What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Day 1: Not a Legal Cannabis Seed for Sale in Canada, Anywhere.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
A notable change in the Canadian regulatory system for 2018 is that “black market” genetics (i.e., plants and plant seeds) that are illegal will now be allowed to be brought into a newly licensed facility. The plants or plant materials must be brought into the facility on the first day of licensing, as a one-time influx of genetics. As this was not permitted under the previous regulations, this is seen by many to be a huge opportunity to welcome illegal growers into the new legal market. Note that this is not an allowance for existing licensed producers; it will only be permitted as a one-time allowance for new applicants.

troutman

Seed Whore
If it wasn't for Black Market Genetics as they are called there wouldn't be anything for the LP's to grow with.

No Government certified breeder was making seeds 5 years ago that I'm aware of.

Rider420

SAJLMFAO I see the conspiracy theorists are out in force. ITS A TRAP only Manitoba and Quebec were aware of this conspiracy to stop all home grown weed and that is why they banned home grown weed.

Relax smoke a joint clones and seed will be available by the end of the year and FYI it was the provinces who are dragging their feet on seeds and clones LP have lots of both items and would love to be making even more profits by selling them right now.

Stop smoking that paranoia inducing skunk dude and you would not see conspiracies in your soup.

troutman

Seed Whore
^^^^ I'm mostly into Landrace seeds and don't plan on buying the crap most seed banks sell today.

They can keep their Chick with Dicks Feminized seeds. :laughing:

Rider420

FYI under bill C-45 any medical grower can now give seeds or clones to any recreational grower legally. So where did you get your seeds or clones from? If you say a legal source like a gift from a friend who is a medical grower, its up to the police to Prove it was not.

Rider420

^^^^ I'm mostly into Landrace seeds and don't plan on buying the crap most seed banks sell today.

They can keep their Chick with Dicks Feminized seeds. :laughing:

I've got seeds going back to 81 buddy the seeds you buy today are a lot more potent and easier to grow. Nostalgia is a real thing.

18 weeks for a sativa ya good luck with your landraces. :laughing:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
FYI under bill C-45 any medical grower can now give seeds or clones to any recreational grower legally. So where did you get your seeds or clones from? If you say a legal source like a gift from a friend who is a medical grower, its up to the police to Prove it was not.

Good catch.

ohimaria

Out(of mind)Grower
Congratulations to all the canadian,what do you think of this new flag?:biggrin:

tel-a01-03122016-potflag_large.jpg

:tiphat:

troutman

Seed Whore
I've got seeds going back to 81 buddy the seeds you buy today are a lot more potent and easier to grow.

It's not my fault you have problem growing plants that go longer than 9 weeks. :biggrin:

BTW: Extracts will be more potent than anything you can grow so there. :tiphat:

Now, I'm going to smoke that joint I rolled this morning with finger hash coming from manicuring my Afropips Malawi Gold. :)

Somatek

Do you know the specific section where it states that since there still seems to be a lot of confusion with people thinking the old ACMPR regulations are in effect, which specifically state it can only be for your own medical use?

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Trust me, I've been down that road. But call CFIA anyway and they'll direct you to HC.

I'm not sure I do trust your word on it... you are talking a lot of BS that is totally wrong. Again, have you moved cannabis germplasm into or out of Canada with a license? It doesn't sound like you have.

When I call CFIA they issue me the permits I request, they don't send me to HC.

Seeds are allowed if they are used as bird feed.

Totally untrue, viable cannabis seeds must be imported with a HC license.

You can even import pot seeds AS bird feed, which makes them legal.

HAHA, nice try, but incorrect. Only sterile non-viable cannabis seeds can be imported without HC license, be they hemp or drug cannabis seeds, it does not matter.

All you have to do is make sure they're cleaned and without any foreign contaminates like leaves, dirt, sticks and stems and you're good to go. Again, I've been down that road.

This is standard for international seed shipment; seed must be free from all debris, phytosanitary certificates must be present and the seeds must be shipped with the CFIA permit, HC permit and CBSA registrations. There's other documents also required if you don't want to get spanked with huge import taxes.

-Chimera

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm not sure I do trust your word on it... you are talking a lot of BS that is totally wrong.
-Chimera

You sound like a douche.

This is how I know.
picture.php

CBSA & HC security passes
I've worked with (not for) them for 25 years.

Why don't you research your shit before you shoot your mouth off. I'm giving people the scoop to make and end run around the regulations because they taught me how to grow, and this pisses you off? Fuck you and your ulterior motives. I think I have you figured out already. You want the black market to die. Not gonna happen.

Edit: Next year (around Feb 2019) I'm releasing an iPhone and Android app that will tear the LPs a new asshole and hand it to the black market.

troutman

Seed Whore
They always said it was a seedy business. :)

Whatever you do. Don't say Gypsy made you do it. :peek:

BTW: I imported over 200 grams of hemp seeds from Europe and some were viable with no fancy paperwork.

troutman

Seed Whore
Some Canadian laws are stupid in my view.

Like I always wanted to see a real live Ginseng plant. Sadly, due to overharvest they are an
endangered species in the wild here in Canada. So this Fall, I ordered 1/2 pound of stratified
seeds with no permits from an online vendor.

This is where it gets stupid. By law, if I plant my seeds in a forest even on my own land I'm
not allowed to harvest them. They only want you to grow them artificially under shaded fields
in unnatural conditions. You would think the Canadian Government would encourage people to
grow their own to protect the wild populations which are very rare. I don't have my own land
and said the Hell with stupid fanciful laws and planted them secretly in a forest away from
all human activity. I don't plan on harvesting them all if they grow.

No Wild Ginseng grows near me or has ever been documented so I won't be affecting any
wild native Ginseng. If my seeds produce plants I'll have created something good.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
You sound like a douche.

This is how I know.
View Image
CBSA & HC security passes
I've worked with (not for) them for 25 years.

Why don't you research your shit before you shoot your mouth off. I'm giving people the scoop to make and end run around the regulations because they taught me how to grow, and this pisses you off? Fuck you and your ulterior motives. I think I have you figured out already. You want the black market to die. Not gonna happen.

Amazing you are an insider yet don't know the regulations or the law... we've exported more cannabis seeds to Canada legally than anyone in the past 2 years.

I see you still fail to say how much germplasm you have imported or exported from cannabis... I'm thinking none.

Get on with your app, forum warrior. Some of us are actually doing real world cannabis. ;)

-Chimera

Latest posts

Latest posts