What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

deepsoul's ak48

deepsoul

10 x cuttings of female...
hopefully they will all grow roots

ahh I would love a cone or few and whilst i can get alot on credit....its just not my style..

wish me luck with the cuttings...

B4O2N0G

Your males nodes look a little spaced out,and one out of the two i have the nodes are very close and its very indica,so i hope its female.The other one looks a little more spaced and more like your males,but only time will tell.Did you decide to reveg or continue flowering your two females.I usually cut the bottoms of water bottles and fill them with seed starting soil.then i have rooting powder and cut the clone,dip in the powder and stick it in the soil and wet it.also you might want to label the diff clones to maybe pick the better phenotype to continue growing if thats a option.peace.

JBLUNTS

Check my AK-48's everyone...

Check my AK-48's everyone...

Here are my AK-48's! They're 25 days from seed, still in veg, under this beautiful T5 fixture. I'm about at the 5th or 6th node. My nodes are super close w/ this badass light.

I've got a 400w HPS Grolux that they'll be going under soon. Not sure when I'll put them into flowering yet. My space will only allow 3 about 3 footers...so I'm not really sure when I should put into flower???

My digi cam is really shitty. I tried to take some shots of the pistils but they look pretty blurr. Can anyone tell male or female on any of these shots?

deepsoul

b402:yeah i put em back in reveg..the male i hacked the top off but the damn thing is just a bush...lovely plant....its prolly close to 3 feet...err with huge roots...I will take some pics soon...ish...

I noticed that as these plants grw taller so did the lower branches seem to stretch...as if feeding the main stem....and all othese plants are kinda like that..so I didnt bother labelling the clones fromt he two females as thare pretty much the same except one has more lower branches.. so I am just sorta crusing along with it all at the moment...goona have to keep cutting the male back as it just grows and the roots are really growing... I can see myself with at least one 5 foot female within 4 weeks..and then if these clones root ( don't see why they shouldn't ) I will be able to give them a two week veg( hopefully and then just flip to flower so at least I will get a decent yeild of that one female.....the other female I think I may have messed up as its not ina netpot..just a pot with holes and I wann get it out of it hehehe...

pics will prolly make more sense when I take em....

jblunts: nice looking plants.... have you sexed em yet?

don't make my mistake eh... i guess it depends what ya want out of em tho...

I have realised tho that my 600 in there with the glass and aircooling and the ac and all the huge extract can let the plants tops get really close...but if one side Of my cab has 5 foot plants in and the other only clones its goona be pretty screwed eh?!
we will see what happens...

deepsoul

ok some quick snaps...pretty crap photos really havn't had a smoke in a week...

i got the tape measure out and even after I chopped about a foot off the main stem of the male 2 days ago the rest of it measures 3 feet.... I would love to have females of this plant..but heck it would take alot of work to end up with one...

female 01..a runty one...but not really...just doent have many lower branches...and i didnt take the lower branches as clones....

so heres the female err keeper...she would be 2 1/2 feet cept i snapped her stem again yesterday...anywayz....

ph is 5.8
mS is 1.8
ppt..im not sure..

still in flower nutes...

ciao

JBLUNTS

deepsoul: No, I havn't sexed them yet. That's why I'm waiting for...
I'm gonna throw them into flower this weekend. They're becoming huge bushes. Ever since I jacked my rez up to 1200 PPM, they've been flurishing. I'm using FloraNova grow with Floralicious Plus, SM-90, and Hydroguard, all in R/O water. This has been working great for me so far! I even was using SubCulture AND Hydroguard together the last time. Seemed like they jumped after putting in the SubCulture.

Anyways...This is my 1st grow so I have never sexed before (i.e. I am a virgin to sexing). It almost looks like I have 4 girls but I think it may be too soon, not sure :confused:

Last edited:

deepsoul

what am i doing!!

what am i doing!!

hi folks :wave:

been a lil while since I updated..been way to buzy living my many lives...
havent smoked for a few weeks but looking forward to tokeing up on the weekend....

well where am I... sheesh dunno... the clones I originally took started to yellow so i took some more and built a ghetto bubbler for them...I will update that soon...

I snapped a female in half , cut the male from 4 foot down to 2 and a half and have a 38 inch female... which unfortunately is in the same 50 litre tub as the male and they both drink about 20 lites every 2 days and well the roots are an overgrow tangle... they especially like to wrap around my air curtains....

Its a bit too hard to take photos of a whole tree...but heres a pic of 38 inch female , 2 days into flower ....I wont reveg again hahaha...

i am almost tempted to just let the male and female seed and restart again with a different strain and another area...and learn from the mistakes I have made...I dunno yet I am way too buzy to do much at the moment.. but also grow the seeds from these two as they are very nice plants...very nice.

I have a question tho..... Is it ok to cut back roots in this type of system? i have allways thought that a plant will die if you cut its tap root...but i just started to wonder....

deepsoul

I wonder what one will yeild off of a 3 and a half foot ak48.... a little bit i spose...

shame mine never looked as good as yours : Jblunts:
maybe ya should sex em sooner then i did...dunno...don't know your specs...

I thought I would mention that it seems that alot of us new growers seem to get the rusty leaves and spotting... and i am just wondering if my conclusion might be close in that its just too much nutes... not enough to burn... but enough to cause these symptoms..either way when i ever get rid of the nutes i have in my water ..i am going to go for much less..seems to apply for alot of things in life....less is more...dunno...

