budsites, isnt that something called "pruning for single stem plants" like something that has been done since SoG grow methods have been around?

i mean lollipopping, or pruning? wtf, to call it a new method, bananas

what it comes down to is pruning for yield, something all gardeners of all plants have been doing since plants and people intermingled.

grow em short, keep em full, grow em high, keep them tidy, nothing new here.

i mean every grow book tells you plants have a threshold for bud production, if you focus the plants energy to the main lighted areas the resulting bud will be tighter and denser, but this is just plucking off lower branches budsites

pluck off the lower budsites and leave the leafs, thats way more surface area of leaf gets more lumens/micro moles whatever, and they in turn make more food and sugar for the plant. again nothing new here.

no way any one who been around this plant a long time will take defoliation seriously after this. and when i say defoliation, im not talking about the decades old pruning tech. i described above, when i say defoliate, i mean the absolute raping of a plants energy factories, no leaves but bud leaves.

streme defoliation = diminished plant health and yields

there i summed it up for the original posters of both threads

W

willyweed

the first is ak47, second is sonics kalishnapple, next is my cut of agent orange so is my last pic. i put up a different one last night.

now weedwilly you can show some of yours??

i have 5 pictures up in my album been there for a week or so

W

willyweed

im not a liar because i put these pictures up yesterday. just because i took them back down dont make me a liar.
you told me when i was on line you would put the pictures up i messaged you to say i was on line and you messaged me back to say you could not be bothered which upset me

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
yup mate i looked. like i said before your bud looks pretty chunky which is good, but i think it looks better because you have not removed much leaf..

I don't hate or support defoliation.

Just show me a side by side where a defoliated plant yields higher and i will do it.

Here is a Side by side comparison thread from a defoliation supporter.

The whole thread is nonsense but it get interesting around page 11.

The results?

Defoliated plant: 233 grams freshly cut, 117g semi dry, 90gs 1week later, completely dry.

Trimmed plant: 293g freshly cut, 134 semi dry, 90gs 1 week later, completely dry.

Untouched plant: 315g freshly cut, 159 semi dry, 90s 1 weeks later completely dry.

What a joke. :noway:

His last post he admits getting the timing wrong by defoliating at the beginning of flower not at the end of stretch and it still grew just as much the 3 gram difference is to small to count no two clones will weight the exact same.

If done at end of stretch the result would have been much better like the research paper I posted showing timing is important so the only thing this proved even if done wrong you still get the same results as doing nothing exept less larf.

LOL, if you don't like the comparison, I'm glad you don't. Take the time out to do your own.

Nuff said!

It was pointed out early that this comparison was done because I wanted to, and simply because I had teh room, and ALSO, at the START of flower, not after stretch..

If you folks who have multiple accounts to flame someone else works, get your head outta your asses, and read ALL the info before you decide to spew your profound knowledge in someone else's thread.

If you did manage to see the outcome (probably the ones who didn't post) I'm glad you did. Mission accomplished.
smile.gif

I may do this side by side again with equal cuts again, and after the stretch... if you don't like it..fuck ya.
tiphat.gif
From the last page https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=194806&page=16

medicalmj

Veteran
His last post he admits getting the timing wrong by defoliating at the beginning of flower not at the end of stretch and it still grew just as much the 3 gram difference is to small to count no two clones will weight the exact same.

If done at end of stretch the result would have been much better like the research paper I posted showing timing is important so the only thing this proved even if done wrong you still get the same results as doing nothing exept less larf.

From the last page https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=194806&page=16

So ur saying wait until stretch is done but before buds start to thicken? I must say I did do some heavy pruning in veg to allow more tops, and that worked. I am at exactly 14 days 12/12 so the stretch is just finishing done and the hairs are starting. In the past this would be the time I'd select some big leaves to thin out. Been debating this go if I'd give it good go or not. I think I just must do a test on one of my lil trees that grows huge leaves. I just might do 1/2 on same plant down the center so both get equal light. What the f*ck, why not...eh?

So ur saying wait until stretch is done but before buds start to thicken? I must say I did do some heavy pruning in veg to allow more tops, and that worked. I am at exactly 14 days 12/12 so the stretch is just finishing done and the hairs are starting. In the past this would be the time I'd select some big leaves to thin out. Been debating this go if I'd give it good go or not. I think I just must do a test on one of my lil trees that grows huge leaves. I just might do 1/2 on same plant down the center so both get equal light. What the f*ck, why not...eh?

It is best if done in veg like you've done normally wait till 21 days one guy says 5 weeks is better. I'm going to run some experiments with different timing soon but will take months till mine are ready I have to wait till mine are flowered but will cut clones soon.

Doing one plant would be interesting but hard to split and weigh you would be better off doing experiments with two plants or more per group you could have controls some you deleaf at different times some more than others if you have it labeled well with notes & pictures you could find the best times or amounts to do it.

I would be following along as would many others.

W

willyweed

i have decided to pull any leaves to clear bud sites and overcrowding and leave the rest until i can do a side by side! the deciding factors for me are light ,space,and what i am growing.peace

Enlighten

It is best if done in veg like you've done normally wait till 21 days one guy says 5 weeks is better. I'm going to run some experiments with different timing soon but will take months till mine are ready I have to wait till mine are flowered but will cut clones soon.

Doing one plant would be interesting but hard to split and weigh you would be better off doing experiments with two plants or more per group you could have controls some you deleaf at different times some more than others if you have it labeled well with notes & pictures you could find the best times or amounts to do it.

I would be following along as would many others.

Hi I've grown for years but have been out of it for years just been lurking for months learning all I can. I use to grow in dirt with multiple lights their is so much information to read it boggles the mind.

picture.php

You said this a few months ago and this is your grow.

Today you are a defoliation expert giving advice.

Gypsy started IC to help people grow. This thread does the opposite.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2.5 years, 285 pages...

Please show me one experiment.

One proven fact.

SHOW ME THE PROVEN FACT IT DOES NOT WORK

not some bullshit pages. show me. pictures speak a thousand word right. prove it.

dont point to healthy plants grown without the defoliating. because thats not proving defoliating doesnt offer benefit.
thats bullshit filler. we need meat and potatoes.

jbonez thanks goodness is doing some defoliating. he may not see what he was expecting but he has clearly stated hes seen some postives that could be utilized by others.

so if hes clearly seeing some potential advantages.... whatever they are and however they may be harnessed, are advantages.
i know i know.... this is all ancedotal. my bad....

and if you dont get the sarcasm in my posts you need to get out and socialize more. with people. in person. irl. LOL
obtain some personality. maybe itll be easier to understand and comprehend what youre spewing all over my screen....

sifted from reality.... i see i have a pm from you. STOKED BRO.
and as i mentions in your rep message big respect for putting your name to your feelings. youre obviously not a pussy even if youre close minded. so thats refreshing at least....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts