What's new

Deezy's shipping container

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Somehow I read that and didn't even notice u put step bit lol. My bad. Guess I needed that nap I just took!

I need to try a mono with Jd
Always been 1-3 plants type of runs. I think she wants different things. I can't seem to get the girth out of them. Stack decent and all. Just dense lil nuggets. My cookies tops get pretty darn fat. Same with dub.
I know if I put 16-25 1 gallons a light it would yield over all really well.

1Maconheiro

Sick build and nice strain pool you have there, I want to be like you when I grow up. I'm in for the ride i'm sure ill learn something watching a pro like you do your thing.. thanks..

fuggzy

So I was felling happy and a bit proud of my newly acquired gear, and then I got to the second sentence.
I bought this 20' shipping container last September....

Then I realized I really need to reevaluate my goals. :wallbash:

This is awesome, and I cant wait to see what comes of it. Best of luck with the transition to a sealed setup, although I doubt you'll need it.

Good luck, & have fun :tiphat:
Fuggzy

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Sir a mono of jf would be nice... for some reason im just not meant to grow that plant...
Deez Lovin that 2in rmax... goin through same shit with my build man... takin hella to long to finish n plans changing along the way do to finances ... my first 100% sealed room to...thinkin im gonna skip the aircooled lights do one run unvented hps get paid n switch to de my room is perfect for them... n itll save me from cuttin huge vent holes which would need to patched after one run...... u got plants in there yet??? wonder who be up an runnin first... hopefully me my veg is god damn life support over a month...good luck homie... get er done. ..T

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
So I was felling happy and a bit proud of my newly acquired gear, and then I got to the second sentence.

Then I realized I really need to reevaluate my goals. :wallbash:

This is awesome, and I cant wait to see what comes of it. Best of luck with the transition to a sealed setup, although I doubt you'll need it.

Good luck, & have fun :tiphat:
Fuggzy

Did you get online an start a savings plan for a container too :biggrin:

Goals!!!!

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Did you get online an start a savings plan for a container too...
I was rather thinking about a savings plan for the electricity bill rather than the container.
How much, at a rough estimate, does one have to pay electricity wise for such a setup in the states?

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
in southern CA, with summer rates in the top tier I'm paying $0.30/kwh...my expectations are that my bill will be in the 600/mo range including general living use...that takes into account that I'm also using an evaporative cooler to cool my house which is a HUGE savings(16hrs of evap cooler equivalent energy consumption to 1 hr of central AC!) my house is always 59-60f at about 8am, and the temp slowly climbs throughout the day to ultimately around 75-76f in the late afternoon when my cooler is in direct sunlight for a few hours.

stone- I'm only venting lights because the minisplit that was given to me is only a 1 ton, and it simply cant keep up with even 3 unvented lights this time of year...but my thinking on it has always been: it's basically a 10:1 ratio in terms of power consumption by placing the full heat load onto the a/c, I understand that glass takes away a little light, but in theory one could technically add an extra light or two just by eliminating some of the unneccesary load on the a/c and still use the same amount of power; now I'm no rocket scientist but I'd think I'd yield more in total by adding an extra light or two than I would by removing the glass on all of the ones that are there and using the equivalent amount of power to run additional lights on an A/C...air cooling lights effectively removes around 2000btu/hr for each light so by air cooling say 6 lights you are effectively removing 1ton of heat with about 100w of inline fan...1 ton of cooling is roughly the equivalent of 1000w...so size the a/c down a ton and add a light right? even if glass takes away 10% of PAR, the difference in available light is 30%of one light(6 lights x 100w lost to glass= 600w+100w...so same power additional 300w or so of total light...kinda redundant I suppose, but big, efficient a/c's aren't cheap, so cost of that is also something to consider) for inline more by giving a light and an inline fan power instead of an a/c...at least that's how I make sense of it! lol

hole's are cheap and easy to patch...lol

I'm hoping to have ladies moved in around the beginning of next week, but I'm not rushing it...I'd rather be damn sure that I've covered everything, and I won't be rushing into problems...and I've kept things going in the tents for the mean time, one of em is at 29 days and the other is at day 3...as soon as the container is good to go those one's will be getting moved in.

