What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

socialgrow

Hi everyone, first time poster on IC Mag.
Help! My day 70 ILGM Jack Herer Auto(on the left) is having some issues!! It’s run in 10 gal organic soil (alongside a Green Crack Auto) w worms, top dressed regularly primarily with BAS worm castings. I use happy frog all purpose 6-4-5, rainbow mix bloom, worm castings, and a few different nitrogen sources, including malted barley and oats.
JH just went into flower in the past few days after a long veg. The spots are a few nodes down from the fresh growth. Leaf tips are crispy especially on the spotted leaves; ILGM forum users seem to think crispy JH leaves are unavoidable. I was just out of town and saw more necrosis/leaf drop towards the bottom of the plant than I expected, possibly indicating a P shortage.
Based mostly on these reference images and descriptions, my first impression is either Mg, K, and/or P. It could be a pH issue, as I’ve been using oyster shell (component of BAS Coots minerals) with coir without anything to lower/buffer pH. Calcium should be fine, as I used Coast of Maine lobster compost as a base, the bloom mix has bone meal, I’ve top dressed a good bit of crab & lobster shell, and Coots minerals has calcium.
I just gave it a shot of seaweed, lite calmag, ful power, and fish sh!t. I have dolomite I could throw on for Mg, but I don’t wanna further alkalize if that’s my issue.

What do y’all think?

Attachments

• IMG_0657.jpeg
    IMG_0657.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0653.jpeg
    IMG_0653.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0655.jpeg
    IMG_0655.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0656.jpeg
    IMG_0656.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0654.jpeg
    IMG_0654.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0658.jpeg
    IMG_0658.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 40

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Back off the EC because you a burning your plant. Just use water without anything for a while and see if that will help. Fox Farms has a lot of amendments before adding anything. Its easy to cause a lock out adding a lot of stuff to it early on. When I use Fox Farms I only use clean water only for the first 6 weeks and at the start of flowering, I give a very low ppm with every watering. Make sure you use clean water without a lot of alkalinity in it or you can cause lockout.

Latest posts

Latest posts