What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Defoliation: Hi-Yield Technique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassy59

I didnt realize they were flowering already...
I wasnt suggesting you should remove the leaves in flower if you dont want to. It might get hard not to though...
Im not sure if that will result in long colas or branches that want to keep branching. It will be interesting to see with vert on these plants. It became a pia with my hoods and monster plants.
I had some defoliated plants keep growing the 3 blade leaves. The clones I bought already had them growing though. Not sure if its related to defoliation at all. They were a PIA to get going before I even took any leaves.

D9 posted his yields in this thread. He also had pics, but they seem to have gone away. He had massive increases in yield in vert using this technique.

Enlighten

The most helpful post in the entire thread. /end sarcasm

No, not a single fucking person that has consistent grows, grow after grow that tried this and upped their yield by 4 oz per plant showed that this works.

You're so enlightened that you don't need reading comprehension to apply. After all, NOWHERE in this thread did the op point out, now would a person with a brain be able to deny, why side by side is not doable. NOWHERE in this thread did people with years of experience, running same strains, week/month in, week/month out, with consistent established weights, try this method and post massive increases in yield. Nope, not anywhere in this thread. /end sarcasm

This a recurring theme that I and I'm sure many others have noticed in this thread.

Anyone who says anything against the technique or sometimes even people asking simple questions will be abused.

Its like the church of scientology in here. Not a lot of science going on at all.

I'm not against defoliation my view is neutral.

Smoke a bowl and chill out dude :comfort:

Jbonez

Veteran
Maybe try studying the PDF from the first fucking post in this entire thread? Study it? Make notes of important aspects, timelines, etc?

Or you can do what I did, spend 3 weeks reading every single post in this thread before ever doing anything.

Unfortunately D9 (who's also quoted in the pdf) appears to have taken all his pics from this thread down. His plants were nutso over the top high yield girls. To quote him:

"my last 5 plants before defoliation averaged 10.49, or 52.45 total oz's."

"i just weighed last weeks plant and it only went 15.80. i guess i screwed up somewhere.
so my last five consecutive defoliated plants went 11.96, 12.35, 14.74, 18.38, and 15.80 for a total of 73.23
or an average of 14.65 each."

DrFever, I don't know what more to say to you other than you really are a tool. Your last post about my pics and yield has got to be one of the most ignorant posts I've yet to see from you. Did you ride the short bus to school as a kid? Wear a hockey helmet?

You my friend are an angry little man, and sorry, Im an autodidact, your statement merits little relevance to a guy like me, go relax a bit, and join the discussion when your blood temperature is down, you just jumped down like 5 dudes throats, actually keep it up, Im sure someone will be by to deal with your unruly rebuttals soon enough.

Peace

Desert Hydro

Veteran
Then you don't want to learn whether it's for you or not. You don't have the ability to use your own mind and decide for yourself based on learning from the experience of others.

Leave this thread, stay a sheep, follow the flock. The flock will tell you when to eat, when to drink. Just do what they do.

i knew this thread was full of dicks lol. im all for learning. im anti drama. suck it slow

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
So I have been in this thread since its beginning, an remember all the sick photos D9 and K33ftr33z posted up. If they are gone, that sucks, because there was plenty of proof in the photos in my opinion.

Yes sir, I defoliate in Veg, but usually, my plants get less than 10 days of veg. But I am still plucking lower fan leaves all the way through. I flower my untopped SourD ibl Riri at 6 inches, and it results in a 3-4oz monster, 8 per 1K. The ChemD is flowered at 8-10 nodes, topped 3 days before flip. also, 3-4oz per plant, 8 per 1K.

By day 50, there are no leaves with stems left in the canopy. There might be some fans below the canopy, I leave those that are not in wat to add some defense for the plant.

I have not done a side byside, but what I have done is an 8 plant ChemD grow, 1K, with no defoliation at all, averaged 2.5 per plant. 20 oz total. The very next grow, same light, same strain, same veg, but have been defoliating since the plant had roots. Same 63 days flower, averaged 3.5 oz per plant, for 28 oz total. an increase of 8 oz, well worth it.

If your plants are extremely healthy, there is no shock, or extra days of veg needed. Sm-90 and hygrozyme work very well together.

Rbdf

Bassy's frustration has been based on a couple of people that have harassed any new people showing and talking about what they have done they never returned to post results because they get flamed they post pictures of there grows and there method and these censors that have never done this pruning technique come on and bombard the thread with theory that they have never tried showing reports on how it didn't work on sunflowers when done at beginning of flower the wrong time to do it and sunflowers don't have the structure any thing like MJ.

Ten pages back lost in the cluster f ck this thread has become I posted studys that showed this method does work on crops and many many links to the countless current growers that use this technique and know it works but the people that have never tied this continue to harass anyone that post contrary to there never cut a solar panel/leaf religion because it feeds the plant verus us who take leaves to create branching for more budsites in less space and the leaf mass comes back in many more smaller leaves that come off the side branches causing them to grow much more than none defoliated.

This is something anyone is going to have to do for them selves to see if it works for them one plant is no big deal and help this thread work out the best times and amounts of deleaf topics relevant to learning more about this pruning technique that the vast majority of people that have done it have better results go back to page 50 or 70 see what people are saying or anywhere in this thread the vast majoirty of people that have done this have positive results.

Try it or not but don't tell me something you have never done doesn't work.

Jbonez

Veteran
His frustration is turning people away.. No one wants to listen to a raving lunatic... If answered calmly, politely, he may not reach such stiff resistance. There is a way to silence people without getting belligerent, sorry.

BB, I do agree, this technique is at least worth playing with on ones own, whether they want to concede to at the least the "idea" of it.. Im not close minded enough to dispute others findings unless I cant duplicate the same results..

