What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Defoliation: Hi-Yield Technique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Approx 5 weeks veg time. Can't say for sure as I didn't note transplant of seedling from root riot cube to buckets. 220w T5HO

4 plants in 4x4 tent, RDWC. Bent to hell and back so they wouldnt run into the 1k light in flower. Canopy was a literal blanket of laterally placed bud.

Had I vegged a little less and again, more laterally, yield would have been higher. But still, pics of above weight was only 1 plant in this grow.

mate theres no way thats 40oz sitting there. if you averaged 10 per plant and 4 plants under that light.

ive got pics of 30 oz under a 1k which looks like way more than that. and btw did you defoliate everywhere or just below the frame??

whodare

Veteran
mate theres no way thats 40oz sitting there. if you averaged 10 per plant and 4 plants under that light.

ive got pics of 30 oz under a 1k which looks like way more than that. and btw did you defoliate everywhere or just below the frame??

we will see if he answers my question in regards to total yield.

there is no way thats 40 zips, not a chance in hell.

not the worst pics ive seen posted out of a defoliated garden though...

Approx 5 weeks veg time. Can't say for sure as I didn't note transplant of seedling from root riot cube to buckets. 220w T5HO

4 plants in 4x4 tent, RDWC. Bent to hell and back so they wouldnt run into the 1k light in flower. Canopy was a literal blanket of laterally placed bud.

Had I vegged a little less and again, more laterally, yield would have been higher. But still, pics of above weight was only 1 plant in this grow.

That is a thick mat of bud so thick you can't see all the bud underneath there was probably a lot below the tops. This is one reason this works for tight spaces it makes a much denser plant that for some reason people who have never done it can't understand.

I agree.. and the problem Rasputin, is that people are coming in here with great yields on their own, without having been successful using this technique, and they say it doesn't work. How someone can say something doesn't work who can't do it is just saddening. :(

Can't agree more don't talk the talk if you haven't walked the walk.

Stick your skepticism right up your ass. This is wet weight 1 plant on harvest day.

You're the one that has not proven even one of your claims. Nor when I challenged your #'s were you able to refute me. You grow nice plants, but you are not the all-knowing person you think you are.

Furthermore, when the owner of the Nutrient maker that I use, whom has a masters degree in this shit and numerous other degrees, tells me he's all for my defoliation technique and does it himself on MJ, I'll take his word vs your little garden center all day long.

Again, this is WET WEIGHT OF ONE PLANT, last grow, harvested 9/20/12, Kosher Kush. Dry weight was 10.43oz. My weight is jr in comparison to D9's and others that HAVE POSTED IN THIS THREAD THEIR RESULTS!

Thanks for putting pictures up but the blind can't see.

Yeah its more of a "Point, Counter Point" thing.
Sometimes entertaining, mostly not.
Sometimes informative, mostly not.

I'm not going to hop on and tell "who" he's wrong about agressive pruning stunting or slowing a plant. Im just chalking it up to his personal experience and his opinion. My experience has been the exact opposite. (I strip them bitches naked like the OP)

All this "hard data" is laughable. Too many grow spots...too many variables. One can go on for days about sugars n' whatnot...they just can't provide any info on the experiment, control, nute delivery...any of it.
(but 5th I read it on the net...thats grade six science)

Fuck all that.

Remember Pluto? Used to be a planet. We accepted it because it was science, hard proof, saw it with our own damn eyes even...
Not the case.
Same with flora n' fauna...we've got it all figured out don't we? We can rip one of these fuckers n' half, stick it under a microscope and look at it in a cellular state. Been doing it for decades. But now we're figuring out some of these cells do more then photosynthesis...they've had other properties for millions of years. We just never thought to look.

Fuck I'm stoned, so yeah...I'm of the opinion (and someone else mentioned it) "it works in some gardens, not so much in others". Works pretty damn good in my garden actually. With science working overtime the past three decades...I think it won't be long before the entire growing community is turned on its ear and we're all growing more dope then we can handle...well here's hoping so.

:tiphat:

Nice to hear your opinion it is the same as the vast majority of us that have actually done defoliation.

We should be having discussions about best timing to do it, amount to take at a time, or how often those kind of relevant topics.

DrFever

Veteran
Stick your skepticism right up your ass. This is wet weight 1 plant on harvest day.

You're the one that has not proven even one of your claims. Nor when I challenged your #'s were you able to refute me. You grow nice plants, but you are not the all-knowing person you think you are.

