What's new

Deep Chunk...a breeders discussion

G

I got my pk for 305.00 but we're planning on making lots of crosses so its all good..

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
305, was that for some of the tom hill DC? how long does DC pollen usually last? if cured/dried right? i know water is what damages pollen the most. i wish i could use more then a 150w hps right now so i can start this project, waiting is killing me.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
generally pollen lasts over years when dryed/stored properly ... [ - 30°C -deep freeze ]

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll be hybridizing autoflowering plants that are mazar x lowrider F5 IBL, as well as any non-autoflowering plants from the mazar x lowrider with Deep Chunk....

So the pollen will only need to be stored for just a couple months... The autoflowering plants should be done in july or august, so pollen release will be earlier than that.... Could this pollen be stored at room temperature and kept viable for use in the fall on the Deep Chunks?

I have no deep freezer but do have a standard fridge and freezer, and a separate, stand alone freezer.... Would one of these work? I would like to just store at room temperature if possible to maintain pollen viability.... I have an ideal glass tube with a rubberized plastic cork as well as sealed eppindorph tubes for water/airtight storage.... :chin:

Bubba kush x Deep Chunk

Black Indy and Mississippi mud

Black Indy

Last edited:

MedResearcher

Veteran
Im hoping to do some extensive research and crosses using DC Pollen against a variety of strains I already have.

Anyone have any advice where to look for some pure DC Beans at? Do you think Seed Bay is reputable to get good stock from, and is it to late or do they still come up now and then.

Seems I was a bit slow at looking for them :badday:

Soul Crusher

MedResearcher said:
Im hoping to do some extensive research and crosses using DC Pollen against a variety of strains I already have.

Anyone have any advice where to look for some pure DC Beans at? Do you think Seed Bay is reputable to get good stock from, and is it to late or do they still come up now and then.

Seems I was a bit slow at looking for them :badday:

Check out HTC forum, there should be some info in there about DC releases. RW has some DC's up every now and again also. Seedbay isn't the problem, it's usually the postal system.

MedResearcher

Veteran
Thanks for the info SoulCrusher, I appreciate it alot.

Im searching for the HTC forums at the moment, havent stumbled upon them yet. Any chance you have a link?

P

puma

hey pipeline that pic of bkxdc looks just like mine except mine has purp/black/green leaves and the buds are purp and very very very resin covered...

but ya it looks like "IT" from the adams family........

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah it was certianly very tufty and had very wide leaves, it does look like cousin IT! :D Never did get to finish one...

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DC is available every once in a while I hear, as F1 or F2 seed by Richard Williams Seeds...

DC IBL will be released by Hill Temple Collective, once the work is done. Check out the HTC Forum! :yes:

Black Indy is an F5 generation Mazar x Lowrider :yummy:

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks easyrasta! I surely will, but its gonna be a minute errrrr... 8-10 months! :D :drum:

Was quite a nice smoke/vape....

An interesting autoflowering mutant Black indy... Its true, mutants do have the best resin! :yummy: Obviously not a breeding tool though...

Last edited:

Miss T

Deep chunk is great smoke. it can knock you out. OG Bub has been breeeding it for like four years since he got it from Tom. I grew it in 2003 when I got the seeds from Bub 15 out of 15 seeds germinated I got 7 ladies and all were great smoke.
Bub is the best and he likes D.C.
Power house is good too its a Hybrid that he made from Deep chunk. Bub's seeds have always been the best for me never any problems and always what he says they will be. I have grown HTC seeds for the last 5 seasons.
Misty.

muddy waters

you could throw all 10 DC under a 150w HPS, just take about 50-60% of the fans off and cram 'em in, flower from seed and in 4 months from now you have 100-200 pure DC seed to screw with, plus a couple tubes of pollen to hit your selected clones whenever they're ready.

pollen can be sealed inside plastic drinking straws with a little more than a large hardcover book, a business card, and a lighter to seal the straws. Stick that in the freezer inside a tupperware with dehumidfying gelpacks and that should last for a year+

I made a Swazi x DC cross that DC dominates about 2/3 of the F1 phenos... I haven't grown a lot of it but indoors it has made the Swazi taste and redhaired buds possible whereas pure it was a lost cause in my micro setup...

good luck

Brother_Monk said:
$80 DC's? Sounds like another Richard Williams buy.Tom Hill's DC would have been much more I'm sure. Good luck! There have been many reports of really bad germ rates from the RW corner.

Fj's breeding thread may have a few interesting crosses if you care to look. I believe he has already crossed a nice KaliMist with DC. Look for teresas posts.

I'm giving it a go with a nice mexican sativa, as per Tom Hill's advice, to help increase yields. But first, HTC Skunk IBL x Deep Chunk. Skunky Balls anyone? :joint: :jump:

:ying:

I think Skunky Balls would technically be like Beancounter's Cheesy Chunks because he used the UK Cheese which is just a Skunk #1 pheno. This is an IBL (Skunk #1) crossed to an IBL (Deep Chunk) and is a true F1 Hybrid with excellent hybrid vigor.

5 females. 1 pheno was a Deep Chunk pheno that yielded a little over 1 pound. Yep one pound of Monkey Balls. Then there were four 50/50 phenos 2 of which yielded a little over 2 pounds and 2 a little under. 5 plants and 8+ pounds of very dense, super trich covered, fabulous afghani plus columbian taste and very potent. It's the type of high though. Uplifting but not a bit of edgyness, stoned and dazed but not confused. Music is great. I like pot that makes music even more fun than normal.

Last edited:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
awesome tip on the straw storage muddy, never thought off using em like that. that swazi x DC still have the DCs slow vegg?

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hmm tarzan... are you sure this nugs are full-matured? i don't see any purple... & DC crosses usually like to produce colors near harvest time. i have a Skunk x DC cross and it's very purple at the end, with or without low temps ...the low temps are making the purple just deeper. i always have some nice purple coming out in the last week on my skunk~chunks, also during the hot summer grow from this year (indoor).

The vigor is actually not so excellent on the skunk/afghan cross ...the skunk is an ibl but already with some afghani genes... so the cross with a pure afghan is not exploding in vigor... it gives nice stable/uniform plants though. my hybrid is very uniform but it's not growing faster than the original skunk mom that i used and it's finishing shorter (less stretchy) than the pure skunk. so the overall hybrid vigor from this cross is not comparable to a true F1 (indica/sativa - 50/50). I'm growing now some PTK x Destoyer which is half Pakistani and half Thai/mexican ...the plants had No-veg time and they are now nearly 2m tall (over 5ft i think) ...this is what you can call hybrid vigor imo. if planting such a hybrid early outdoor, the plants may grow to the m00n :D

skunk~chunk with no veg

ptk x destroyer with no veg... still growing like mad

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts