What's new

Deep Chunk - landrace of hybrid?

ocean_grown

Dang, thats actually the first time I've seen dried DC flowers. I'm gonna be running some DC x B3 by Esbe pretty soon, hope they turn out as dank as your flowers Lean Green!

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I kid. Absolutely nothing scientific about it. I don't need an hypothesis, I already know the results!

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Pine Tar Kush also has giant leaves like that of DC...maybe more so...and Tom Hill brought that to us aswell. Seems I read he obtained DC from some old Cali gentleman. I do know 1 in 100 is a hashplant pheno that is just awesome. ive had the pleasure of seeing it. problem is she was dry.

Im following up on some F1's beancounter made some yrs back. A good friend shared some of the original F1 s wth me. Deep Chunk x Cheese, plan to breed some vigor into deep chunk. Interesting point...it may not be inbreeding depression...it could be genetic.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
love the DC.

as for being a slow vegger - it grew pretty fast for me. basically it grows quick till the roots hit the sides/bottom of the pot and then it starts dropping it's leaves like confetti. repot it often and its just fine and dandy.

looks a bit like a cabbage on a stick or a brussels sprout plant.

VG

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Have any of you grown Cannacopia gear? If so do their strains carry a good representation of the DC line?

OPT

I've grown out some Chunk D (Sour diesel x Deep Chunk) and though I didn't have those "cabbage" like leaves, I did have that oily look I hear deep chunk is known to have.

It's a shame I had to get rid of the lady.

OPT

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I've had my breeding session with DC in the last few years. I made several hybrids with DC and can say it's great for breeding. It's mostly dominant in crosses but some strains can be just as dominant too especially when crossing to another IBL. I think DC is great to have in the collection being a unique Indica to breed with. I'm not quite sure what part of Afghanistan Chunk is from but it's definetly from Afghanistan/Pakistan area. I would say from reading in the Hash book that it's from the either Mazar, Kandahar, or Chitral areas. It's one of those natural hash plants from the Hindu Kush range. It's just more of an excotic, probally more of a connossieur hash makers plant. Although it could of of had more vigor in the earlier years before the heavy breeding, who knows. I do know that DC is a very slow vegger and it takes awhile for it to get going. Not good for topping because it just slows it down even more. I like to veg DC for like 3-4 months if I can to get a nice yield and still they are below average. Bottom line DC is a low producer but of high quality dense nuggets. It's definetly one of the prettiest plants I've grown so far, it's so unique. The big fat fan leaves from the start are neat. I also the like the hashy, chocolate, piney, coffee taste it has very unique also. It tastes like you think Afghan would taste. I made small chunks of bubble hash from DC also and it was superb. Hash is where it's at for DC because it being a true hash plant. Pure Indicas have lots of chlorophyll and it taks longer to cure and break down so smoking buds can sometimes be alittle harsher then most. DC is one of the first plants that cashed me out, not by the high just by the potency of the smoke. It's a rich strong smoke but with a mellow body and uppy high. The hash is even more uplifting and clear. I took a break on DC for awhile but I'll be giving it another try later on.

I

icon

ive read that deepchunk comes from the Kandahar area.....ive grown out 2 of cannacopia's strains & their both great, deepchunk crossed with anything will come out good especially if your a deepchunk lover.

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Has anyone crossed Deep Chunk with Bubblegum? Just curious how she would turn out with both being very consistant strains.

tgt

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
deep chunk x with sour bubble would be crazy.....
i did dc x c99 from cannacopia, its dryin now...

OPT

Lapis Mountain Indica

Lapis Mountain Indica

Lapis Mountain Indica (Deep Chunk x Lapis Indica) - Day 20 Flowering

Canna Coco + Flora series
400 watt CMH in 4x4 Grow tent.

Starting to get that glossy look on the leaves. As you can see though from the pics, the leaves just are not looking Deep Chunk like much, must be more of a Lapis pheno.

OPT

aligee

Veteran
just did a cross named @fter my sis ~ Angelkush ~deepchunkXwhitefire!!! would love to send some in too for all to try!!!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
heres the cannacopia dcxc99 from outside....
picture.php

picture.php

Deep Chunk update

Deep Chunk update

Update on the DCs :)

Attachments

• DSCF6271.jpg
    DSCF6271.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF6272.jpg
    DSCF6272.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 6