What's new

Deep Congo

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's kinda funny. Yesterday I was thinking about Sativagrower87's plants and he posted about them. I was also thinking about Richard out there in the swamp and he posted too. Lol! Could it be the D-con that has us all connected?

Sativagrowe87- How old are your plants? Hard to tell with the lighting ,but they look a little overfed. Is that soil real hot?

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a Deep Congo F2 that I pollinated with a pair of PTK males. I chopped it yesterday on day 79 or so.

picture.php

picture.php

S

sativagrower87

Sativagrowe87- How old are your plants? Hard to tell with the lighting ,but they look a little overfed. Is that soil real hot?
actually they are not mine. unfortunately my deep congo in outdoor didn`t survived they were eaten by some animals :frown: ... so i gave few seeds to a friend of mine and he is growing em to produce more seeds... so when they finish we planning to share those seeds:) currently they are about 2 weeks from seeds or so... when they started was pretty hot outside so thats why they looks lil strange only last few days temperature was ok...

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking stellar lean!
love to see you exploring the f3 and f4 generations, out here im still working along the backcross line lets see where it takes us,
all the best to deep congo growers!
Richard Williams
Gracias, Richard!!!! I'm not sure if the pollen took on the F3. So maybe no F4's this time. I hope luck and Mother Nature let you bring in your crops this year.

S

sativagrower87

here is little update... they are growing really fast:)
now you can see clearly pheno variations

at the beginning this one was mutated... lower leaves was bit curled but looks like new leaves normal. hard to tell but i think more sativa pheno

this one more sativaish on congo side

somewhere between but more indica

look at these leaves:D definitely pure indica pheno...

:rasta:

S

sativagrower87

thanks Lean Green!:) we planning to give them few more weeks for veg and then flip to flower...

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Veg them up and super crop them to bush them out. You will be rewarded with mucho flowers.

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
Veg them up and super crop them to bush them out. You will be rewarded with mucho flowers.

The secret to growing Deep Congo right there. The lower branches will want to hug the main stem, which seems like a good thing for indoor growing until you flip them and end up with a tall, slim thing with a nice dense bud up top and progressively sparser popcorn the further the flowers are from the light. dCon flowers need a lot of intense light to develop. Thankfully it responds extremely well to supercropping. You bend those branches over and they stay where you put them. The meristem-hugging habit allows you to create a nice even canopy with some judicious bending/crimping. And don't forget the bamboo stakes!

Lean, you're definitely in my Top 5 "ICMag Members Who's Stash Jars I'd Like To Raid". Shit, just for the seeds.

S

sativagrower87

this is how they looks now... no ferts yet only plain water:) they were on windowsill almost 2 weeks so they got lil stressed...
all
deepcongo19092010.jpg

this one deep chunk pheno:D
deepcongo119092010.jpg

mutant...
deepcongo219092010.jpg

my favorite so far:artist: congo pheno... hope this one will be female:dance013:
deepcongo319092010.jpg

deepcongo419092010.jpg

leaf details...
deepcongoleafdetail.jpg

:tiphat:

S

sativagrower87

yeah i like them too:D with this plants seeds our main goal... also we planning to collect pollen and pollinate Original Haze:rasta:

S

sativagrower87

:bump:
i think its time for lil update... but unfortunately got only one pic... all four plants females :noway: so no more seeds of this strain :frown:
deepcongo27102010001.jpg

i think this one will be purple as hell closer to the finish :D she`s already got dark purple colors on the underside of some leaves:artist:

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bummer, no males and all. Bright side, those leaves remind me of the first DCong that I grew, the whole reason why I love this strain. I'm still searching for that plant in my F2's &3's.
Please keep updating us with pics of your gals as they progress.:tiphat:

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
I see you are a sativa fan, so why not cross it with some pure sativa male.
Maybe if you have something from ACE.
I shout turn out great :artist:

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
My Deep Congo D male is going into flowering right now to make some F2's and outcrosses. I'm crossing it into several different females; UK Cheese for some '89 Skunk action, Super Jack, Dubya, Chocolope and 2 Deep Congo F1 girls, the E and the B phenos. I misidentified the B pheno as a male initially and kept it in stasis for over a year, but she's all girl, and appears to be the most Congolese-leaning pheno of all my Deep Congos. Longer, thinner floral clusters, more open structure, less Afghani funk and more spice to the resins, but with those big fat DC leaves just like her sisters. So I'll have 2 parallel F2 lines through mothers that express different parental characteristics.

I'll post photos soon. Keep up the good work with the DCon, everyone. And Richard Williams - how did it go? Did anything make it to harvest? We're desperately waiting to go Back to the Congo!

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn Ponde!! Those will be some sick crosses to grow out. Really keen to see what comes from those F2's of Dcong-B. I've flowered about 20 of my F2's and have yet to see the type of plant I'm looking for.The F3 I flowered was closer to my ideal than any of the F2's. So the hunt goes on.

I finally got around to planting my last 3 Deep Congo F1's last night, been talking about doing it for at least a year.And I'll be heart broken if they don't grow. Fingers crossed,wish me luck,prey for them and all that jazz!
If I strike out with them, my back up plan is to plant the outcrosses I've made.
Dcong(F1)xKodiak Gold
LP#1 x Dcong(F1)
Dcong(f2)x PTK