What's new

Dart frogs, finally sprouted

zomg1

thats wicked man, i used to be right into hatching tadpoles every year when i was a kid then raising them into frogs and setting them free at my grandparents acreage, no time anymore though

N707

thats wicked man, i used to be right into hatching tadpoles every year when i was a kid then raising them into frogs and setting them free at my grandparents acreage, no time anymore though

I feel you on the timeframe. If I have kids anytime soon I'm going to have to axe alot of my hobby stuff.
I keep myself very busy between my hobbies, side buis., continuing education, and racing...lol. I selfdestruct in times of boredom....:drum:

:woohoo:Really nice setup man. I keep tons of different animals. I've been meaning to setup a vivarium. Not sure what animal to put in it but im leaning towards dart frogs. :joint:

i like to dabble..... nice vents :)

44441matecho.JPG

44441DSCN5372.JPG

44441ebracatta.JPG

44441DSCN5249.JPG

44441DSCN5195.JPG

44441purps2.JPG

N707

infectualize, that is a nice setuo, real modern look to it. That dart is fucking nice!!! Is that a phylobates morph or a crazy tinc? If you ever have tads Ild glady buy some!!!

That bud is lookin the best though...lol. Nice pics man. You have a D90?

It'f funny, I've had vivs for sometime now and always invisioned having one that was completley self sufficient minus the lighting and mist...well I realsied that I have acomplished just that. I was reading some of my old journals and I reached a major goal without immediatley realising it.
With the vents I have in the viv pictured I donot have to feed anything. The ecosystem is complete to the point that there are stable colonies many little bugs. The next goal is to see them into adulthood and raise tads from them without supplemental feeding...we will see. I suspect that I may have to begin feeding in 5-6 months when all 5 are in there and have reached sexual maturity.
Thanks for the kind words, I'll keep this updated as they progress.

M

Micro420

Pretty frog and terrarium. I've always wanted some or red eye tree frogs. Though I'm into reptiles, I own a Ball Python and Leopard Gecko.

GrüneErd

beautiful vivariums and creatures.
here's my girl (one of them, my fav):
Heidi_1.jpg

Heidi_2.jpg

Heidi_3.jpg

gotta love the reptiles/amphibians, i know i sure do.
peace