What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deadliest catch

but axeman is about idiots... i mean, seriously, when you control the enviroment, there should be NO accidents. the drama is caused by inadequacy, not because of real peril(like with deadliest catch)

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
Um, its simply impossible for a lumberjack (or axmen) to control every single variable around them so no accidents happen. What they do is very dangerous no matter how many safety precautions you take. when you work with trees as big as building and heavy equipment accidents are bound to happen.

ANYWAY

new season of deadliest catch is on now!!! man, ive been looking foward to this and i never look foward to anything on tv.

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
RudolfTheRed said:
new season of deadliest catch is on now!!! man, ive been looking foward to this and i never look foward to anything on tv.

same here

...and u know i'm watchin :wave:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh man did you see that guy get hit in the head with that hook right at the end of the first episode .... ouch !!!!!!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hahahh they are rigging an old pickup truck in place of one of Phils crab pots .. these dudes are funny !!! :D hahah

NOKUY

Veteran
yeah i cant wait to see phil pull up that truk...i guarantee he's gonna just drop it back in and leave it lol

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
lol phils son put a tv on the boat... i thought phil was going to have a heart attack.

and whats with all the bad omans? sigs boat forgets their good luck charm, the one guy doesn't have his good luck spit cup lol, no catches, his moms dream, the prayer losing signal before the season starts.

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
everytime i watch that show i wanna eat some damn CRAB!! grab one of those huge fookers boil it up rite quick... slowly double boil some butter, slice up some lemons!! nice chunk of serloin!! thats my kinda surf n turf!!!!

I bet those guys smoke some of that matanuska thunder funk! crab kush shit! I LIKE IT WHEN THEY MESS WITH EACHOTHERS 'POTS' lol i like the flouer and garbage bag trick!

Last edited:

VictoryGardener

holy hell
Ehhh I saw the first episode tonight and it seemed like most of it was just fluff... It seemed like there was a lot of stalling. I hope the action picks up a a bit in the next episode

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
^^ not really its kinda the same shit usually... they pull up empty pots at first..then they hit the mother load...usually some drama in the middle...lol

I wish sig would have left 'juniors' ass on the dock. That lil bastard got cocky in his time off....that FV Northwestern coat went straight to his head. I cant stand the guy who goes out for ONE season and brags that he is a fisherman....bering sea crab fisherman none the less. The arrogance of that kid.
Did anyone else think that junior(jake) was fucked up when he did get back? That boys eyes were squirrley lookin....like hed been poppin shrooms.
The greenhorn on the wizard is a classic example of 90% of the guys that come here. They realize that they made a mistake real fast. Its the other ten percent that make it to highliner status.

Some interesting reading for some of you that enjoy this stuff.

Spike walker is the author....his books are " Working on the edge" and "Nights of Ice". Both about the same guy. He came to AK with nothing in his pocket and ended up hitting it rich around kodiak with the big crab rush of the eighties. Those guys back then were old school. But im talkin full red crab pots. 300s and 400s in 900lb 10 x 10 pots. These are the guys that used to make $1000 a pot and do lines of cocaine off the bar at the mecca in k town.

Both books I highly recommend.

Great show....but a lil more 'hollywood' in it this year. :joint:

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DC was great last night...those boys are nutso is all I can say, it looks like such hard work...that was so funny when they put that smashed up truck on the crap line and those guys pulled it up!! ...nothin like goin to extremes there! lol ....should be a good season and Ill be watchin them all :D

U

UBER21

Seems like these guys are always in a perfect storm all the time.....lol....great show though...I forget how much do these guys take home after all said and done?....risking ur life and then not meeting ur quota is not my cup of tea....no way

G

Awesome show, watched 3 hours straight the other night until my lil lady held me at gun point for the remote lol.

Shadoobie

Oh yeah it is a fun show to watch. I'm sure there will be more drama....a lot of this seasons shows have been ramping up drama. I wish they wouldn't though..it makes it more like a regular stupid reality show