What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Congo

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
More like this!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

JACKBAYBEH

Jack, you know about my turdishness... I'm going to try and self these two expressions that pop up frequently in my Purple F4 line. if you still have wants/needs for this line, well you know. TurdGreen out!

I ran the BTTC beans that Richard gifted me. I wound up with flowers that fit the EvergreenState report on the previous page. Down,Down,Down to the Congo. Not saying it was a bad thing. Really unique smell and taste. I just associated the effect I got with more of a DC dom phenos. My girls were squat and more broad leaf also. I would think that a more Congo dom pheno would be way more in the head. Or, am I wrong? Would love to run the F gen of your stock that would give me the best shot at heavy Congo leaners.
Have you ordered Chimera's Congo/SS fem yet?? I bet the Congo/BlockHead would be good also. :biggrin: Awesome customer service at his new spot.

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shit got hectic a while back and I let you down. I want to send you something special when the time is right. I'm close,but spread thin...
And you know a pack of Congo x SS in en route.

I also saw Dudi made Congo#3 x Ethiopian.... must have!

JACKBAYBEH

No worries my man. Life happens and it's easy to get side tracked. I am one of the worst when it comes to that. I appreciate your offer all the same and hope you are doing well.

I missed the Congo#3 x Ethiopian news. Definitely sounds like a must have. Is it for sale yet??

nice f4's lean
2017 is the 10th anniversary of this strain and thanks to all that have been along for the ride and all the best to your deep congo grows in the future
By way of my own thoughts on pheno hunting this line dont always think of the Deep Chunk fatherhood of this hybrid to be the dirty dark cousin we are trying to breed away from but rather a contributor of some very important genes wrt potency and complexity that in my view is a synergistic combination of the qualities of the congo in their terpenes and the potency density and earthiness. dont construe this as stepping on the sativa high with the dirty indica deep chunk it is far from that I fondly remember the time tom sent me a couple rock hard dense crystal covered nugs of his outdoor grown deep chunk it was very hallucinegenic and uplifting and far from any old bored indica so just remember that in your choices in breeding I try and be inclusive of both phenotypes to give a balance personally i do like the taste of the sativa pheno a bit more sandlewoody and a little less diesel, but i enjoy both in my smoking humidor.
Fortunately in Canada we now have grow licences and testing available so its going to be a very interesting year breeding this line i cant wait to run a terpene profile on it.
In the meantime beans from last years swamp breeding grow are with H Depot
cheers Richard

Last edited:

Dr.King

Veteran
nice f4's lean
2017 is the 10th anniversary of this strain and thanks to all that have been along for the ride and all the best to your deep congo grows in the future
By way of my own thoughts on pheno hunting this line dont always think og the Deep Chunk fatherhood of this hybrid to be the dirty dark cousin we are treying to breed away from buit rather a contributor of some very important genes wrt potency and complexity that in my view is a synergistic combination of the qualities of the congo in their terpenes and the potency density and earthiness. dont construe this as stepping on the sativa high with the dirty indica deep chunk it is far from that I fondly remember the time tom sent me a couple rock hard dense crystal covered nugs of his outdoor grown deep chunk it was very hallucinegenic and uplifting and far from any old bored indica so just remember that in your choices in breeding I try and be inclusive of both phenotypes to give a balance personally i do like the taste of the sativa pheno a bit more sandlewoody and a little less diesel, but i enjoy both in my smoking humidor.
Fortunately in Canada we now have grow licences and testing available so its going to be a very interesting year breeding this line i cant wait to run a terpene profile on it.
cheers Richard

Thanks Richard for keeping these genetics a live and well. This is the reason I purchased 80 of these seeds for early generation pheno hunting. Interesting year for all indeed with all the legalization happening :tiphat:.

Ronni

And you know a pack of Congo x SS in en route.

I also saw Dudi made Congo#3 x Ethiopian.... must have!

I think it's a different Congo tho Ace Seeds is working with. If you're interested in Congolese strains, also check Lilly and Queen Mother from Delicatessen seeds and maybe something with Tropical seed companies Congo Point Noire.

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice f4's lean
By way of my own thoughts on pheno hunting this line dont always think of the Deep Chunk fatherhood of this hybrid to be the dirty dark cousin we are trying to breed away from but rather a contributor of some very important genes wrt potency and complexity that in my view is a synergistic combination of the qualities of the congo in their terpenes and the potency density and earthiness. dont construe this as stepping on the sativa high with the dirty indica deep chunk it is far from that I fondly remember the time tom sent me a couple rock hard dense crystal covered nugs of his outdoor grown deep chunk it was very hallucinegenic and uplifting and far from any old bored indica so just remember that in your choices in breeding I try and be inclusive of both phenotypes to give a balance personally i do like the taste of the sativa pheno a bit more sandlewoody and a little less diesel, but i enjoy both in my smoking humidor.
cheers Richard
Hello my friend! I've always included a mixed palate of genes from the Deep Congo cross. Turpene wise, I like the dainty ones. The Chunk leaning frosty ones are the money makers though. My F4s combined both types.:tiphat:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
i ran BTTC too. in greenhouse. and i was dissapointed I didnt find anything what would remind me deep chunk, no colour either. especially taste, no masculine tones. jsut sweet nutty musky flavors-- with some anise spice maybe. i got four females. i wanted something like Ponde was reffering about taste. but nope. though i cant complain about the effect, something special and different. real ride that comes in waves.. haha quality effect. and very quick flowering for such effect....

for example, i love flavors of bangi haze.. its hazy, BTTC is not..

Last edited:
Lean, thanks for combining the both types in the F4

Maha, thanks for trying The BTTC glad you liked the ride of the high, hope you did some F2's maybe you can find a pheno suitable to your taste...
Ive always found the deep colors.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i ran BTTC too. in greenhouse. and i was dissapointed I didnt find anything what would remind me deep chunk, no colour either. especially taste, no masculine tones. jsut sweet nutty musky flavors-- with some anise spice maybe. i got four females. i wanted something like Ponde was reffering about taste. but nope. though i cant complain about the effect, something special and different. real ride that comes in waves.. haha quality effect. and very quick flowering for such effect....

for example, i love flavors of bangi haze.. its hazy, BTTC is not..

I agree I ran bttc to and have the same opinion... I liked the high but didn't care for the nutty flavor which faded with time ... But I only had one plant so in no way can judge the line.... and would like to run them again at some point...
bangi haze is my favorite strain I got from ace I've ran so far by a long shot... I've ran there bangi, bttc, nepjam, Tikal, panama, Malawi, bangi with the win by far. 2 phenos 1 was a runt plant didn't give me shit for yield n wouldn't grow right but tasted of apples n chem... the 2nd pheno was amazing slight apple taste to but had sumthin evil mixed with it, like a refinery off the jersey turnpike buds were super greased buds coated in oil.. I liked her so much I tried a reveg which failed... definitely gonna look through more of them in the near future... that plant was a winner n would of stuck around here for some time ...

N

NBE One !

Tc's cj has a nutty ~ Earthy - Vegative undergrowth flavour, 917. gg4 like vigor