What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

deepsoul's ak48

deepsoul

there are many steeper learning curves in life:wink:
I really don't think the females have been pollinated....
there appears to be only one seed...
Am keeping the male to pollinate with the females and he has only a few branches with flowers left.....we will see

If your lower leaves are starting to yellow, they need some N. If they are still rooting, you can foliar feed them with a weak PH'd nutrient solution. I usually foliar feed them twice during rooting, using Foxfarm Grow Big.

deepsoul

2 weeks flower

2 weeks flower

hi budgood, yeah maybe I should give the clones something to eat, and maybe change to hps light in the cab...

I have been trying the girls down and I think (hope) that they have stopped stretching...I had a look at them this morning and they havent seen to have grown much taller...this is after lights out..everyother day I have seen growth..

As a gestimate I think they are 1.2 metres tall one is topped so it has 4 main branches..and with the other the lower branches are mayeb a foot less in hight then the top...

Will have to take soem better pics with something to bring them into scale..

Oh do you think my clones need a feed?

I am goona have to work out how Im goona keep these clones around for another 6-7 weeks..with them healthy and ready to go into flower...

so tired...some pics...

deepsoul

hi :wave:

I had a very good day with the arrival of new beans

Sweet Cindy 99 and White widow... I celebrated by buying a new pipe and grinder...i usually smoke joints so havn't had a pipe for yonkers....should be a little treat , im about to christen it with a fresh bag....

the girls have defineatly stopped the stretch and are coming along swell...didnt get time to take pics before lights out...

oh and thats a record sleeve used as the background for the photo...so no body go hassle the person with the name on it...!

The clones in the cloner look great! They just need a little foliar feed, make sure to "wash" the leaves with plain water a few times after. I've had crappy burning on clones because of not "washing". They probably could use some nutes too...Have you ever heard of Clonex? It's a rooting nutrient, try looking for it.

As far as flowering goes, a bit of N isn't bad, provided you don't give them too much. I haven't seen any N deficiency this time, I think it is because of the peruvian seabirg guano tea they got at the start of flowering, as well as whatever N is in the soil and nutes. I use CO2 though, which causes the buggers to feed *extremely* fast. Before I got CO2 I never had a problem with excessive yellowing in flowering. Now I have to make sure they have enough to stay green & healthy at least til day 35-40ish. Yellowing after that is OK in my book, unless it's a long-flowering sativa.

Last edited:

deepsoul

roots freak me out

roots freak me out

hey bg2006,

yeah clonex...umm the cloning gel..yeah i used some of dat..hehe

I must confess that roots kinda freak me a little...they look so strange..alien like huh...
im on my 14th day of being hungover... I got some bad news bout 2 weeks ago that I havnt been able to deal with so I have been getting very very drunk... every day...im goona have to smack my head around later today (sunday) and sober up...

I dare not take pics of the roots from my females, those suckers really freak me...some are nearly half a pencil thick in width...and ohh so many of em..curled around my air curtains and each other...remind me of nightmares when i was sick as a kid...

these ak48s were really easy to clone, but I dont have any comparison...but ya know a bit of clonex and do water and patience and this is it

again i didnt take pics of the girls..i find it quite boring watching them flower. maybe in another 2 weeks or so they might excite me when they start to fatten up..i have to admit i like the smell filling my house and the stickyness of leaves coming from the calyxes.....i had a few open male flowers in there that i dusted the lower calyxes on one of the girls with....i will cut all of the male down now...well leave just enough for it to stay alive anyway..

Im pondering over buying another light and setting up another area..hmmm

just not very centerd in myself at the moment..so hesitant about doing stuff

Last edited:

deepsoul

week 3 flower update

week 3 flower update

hola

i took a few photos today....

my house stinks, but when i walk outside I smell similar smells so I am not too worried...

so we are on week 3 of 12/12, i have not changed my water in the tubs in over a month...only topped up with water and then adjusted with ph down and it seems once it has settled the ph will maintain 5.8- 6 range for about a week or more .... ms on both tubs have about 1 ms of nutes in em..i havnt added nutes for at least 4 weeks....and so far see no problems really...

the smell and stickyness of these girls is a little crazy...