I'm cutting my duct holes into the floor, should be easy enough to repair once the gavitas come.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
yeah I thought about it, that's what most containers converted into houses etc. use, but in the long run the $ was about the same, and I just figured the panels would make things easier/cleaner for me...plus spray foam isn't sandwiched in between two layers of radiant barrier either, not that the foil really makes a huge impact.

I am concerned with potential condensation forming on the walls in between the rmax panels and the steel paneling of the walls though, there is an airgap...it's just one of those things I'm going to have to wait and see I guess...but it would not be a good situation at all...

so, I picked up a $50 Milwaukee step up bit and some thread cutting oil...the combination made short work of that hole that's been giving me hell! So thank you very much Dropped Cat! I never would have guessed that drilling 2 holes could have cost me close to $200 not including my hammer drill!($50 step up, $30 in harbor freight step ups, $50 hole saw, like 6 busted worm bits, cutting oil, sheesh)...glad they're done, to say the least.

Golden Tree

Such a nice set up my friend....

I've always dreamed of burying...and setting up an old train car to grow in...

Your shipping container is soooo awesome...inspiring!

Good luck...and thanks for sharing so much...congrats on your cup!

Anyways...I'll be checking this thread out daily...happy gardening...;)

Be well

GT

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I'm back and forth on epoxy or bedliner coating/rubberized under coating for the floor... any thoughts? obviously offgassing is a concern either way, so if it's something I'm going to do I need to do it VERY soon.

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Epoxy doesn't really gas off, at least not the one I used ;) . It's also very impermeable and tightly close in everything underneath (especially when using the liquid ones which fill every crack). On the other hand, most epoxis are very hard and not comfortable to walk upon.
But maybe you're talking about something else...

HL45

Veteran
That white rubbery roof coat is pretty badass. I've used it a time or two and liked it a lot, it's easy to clean also.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Epoxy doesn't really gas off, at least not the one I used ;) . It's also very impermeable and tightly close in everything underneath (especially when using the liquid ones which fill every crack). On the other hand, most epoxis are very hard and not comfortable to walk upon.
But maybe you're talking about something else...

I figured it wouldn't after the initial cure, I'm talking specifically about the 2-part garage floor coating... I could do the entire floor for less than $100...the Chinese plywood has a weird smell, gotta get that covered!

Only Ornamental

Veteran
$100 for the entire floor? That's cheap! I'd say go for it!! :D
Yes, if mixed properly, the two part epoxy resins have basically no outgas once dried and they don't degrade, contain no plasticisers, no pesticides, no whatever; just one huge block of polymerised resin and nothing else. And even before they have reacted, the quantity of volatiles is low to moderate as they contain no solvents either (hardener simply stink quite strong but that's due the chemical structure, not the quantity).
I love epoxys, they are so versatile, durable, UV-resistant, you can wash them even with most strong chemicals and solvents, add coloured pigments, seal in whatever you want, use them for pet stuff (terrariums, ponds), wet and outdoor surfaces...

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Hey brother!

Glad to see you're getting this up and running. Based on recent experiences up here, this has been starting to look better every day. I'm leaning towards the 40' containers with 10 lights in each one. Adjust-A-Wings, AC, and CO2 burners. I thought about the tanks, but hauling those things around will be a pain. I'll be running coco DTW. I like to run soil on the farm, but for commercial indoor production I love coco.

I would have used the whole container for flowering, but I can understand why you did it this way. It will be nice to have everything self contained, and not have to haul things in and out. Will you be drying inside the room? Nice lineup of genetics! I've been out of the loop too long. I'm going to have to link up with some of our friends and grab some of those. I still have not got to run that Bloody Mary, and after the recent issues up here I lost some of my genetics.

I'll be watching!