Furthermore, when the owner of the Nutrient maker that I use, whom has a masters degree in this shit and numerous other degrees, tells me he's all for my defoliation technique and does it himself on MJ, I'll take his word vs your little garden center all day long.

Again, this is WET WEIGHT OF ONE PLANT, last grow, harvested 9/20/12, Kosher Kush. Dry weight was 10.43oz. My weight is jr in comparison to D9's and others that HAVE POSTED IN THIS THREAD THEIR RESULTS!

I got to say there buddy you must think many growers are fairly new to the growing and drying process it takes a shit load of buds to make anything you post some pics of what 1117 wet grams in a space of what 12" x 12" area hahahaha you must of shoved a few dinner knifes and spoons in there and hid it good cause that my friend is BS
i have kush strains pretty much the biggest yielders you can get purple kush, afganistan kush, etc
your talking kosher kush Flowering time: 9-10 weeks Yield: 450-550g/ m2
an amazing strain out of California. It is a stinky over the top strain with an average yield
Here man 36 x 72 screen which will give me about 18 oz dry so lets divide it by 2 36 x 36 screen pretty much 9 oz dry but it took 36 x 36 of wet bud to make it 9 oz dry :thank you:
yea keep lieing only thing its is showing is other people that this thread is BS

Attachments

• picture247j.jpg
    picture247j.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 1263.jpg
    Picture 1263.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture 470.jpg
    Picture 470.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture 473.jpg
    Picture 473.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 22
I got to say there buddy you must think many growers are fairly new to the growing and drying process it takes a shit load of buds to make anything you post some pics of what 1117 wet grams in a space of what 12" x 12" area hahahaha you must of shoved a few dinner knifes and spoons in there and hid it good cause that my friend is BS
i have kush strains pretty much the biggest yielders you can get purple kush, afganistan kush, etc
your talking kosher kush Flowering time: 9-10 weeks Yield: 450-550g/ m2
an amazing strain out of California. It is a stinky over the top strain with an average yield
Here man 36 x 72 screen which will give me about 18 oz dry so lets divide it by 2 36 x 36 screen pretty much 9 oz dry but it took 36 x 36 of wet bud to make it 9 oz dry :thank you:
yea keep lieing only thing its is showing is other people that this thread is BS

Your the only one who has been caught fudging numbers this guy puts up pictures and wet weight yet because you can't do as well without defoliating you call him names.

Did you even read the post you quoted it says he uses a kush so strain type is similar he just had more density and could have gotten more if he could tie up all those heavy tops they were a thick mat of tops.

"36 x 36 of wet bud to make it 9 oz dry"

It is in a pizza box that is 12 -14" 4 times as high as on a drying rack so you should have been able to figure it out from the picture that there is more weed on that box piled in versus spread out on a 36x36 screen that wasn't full.

So you should have been able to see it yourself but you won't even try it on a couple of plants out of 70 you got in a tub.

Is it that scary a concept that you will argue forever about something you know nothing of but refuse to even try it once when you have tons of plants in many different setups.

Are you that afraid of being proven wrong in your own garden as you just did by your screen comparison with a similar strain???

Jbonez

Veteran
Id really like to experiment with this more in a much larger veg room, one with an HID, I think that would allow me to do this, without slowing them down to the point my 20w per sq ft provides with a little t8 shoplight, lol..

I do like the way upward growth seemingly stops or slows, you can let all the lower sites fill in, then simply quit pulling leaves, it will take back off again from what Im seeing so long as you let the top shoots keep their bigger leaves..

again, I am impressed more with what they do in veg than anything, If I can dial this and integrate it into my setup I think I can see how you guys are getting good results.. AGAIN, I cannot imagine doing this in bloom, like I said, I made that mistake.. lol

picture.php

T

TribalSeeds

If you only do this in veg you will have a plant full of leaf in flower and you will be sorry if you let them get big.
Youve already found out why you dont do this in flower if you havent done it in veg.
The same applies if you do this in veg only. Its gonna be hard to get light to all the bud sites when all those leaves are full grown. Everything is going to be much closer together.
Is the non defoliated plant also growing the 3 blade leaf?

She looks great much better than a typical spindly plant under t8s.

Your starting to get good branching coming much faster then otherwise, you have the concept down pretty good.
If you want more even tops you can strip the high tops more to allow lower tops some time to even out.

I had to do it when I was in the cabinet I striped the top to slow it down so it wouldn't be pushed into the top also it never got top light. now I got lots of head room now they are leaders but there are many more I won't have just one dominating top the thing is so thick you can't see thru it with a 1000 watt.

Jbonez

Veteran
If you only do this in veg you will have a plant full of leaf in flower and you will be sorry if you let them get big.
Youve already found out why you dont do this in flower if you havent done it in veg.
The same applies if you do this in veg only. Its gonna be hard to get light to all the bud sites when all those leaves are full grown. Everything is going to be much closer together.
Is the non defoliated plant also growing the 3 blade leaf?

Really? I kinda was wondering about that, I just figured theyd be little mini colas lol, Ill just have to see, she is blooming as we speak, lol..

So pull the bigger non budsite leaves gradually through bloom? Is that what you mean? Ill do it, Prob let em stretch a lil more..

Ive yet to throw in the other chems, Not sure if they will have 3 blade leaves or not, I doubt it.. why is that relevant?

T

TribalSeeds

Really? I kinda was wondering about that, I just figured theyd be little mini colas lol, Ill just have to see, she is blooming as we speak, lol..

So pull the bigger non budsite leaves gradually through bloom? Is that what you mean? Ill do it, Prob let em stretch a lil more..

Ive yet to throw in the other chems, Not sure if they will have 3 blade leaves or not, I doubt it.. why is that relevant?

I didnt realize they were flowering already...
I wasnt suggesting you should remove the leaves in flower if you dont want to. It might get hard not to though...
Im not sure if that will result in long colas or branches that want to keep branching. It will be interesting to see with vert on these plants. It became a pia with my hoods and monster plants.
I had some defoliated plants keep growing the 3 blade leaves. The clones I bought already had them growing though. Not sure if its related to defoliation at all. They were a PIA to get going before I even took any leaves.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
so i dont really wanna read 276 pages of arguing back and forth lol so to sum up are we leaning to a yes or no on defoliation? :)

Enlighten

I would say NO.

Only for the reason that no one can put two plants side by side and prove it increases yield.

And i have read the WHOLE thread more than one time.

I guess it must be BS because this idea has been floating around for a few years now.

You would think someone with some balls would have backed up the talk with some actual proof?

Bassy59

Maybe try studying the PDF from the first fucking post in this entire thread? Study it? Make notes of important aspects, timelines, etc?

Or you can do what I did, spend 3 weeks reading every single post in this thread before ever doing anything.

Unfortunately D9 (who's also quoted in the pdf) appears to have taken all his pics from this thread down. His plants were nutso over the top high yield girls. To quote him:

"my last 5 plants before defoliation averaged 10.49, or 52.45 total oz's."

"i just weighed last weeks plant and it only went 15.80. i guess i screwed up somewhere.
so my last five consecutive defoliated plants went 11.96, 12.35, 14.74, 18.38, and 15.80 for a total of 73.23
or an average of 14.65 each."

DrFever, I don't know what more to say to you other than you really are a tool. Your last post about my pics and yield has got to be one of the most ignorant posts I've yet to see from you. Did you ride the short bus to school as a kid? Wear a hockey helmet?

Bassy59

I would say NO.

Only for the reason that no one can put two plants side by side and prove it increases yield.

And i have read the WHOLE thread more than one time.

I guess it must be BS because this idea has been floating around for a few years now.

You would think someone with some balls would have backed up the talk with some actual proof?

The most helpful post in the entire thread. /end sarcasm

No, not a single fucking person that has consistent grows, grow after grow that tried this and upped their yield by 4 oz per plant showed that this works.

You're so enlightened that you don't need reading comprehension to apply. After all, NOWHERE in this thread did the op point out, now would a person with a brain be able to deny, why side by side is not doable. NOWHERE in this thread did people with years of experience, running same strains, week/month in, week/month out, with consistent established weights, try this method and post massive increases in yield. Nope, not anywhere in this thread. /end sarcasm

Bassy59

so i dont really wanna read 276 pages of arguing back and forth lol so to sum up are we leaning to a yes or no on defoliation? :)

Then you don't want to learn whether it's for you or not. You don't have the ability to use your own mind and decide for yourself based on learning from the experience of others.

Leave this thread, stay a sheep, follow the flock. The flock will tell you when to eat, when to drink. Just do what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.