Nothing Im doing, is ever going to be accepted as credible simply because in the end, with nothing to really technically compare it to, my findings will be highly subjective, but nonetheless, those that know me will listen perhaps a little more to what I have to say...

whodare

Veteran
Stick your skepticism right up your ass. This is wet weight 1 plant on harvest day.

You're the one that has not proven even one of your claims. Nor when I challenged your #'s were you able to refute me. You grow nice plants, but you are not the all-knowing person you think you are.

Furthermore, when the owner of the Nutrient maker that I use, whom has a masters degree in this shit and numerous other degrees, tells me he's all for my defoliation technique and does it himself on MJ, I'll take his word vs your little garden center all day long.

Again, this is WET WEIGHT OF ONE PLANT, last grow, harvested 9/20/12, Kosher Kush. Dry weight was 10.43oz. My weight is jr in comparison to D9's and others that HAVE POSTED IN THIS THREAD THEIR RESULTS!

Approx 5 weeks veg time. Can't say for sure as I didn't note transplant of seedling from root riot cube to buckets. 220w T5HO

4 plants in 4x4 tent, RDWC. Bent to hell and back so they wouldnt run into the 1k light in flower. Canopy was a literal blanket of laterally placed bud.

Had I vegged a little less and again, more laterally, yield would have been higher. But still, pics of above weight was only 1 plant in this grow.

so you yield 10oz off one plant, what did the tent yield?

we will see if he answers my question in regards to total yield.

there is no way thats 40 zips, not a chance in hell.

not the worst pics ive seen posted out of a defoliated garden though...

Bassy your a turd.

Bassy = keeftrees?

whodare

Veteran
Unfortunately D9 (who's also quoted in the pdf) appears to have taken all his pics from this thread down. His plants were nutso over the top high yield girls. To quote him:

"my last 5 plants before defoliation averaged 10.49, or 52.45 total oz's."

"i just weighed last weeks plant and it only went 15.80. i guess i screwed up somewhere.
so my last five consecutive defoliated plants went 11.96, 12.35, 14.74, 18.38, and 15.80 for a total of 73.23
or an average of 14.65 each."

DrFever, I don't know what more to say to you other than you really are a tool. Your last post about my pics and yield has got to be one of the most ignorant posts I've yet to see from you. Did you ride the short bus to school as a kid? Wear a hockey helmet?

Maybe he didn't want to get called out for lying by people who know what the fuck they are talking about...

whodare

Veteran
Sometimes I imagine the op with multiple personalities, responding to everyone and his other handles. Gives me a little chuckle...

whodare

Veteran
Actually if you back and look you'll realize a whole lot of pics have disappeared.

Makes ya wonder, since all of them were from proponents....

DrFever

Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=179318

The link is to a thread full of lifeless' pics....

Laters

When looking even at them pictures as he was weekly defoilating do you not notice plant??? buds??? get to a size and stop growing ???
Now with his defoil how much more of lower bud development is there really??? not that much that stuff even tho leafs were removed was to give them light and upon further studying pictures there really is no big buds there but rather very small ones.
with light beings i would guess 30" from them not going to get much better defoil or not look at outdoor plants mid plant up are huge
lower part undeveloped and not even close to being done .Same thing indoor or outdoor, but by lolli popping getting rid of them lower crap more energy would of went into top bud production and 100 percent truthfull buds would of bin allot bigger that is a fact here lower bud sites you notice a difference ???? pictures don't lie like everyone here is saying
And Bassy why do i question your so called yield per plant ??? in order to achieve 8 - 10 + oz plant your going to need room and a big plant so having a 4 - 5 foot plants especially 4 of them is out of the question in a tent that i believe you grow in ???? 4 x 4 correct me if i am wrong ???
You also mention i fudge numbers etc there is no reason to i started a thread to help growers like your self achieve bigger yields per plant from clone to transplanting , to harvest. Yes for some plant count matters??? and pretty much step by step how i achieve this thru years of growing.
I may sound ignorant and arrogant, but again i never came on this site to make friends i came here to help people, to achieve maximum yields per plant. and if anyone takes any of my advice and achieves there goals then i contributed to this site Right ???
Bottom line doesn't matter if i done this or not its against all horticultural practices , until you understand the difference of prunning and defoilating trust me there is a huge difference there buddy and times at which you do it in plants life cycle

Attachments

• 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 32

St3ve

I would say NO.

Only for the reason that no one can put two plants side by side and prove it increases yield.

And i have read the WHOLE thread more than one time.

I guess it must be BS because this idea has been floating around for a few years now.

You would think someone with some balls would have backed up the talk with some actual proof?

Dude.. if you're read this thread, then you know why you can't really do a side by side.

And that said, why would ANYONE want to throw away yield to try and prove a point? I mean, I know for a fact that in my garden I will lose yield if I don't defoliate. I'm all for sharing info but not at the expense of bud my friend.

St3ve

i knew this thread was full of dicks lol. im all for learning. im anti drama. suck it slow

You're very right, and yes there are dicks on both sides unfortunately.

I can say without hesitation though, if done properly it works well.. if you know how to apply it. I speak from personal experience.. many times over.

If you would like to have a private conversation feel free to PM me. I can share with you my success and the recipe.

a420head

If you can't falsify a theory, then its not worth anything. So why side by side is impossible? Diffirence in veg times can be countered by vegging the plants diffirent times, not a good thing theu. So all we have to measure this is g/kwh or g/w or g/sqm. Might try this some time when I get my 2x1k room running again, but this far I haven't seen any good proof for it or against.

Status
Not open for further replies.