What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Day 1: Not a Legal Cannabis Seed for Sale in Canada, Anywhere.

clearheaded

tweed makes seeds. company in kelowna does. its day 1 sask doesnt even have a supply of flower yet so chillax. lol.rest assured chimera will open a nursery and many others will be selling clones and seeds by next year.

ive seen pics on ig of karma g doing work with broken coast in their grow rooms. they are growing his headstash and doing it pretty well. don't know what the future holds. I trust karma though.

Maple_Flail

This is a joke..

they can't prove that seed you just popped didn't come out of lp gear you just bought the other day.

the Number of LP based genetic S1s? i've got in my collection is unreal. They don't watch for it.. they just let it pass.

moot point, that won't be able to be upheld in court..

Pop em if ya got em ;)

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
I'm working on it, have all the stock ready & import setup and in final discussions with distribution partner for all provinces except Manitoba & Quebec (no home grow).

They just released a compliance document and all cannabis products, including seeds, must be lab certified pesticide free. There are currently no validated pesticide screens for seeds from any of the labs.

Once the seed lots are proven clean, we can import them in bulk and put them on the market. It's going to be over $50K to test all thee different lots... that's the holdup.

Seeds are coming though...

Defacto

Grats Canuks on your legal weed!

If Colorado is any indicator, don't expect a great seed supply anytime soon. :)

Chimera

Veteran
Firstly, with the change in the Cannabis Act Regulation this summer, any LP can take the entire seed catalog of Gypsy, Seedsman and several other sellers, and bring 6,000+ strains into the Cannabis Act regime as "legal seeds". They can grow them out and sell them under whatever damn name they like.

That's not accurate.

If you are talking about the one-time declaration, that is only for new licensees. Existing LPs can't just bring seed in from the street into their facility, they have to import seeds from an approved source, of which there are few independent options.

troutman

Seed Whore
I can see Seed Laundering already. :biggrin:

Steps:

1. Buy shitty Unhealthy Canada approved seeds.
2. Order good seeds from overseas.
3. Feed city pigeon with Unhealthy Canada seeds.
4. Grow super weed with overseas seeds.

That will be the fucking day when I grow Unhealthy Canada approved seeds.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
They can't make seeds illegal retroactively. Seeds were legal if obtained from a country where they were also legal. Plus I got a couple Med bag seeds that turned into 11,000 seeds after I pollinated it. Pollen is perfectly legal to import from ANY country.

All perfectly legal. So go to town on it.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm working on it, have all the stock ready & import setup and in final discussions with distribution partner for all provinces except Manitoba & Quebec (no home grow).

They just released a compliance document and all cannabis products, including seeds, must be lab certified pesticide free. There are currently no validated pesticide screens for seeds from any of the labs.

Once the seed lots are proven clean, we can import them in bulk and put them on the market. It's going to be over $50K to test all thee different lots... that's the holdup.

Seeds are coming though...
They just look at your seeds and say "looks good" Then they take your $1500 and give you a Phytosanitary Certificate. Every country issues them for their exports.

Chimera

Veteran
They just look at your seeds and say "looks good" Then they take your $1500 and give you a Phytosanitary Certificate. Every country issues them for their exports.

There’s way more to moving germplasm around the world than a Phytosanitary & your price is off by an order of magnitude.

Have you moved much cannabis germplasm into or out of Canada legally with permits? Europe? South America? Israel? Australia?

Every country has its own regulations and some require much more than a Phytosanitary permit. Canada requires 3 approvals outside of HC, there also issues with trade agreements, international treaty obligations (for some countries)... it gets really complex.

I hear a lot About it from people who haven’t done it. Most of them have no idea of the complexities or process to become approved & recognized as such.

Chimera

Veteran
They can't make seeds illegal retroactively. Seeds were legal if obtained from a country where they were also legal. Plus I got a couple Med bag seeds that turned into 11,000 seeds after I pollinated it. Pollen is perfectly legal to import from ANY country.

All perfectly legal. So go to town on it.

That’s not true about the seeds. It’s not the seeds themselves that’s the issue, it’s their possession. For example in BC you are limited to 1 Kilo home possession, and 1 seed equals 1 gram, so technically having more than 1000 seeds isn’t illegal.

There is also more to it than the legality of import- importing pollen is not just a free- for all and must be done through the CFIA with permits. Black Market Cannabis seed importers & sellers have been charged under the Act, so it’s definitely illegal.

Caveat Emptor

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Secondly, never mind whether I want to buy them or not -- if they are not for sale, anywhere, then home growing isn't legal. That's the way the Cannabis Act works. Only "licit" cannabis is legal. And to become even arguably legal for recreational purposes, someone, somewhere in Canada, had to at the very least be able to buy one fucking legal seed for a recreational grow.

Do you understand why that might be of importance now?

No.

Its no more important than its ever been. Not much at all.

Somatek

Medical clones available directly from a LP under the ACMPR are not rec weed. You can give rec weed away; the terms of the ACMPR prevent you from doing so with medical weed.[/I]

What are the regulations under the cannabis act now that the ACMPR has been repealed and replaced with in C45?

clearheaded

What are the regulations under the cannabis act now that the ACMPR has been repealed and replaced with in C45?

lol well think that defacto changed since medical patients are allowed there limit PLUS 30 grams of rec weed ;) so u always are passing rec weed not medical weed.. dont get that shit twisted.. or do..or whatever your pulmonary philosophy indicates u do. :tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
That’s not true about the seeds. It’s not the seeds themselves that’s the issue, it’s their possession. For example in BC you are limited to 1 Kilo home possession, and 1 seed equals 1 gram, so technically having more than 1000 seeds isn’t illegal.

There is also more to it than the legality of import- importing pollen is not just a free- for all and must be done through the CFIA with permits. Black Market Cannabis seed importers & sellers have been charged under the Act, so it’s definitely illegal.

Caveat Emptor

Trust me, I've been down that road. But call CFIA anyway and they'll direct you to HC. Bee pollen can be imported with out CFIA or any other permits. Same for all flower pollen.

If you have 1000 pot seeds, just store them in a cupboard next to legit bird seed and you're good. If you're really worried, put them in a bird feed package. Seeds are allowed if they are used as bird feed. You can even import pot seeds AS bird feed, which makes them legal. All you have to do is make sure they're cleaned and without any foreign contaminates like leaves, dirt, sticks and stems and you're good to go. Again, I've been down that road.

Limeygreen

Veteran
It will be nice when the nursery licenses are up and running for people to be able to buy their starting materials. Hopefully much nicer stock than what you can currently buy (medically at least) from the legal framework.

Latest posts

Latest posts