Technique

i'd say too many nutes.. mine did that when i gave them a little too much but i quickly changed the res and its all good and green again!

i got a few clones off my female plants tho.. which i hope is going to keep me going for a while.

they all started to root within 5 days and now are fighting on!

seriously its worth setting up a veg area! and just have a few good girls growing all the time.

deepsoul

technique: i reckon too many nutes too... it just seems to be a constant problem with many of us...and yeah i would like to set up a seperate veg area..its a problem though with the high temps as im sure ya know... i think I will set one up though within the month ...

BudGood2006: I may have gotten so many males, but I think I may be rewarded with a good mother..she has a lot of promise...there is some nice colouring there and its a bushy vigorous plant...the male is much better... hmmmm.... i think I would be foolish to not seed them.. they need to be growen out though :smile:

we will all see what happens

Technique

you only need two decent fluros.. or a few compact fluros on for about 18-20 hours a day for the mother room.. dont want things going too wild in there. just a nice consistant groth all the time.. and keep stealing little babies off her.. and multiply..

then bam under your hps and you'll be laughing yourself all the way to the banko...

if thats what your into..

thats all i am aiming for at the moment.. caus as you know .... still not setup with the hps.. which i think is going to be a while off..

Technique

deepsoul said:
BudGood2006: I may have gotten so many males, but I think I may be rewarded with a good mother..she has a lot of promise...there is some nice colouring there and its a bushy vigorous plant...the male is much better... hmmmm.... i think I would be foolish to not seed them.. they need to be growen out though :smile:

oh and about the seeding..

how about growing the female out to give you a bit of yeild to keep things kicking on in that bong of yours..

and then leaving a few little nugs on there and re flower for a few weeks and then let the male at her??

just an idea.

BudGood2006: I may have gotten so many males, but I think I may be rewarded with a good mother..she has a lot of promise...there is some nice colouring there and its a bushy vigorous plant...the male is much better... hmmmm.... i think I would be foolish to not seed them.. they need to be growen out though

Exactly.... Patience, young Skywalker. The Force is strong with this one. :D Hopefully you get mostly females. Peace...

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
so dude has the high air exchange done eany justice for odor controle ,has it helped or hurt the ability to conseal the odor ?just currious ,your yeald wont be ggreat but the stone will be ,grow it manytimes and people always ask for it by name ,good three month cure and it wont be forgotten

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
i would put a clear trash bag over my male with a stick to hold it up ,take your harvest ,when he pops move it out the room ,gently cut the plastic ,use some scisors to cut his scrotem off ,let fall into a bottle dark colerd if ya got one ,then use a small paint brush to seed the budds of choice and labbel ,this works well if using many differant males and one mom for mulitpul crosses in limited time and space peace

deepsoul

hehehe
yes BudGood2006 : the force may be strong with these ones :smile:

wantaknow: I don't know if the airflow has done any justice regarding odour??

since I pulled all the males bar one...the smell has gone...As I vent from my cab out of the room its in, to the main living room sure it was stinking...but now its not... I guess I may be able to answer that question within the month...

So I just found a pile of pollen on the aluminum foil I use to cover the sites that I had netpots in....Its from one branch that I have left on the single male as I cut all other branches that were flowering off it...except for this one as it sits on top of my tubs...

I doubt it will have pollinated the pistols that are slowly pushing out of my two females... either way I got rid of that pollen ..most male flowers are dropping off when I run my hand along them....obviously some opened..

oh one of my clones had a root show up on it..it broke off tho as I just updated the cloner to a bubbler with foam inserts to hold the clones in place...don't bother me none as I dipped em all in clonex...and changed to more of a purple light.. a grow lux fluro , I think the other was too bright as alot of the cuts started to yellow..im pumping alot of air in there and well the rest are on about day 3 of flower..I think they kept growing pistols and male flowers even though I went back to veg... they stay in flower now for good..

Last edited:

deepsoul

weak 8 update

weak 8 update

hulloo :wave:

not much to say really.

I haven't flushed my tubs for maybe 3 weeks, and have seen no problems..

Good lesson to learn there...dont waste ya nutes by flushing your water..heheh... Just been topping up with water and adjusting ph and everything is going well.

i made a bubbler cloner and got some cloning gell and a week later things are looking good...

heres some pics:

bubble cloner from the top...its under two x 2 foot lucagrow fluros, and I have been wondering because of the way that the leaves have been yellowinf if it may be too much ligh for cloning..but either way they are growing roots..maybe I will be able to keep mothers under this...I have a few strains on order..

bubble cloner underneath...8 clones of the ak48 in there... all starting to root..dunno what Im goona do with em... well keep a mother at least...

a pic of a top of a branch with calyxes pushing out...im about a week and a half into flower..im goona change bulbs to hps in a few days ( i hate the look of the light emitted but if its good for em, so be it....)

and finally a pic of the top of one female....its getting close to 4 foot..the other is maybe half a foot behind it, but as I topped it, its got about 4 branches that look like being main colas..but on both I have snapped stems to give lower branches time to reach up to the light..so i loads of branches that are nearly even with the top of the plant

Im not goona say what I have on order till I get em....

later :smile:

Latest posts

Latest posts