What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Congo

nice work those look healthy.
the phat leaf ones are the deep chunk phenos, and the thinner leafed the congo phenos
both yield great smoke,

The English Cut

Hi all, I've finally read all the thread though it took me so long i've most likely forgotten most of it... a great read anyway and some inspiring photos.

Anyway back in march I popped a 5 pack of RW's Back To The Congo I got last year from ACE. I carelessly lost two seedlings to a fusarium attack and ended up with 3 females. Here are clones of the three girls, l-r #1-#3:
picture.php

#1 mother plant in the great outdoors:
picture.php

strange stuff with this one, about 1/4 of the plant is flowering since a few weeks ago. The rest of the plant is growing well, but some lower branches on one side are budding. Not sure whether to chop the branches out or let them go on flowering. Just a bit annoying not being able to spray it as part of my IPM regime.
picture.php

Seems to be a different pheno to the other two. Thick stems and branches, branches growing very tight to the stem.
picture.php

This has been the most vigorous during veg, crazy branching. Loads and loads of slender branches. A bit of weird re-vegging type things going on with the leaves looking a bit mutated, a few with 3 fingers etc despite it not having flowered. Seems to be improving now though
picture.php

I'm really happy with all three so far despite the strangeness. All smelling very nice, woody, spicy, a bit citric. Not much difference in smell between the three. The early flowers on the #1 are very lemon cleaner in smell. Really excited about these, can't wait till harvest although it seems a long way off right now. Peace, TEC.

Thanks for reading through and bumping this thread and showing
Us some back to the congos in the great outdoors
Great work on those EC
Nice and bushy.
Glad yours are exhibiting characteristic terpene expressions.

The back to the congos are bred outdoors around 49deg north latitude
Where I have been selecting for earlyness
So i would let those early flowers bud out and see
If the rest of the plant kicks over earlier too.

Out in the swamp the deers did a recent pruning ,
So ive got some short plants

Last edited:
back to the congo 2016 report

back to the congo 2016 report

hey congo folks hope your seasons went well

Here is some photos of this years swamp grow
now all harvested as it is now the rainy season
and the swamp has two feet of water.

I will also post a link to member evergreenstate grow and smoke report on his own thread,

take care all
Richard.

back to the congo review Originally Posted by EvergreenState

back to the congo review Originally Posted by EvergreenState

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330288&page=7

Originally Posted by EvergreenState View Post
I almost hate to do smoke reports because I'm pretty sensitive to how much it can realistically affect a breeders and resellers bottom line. I also don't want to mislead or misguide fellow growers on a strain because I know how important it is to make the right decision on what you are going to put in your grow space. I admit though, that being a grower, I do have a bias towards growers so I'm going to be more protective of growers. Disclaimer over.
Now I can give you my stone cold lock of a recommendation. The Richard Williams Back to the Congo is the easiest recommendation I'll ever make. This is the same strain that the great ACE Seeds released as a limited edition over a year ago. It's a cross with Tom Hill's famous Deep Chunk.
I would describe it as Down Down Down to the Congo. This is the tall, single cola and for me, a very quick finishing 48 days, Congolese pheno. The sensation, which starts very quickly, are waves of deep healing, pain relieving comfort and stone that goes from the top of your head to the tips of your toes and front to back. It feels like you are getting pulled down to the ground and you feel a deeper connection to the earth. I know that sounds hyperbolic but that's the best way to describe the feeling the Congo gives me. I love it!
I have a shorter Congo in the room that's at day 59 and I'm thinking it's got 10 days to go. I'm hoping this is the Deep Chunk pheno which is supposed to be a killer Indica and if it has a stronger stone than the taller pheno then it must be subterranean.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jack, you know about my turdishness... I'm going to try and self these two expressions that pop up frequently in my Purple F4 line. if you still have wants/needs for this line, well you know. TurdGreen out!

Latest posts

Latest posts