What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Stoner Thoughts

St. Phatty

When it's 32 degrees on the valley floor

and all the roads are wet

driving can be very entertaining :lurk:

Who REALLY knows what road conditions are ?

the insurance company, 1 or 2 hours after the roads get entertaining.

G

Plants don't become obese and lazy when they're given access to unlimited resources.

But they -can- eat themselves into severe distress.

They just drive more slowly, and therefore, tend to be more safe in general. You never hear about plants engaging in road rage.

I mean, sure, every now and then a tree falls across the road, but it's done in such a way that the tree can still claim that it was an accident, and no one can typically prove any different.

St. Phatty

Plants don't become obese and lazy when they're given access to unlimited resources.

good point.

are there any plants that behave like Humans ?

when I bought my current home, I visited the state forestry people to buy their "150 trees for $18" deal.

It's a mix of evergreens.

I was talking about using compost etc. to feed the trees and the forestry science guy suggested "being careful about that".

The problem with plants being overfed unfortunately comes back to one of my favorite subjects - wildfire.

They grow too big in the spring, when they have water and CO2 supplementation.

The CO2 never stops, but the water runs out.

For wild plants, their root mass needs to match the above ground part of the plant, and that needs to be in balance with their home.

I don't know how wild animals get water for themselves 4 or 5 months a year, but I feel sorry for them.

The trees can sometimes pull some moisture out of the air, using their leaves.

It would be great if animals could do that.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Some insects and small animals can and do use condensation to survive.
I know that a stainless steel screen will condense morning dew to keep coastal plants watered

That gets me wondering if deer channel the condensation on their horns to their mouths.
Hmmm, I'll have to look into that.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Some insects and small animals can and do use condensation to survive.
I know that a stainless steel screen will condense morning dew to keep coastal plants watered

That gets me wondering if deer channel the condensation on their horns to their mouths.
Hmmm, I'll have to look into that.

there are certain species of antelope that lick the dew from herd members to survive in the desert. think the Arabian Oryx is one.

St. Phatty

Many situations in Life are "Good News, Bad News" Situations.

The Bad News is, my pet bird has Pubic Lice.

The Good News is ... She didn't get it from me ! :bump:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
If Pinocchio said “my nose is about to grow”, what would happen?

Pinocchio is not like Chump, not EVERYTHING he says is a lie. he COULD be telling the truth, and is ABOUT to lie... if Chumps mouth opens, it is a lie...unless he's stuffing down a Big Mac.

St. Phatty

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/35...-carbine-length-gas-system-15-mlok-rail-upper

Highly recommended.

It is a wierd sort of paradox.

When I first graduated college, American factories made all sorts of cool stuff. :groupwave:

Seriously Psychedelic - any working factory !

But it's sort of wierd, one of the things the US is still a technology world leader, is firearms.

350 Legend. I think it's one of the best caliber choices for an AR15 platform.

Made at the Bear Creek Armory factory in North Carolina.

Attachments

• 350-legend2.jpg
    350-legend2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 53

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Pinocchio is not like Chump, not EVERYTHING he says is a lie. he COULD be telling the truth, and is ABOUT to lie... if Chumps mouth opens, it is a lie...unless he's stuffing down a Big Mac.

You really are a sick individual. The guy is gone, you have your woman president, yet you can't let your tee vee message-driven hate go. STFU about Trump, he is more a man than you will ever be, and a Patriot.

it is going to be interesting to hear the liberals want the old America back.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Great day in America, ay? buahahahahaha

Feeling much better these days...not just because the political landscape has changed and the indictments on the horizon.

But, I also have been battling a medical condition for 3 1/2 yrs now and can say that it looks like I have crested the hill after a surgery.

Life is good and the dope is tasty.

....I might just start to break out in song.

minds_I

Mary57

Happy post-surgery, neighbour.

I can't stand what Proposition 64 has done to my neighbours but I do love what it has done to my relationship with my father. Investment and the stock market finally make sense to me for no other reason than that people who aren't me are now allowed to trade cannabis stocks instead of just things like pork bellies, Big Oil and Big Pharma.

My father thought I was stupid because he couldn't comprehend the fact that I just didn't care.

It is true that I can't really comprehend facts like why some Doctor in Malibu can care so much about me for forty bucks and why the people on this internet forum board who trade in stocks on Wall Street haven't had me banned yet.

All I know is that it has something to do with this plant called "Cannabis" that I have loved all of my life, that it is very profound, and that I want to learn more about this plant so I can start taking the best care of my garden that I possibly can.

I'm a 215 patient and my Doctor says I can because my Doctor is my Doctor and he says that the sherriff is nothing but a sherrif. My Doctor says Prop64 has nothing to do with me so I don't need to give the sherriff $200 because my Doctor says so.

It has something to do with "the Sunset Clause" but MY Doctor was pissed.

Now that's profound.

Latest posts

Latest posts