What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk crosses

G

some nice ones krome.........have some BK x DC goin' as well and this male has been used extensively on select cut's and F2's ...........

G

looking pretty chunky so far guys. cant wait to see how they turn out. :)

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
such interesting crooses krome! im shure i will enjoy this show til the buddy end!

Laughing Jim

man, those are some schweet lookin' plants you have there krome...did they just naturally grow with that tight, bushy mass of leaves at the top, or do you contribute that to the MH light?

G

Update time: Plants are currently on day 42 veg today. They're looking absolutely fantastic. I transplanted the biggest ones last week, but have yet to transplant the others yet. I'm trying to wait for one more week and then I should be moving them to another location to flower. Presently they are in promix with perlite added and being fed floranova grow. In between feedings I'm using nitrozyme or maxicrop and hygrozyme. Some have already began to show their sex while others still haven't yet. I'm still torn between running them in an all organic mix of soil I have or just keeping with the tried and true promix/floranova that's worked so well for me. Any suggestions? I think I will put these into flower by the 1st so be ready. It's not too far off.

wonkanobe, thanks for the encouraging words. From the way they look so far I'm sure there's gonna be something crazy in there.

marijuanamat, thanks for coming through. I'm really digging the tight internodes as well. They're coming before long.

Mtn. Nectar, thanks a bunch. I love the outdoor work. Keep it up man. They're looking awesome under the sun. Don't you have a couple of other crosses going as well. I'm hoping you the best on the harvest. I'll be seeing you around.

High&Lonesome, thanks bud. I'm definitely liking the deep chunk dominance so far. Just so damn pretty to look at. Hopefully there'll be something worthwhile to contribute to your killer thread. Hope to see you around.

Jdogg, I had to know you'd have your hands on some of these. I'm sure you'll have a nice cross of your own before you know it. Get them popping homie.

Hindu Killer, give me some time, but I'll do my best to get some beans made. I got a hell of a lot on the plate right now, so I'll see how it goes.

esbe, glad to have you around. I'm pretty sure it'll be a good show once it gets cranking a little more. Not too far off though. I can't wait.

Laughing Jim, I think that the DC dominance has a lot to do with why the tight internodes. I did go and buy a T5 light just for these beans because I didn't want them to get all stretched out like most of my other beans were doing because I put them under the hps to early. I don't think a T5 can be beat for keeping internodal spacing at a minimum during veg. They've all been moved under a 1K MH on a light rail. The light rail has encouraged a little branching but really not much.

chem2

bubba

chem4

I gotta finish uploading the other pics. BBL with the rest.

Last edited:
W

wonkanobe

DAM DUDE you will have some awsome nugz soon enough. you run promix with f/n whats that ? I have been think off switching from coco to pro mix.

G

Thanks guys. I can't wait to get these girls into flower. I'm going to wait one more week and then it's on like donkey kong. Wonkanobe, yes I use promix and floranova nutes. The flora nova is a one part nute for grow and one part for bloom. Works great for me and a few friends of mine as well. The floranova really seems to go a long way. It's funny you say you're thinking about switching from coco to promix. I've recently been thinking about switching from promix to coco. I've got some botanicare coco ready to be put to use in an uncoming grow. I've decided to grow these out in the promix with floranova because it's tried and true for me and I've got that all figured out. I would hate to mess these up while just figuring out about coco. I'll do a couple of test runs with the coco and then do a comparison after that. If you do decide to use promix, I would recommend the HP (high porosity) as it has extra perlite already added. It's pretty much good to go out of the bale. The BX needs perlite added but works just as well as long as you supplement it. Let me know if you need any other info on promix or floranova. I'm glad to help. I'll get some more pics up this week as it'll be the last week of veg before the real show gets started. I'm real glad I let them veg for this long though, as they would have been pretty small otherwise. Thanks again Wonkanobe for this opportunity. Wait and see how nasty these turn out. They already smell more than any other plants in veg so far. Really looking forward to these. Take it easy and irie everyone.

Krome

G

Hey bra...looking awesome as always..can't wait to try these myself...too bad about Beckham...talk soon

kathmandu

i cant imagine how hard it was to hold during veg for the proper amount of time, bet youre real excited to see what comes out in flowering now, i def am....will be watching this one through for sure.

budchopper

male vs. female

male vs. female

fjällhöga said:
Dc is definately more dominant when used as female part ...
i was thinking when making any cross with 2 different strains
the female traits would be more retained than the male used to pollinate it.
any 1 care to comment on this?