one female has been topped the other hasn't..the one that has been topped has four colas around the size of the main cola on the untopped one and all of these are around 1 foot .... some lower branches are up at close to the height of the cola on the untopped one, which is tied down...and they are 35 inch stems..

the lower branches on the untopped plant that i smeared polen on seem to be growing quite afe seeds and a few seeds have shown up throught...due to accidental pollination....there are no male flowers left in my cab..

so here a few pics...I wish i could take a pic of the whole garden but its too enclosed to be able to do so...

if i have at least five weeks to go I am getting scared as to how these buds are goona turn out...
if they start to stink more I will have to make a carbon filter and I guess when they start to fatten up I will have to support their weights from the top of cab with string....the resin there is enough to stick my fingers together....

Actually Deepsoul, there is a Clonex gel, but there is also a Clonex nutrient, similar to the Olivias liquid, that is specifically meant for clones. It does help keep them nice and green throughout rooting.

deepsoul

hi folks,
sorry I haven't been around...
I kinda had a breakdown and had to finally go to the doctors to get medication for depression and I am so glad that I have done so...for me its most likely hereditary and well I look forward to every new day now :smile:

Hech I even met a beautiful new lady on this weekend so i am very happy at the moment... everything got a little crazy in my life about a week ago..heheh...I couldn;t leave the house....So I am not smoking now, but hope to sample my homegrown in about a month...

So yeah I think I have a bout 4 weeks to go on the ak48s, which havnt been without problems as when my depression was really bad I neglected to look after my ph and unfortunately in one tub i let it sit at about 4.5 for a week and have really bad ph spotting...and I raised the light which removed the power from the fan that extracts the heat from the bulb which led to really bad radiant heat burn..sigh....but I have fixed that all up now...my only problem ebing is that in one tub I have a dying male..and if its roots start to rot its goona take out the female that is also in the same tub.....grrr...

ya live and learn... :smile:

Here are a few pics of my eight clones...I have fed them with some canna nutes and its been amazing to watch them come green again...they are in about 15 litres of water under twin 20 watt fluros..so 40 watts of a very purple light...they are looking good...

I promise I will take some pics of the ak48s in flower during the new week as they do look good too..soo many resin glands..and maybe a few more seeds then I had planned for...

anywayz clone pics...

deepsoul

oh.. I only really want to keep about 4 of those clones as I really would like to start some sweet cindy 99.....and I have decided just to stick to my 600watt cab....just a little less stress for my head at the moment... I havnt changed bulbs to hps yet, but I think I will for the last month of flowering.. Money wise I could buy another light, but yeah I think I will start to stress with another grow area in my house, and heck it does take a fair bit of work just to look after this one :smile:

deepsoul

day49 flowershoot

day49 flowershoot

hi folks..

just took the time to take a few snaps of some smaller buds at day 49..how long ya reckon they have to go? I like the colouring :smile:

deepsoul

hey folks.. i dont get it..there is something like 7070 views on my thread and maybe only 135 posts here, and most of them are probably fro me...not much support fellow growers and i am making loads of mistakes with my grow too...

anywayz it doesnt matter but do ya reckon those trichomes look clear or cloudy? i will wait for some amber...

peace and love to you all..

ps I am really liking the muave colouring going on. and i think we will all have a better perspective when i can get the buds out of the cab and take photos with something in them to show scale..smell most of the time is like cat piss pretty much..

my clones are no longer clones even though they are under 40 watt of fluros they have close internodes and will have veg of a week before flower i think...

i am keen to move on...

soon i think... i wanna flush but cant really get the water out as the roots and plants are too big...and its just too hard to work in there...!!!

Last edited:

Technique

hey mate, hows it going?

i've just did a flush on my tiny system i had here. i'm going to be lucky to even get 14grams of it haha. but not to worry.

some new beanz on the way and hopefully going to start on a bigger more managable setup with a single plant instead of a few.

yours is looking good at this point anyway

its not like og hey, there was so much help on there. and advice while growing.

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
THEY'RE ALL CLOUDY AND i CAN SPOT A FEW AMBER IN THERE TOO DEEP ...
sorry capslock!
lovely plants and nice grow

keep watchin em they'll be ready soon!

Peace