What's new

Darlins Net

spazspaz

Trying to get on the board without endless tech struggle. Sorry for the sideways image problem, and weak camera.

Here’s what I hoped would be the best of three Darlins Net phenos on cut day. I love the very thick stems, but there is not much odor. Fairly greasy. It does have that nice perky lemon/lime soda fizz aroma, but likely too faint to keep in a competitive environment.

I just took down a couple lights of this pheno...maybe weight and effect could persuade me to retain mothers. We’ll see. I imagine, but don’t recall reading, that there must be some much nosier phenos (even DMT leaners) that you guys have. I have been selecting for thick stems, especially, and what seemed to be other non-Glue characteristics.

I have a couple other Glue crosses at the moment that favor mom (and/or some other floppy stuff) in stature, while getting some purple and fruit/dessert stank from different genetics. Bradley Danks (worth finding) appears to enjoy fucking around with a number of things, and I stumbled upon some of his exclusive work.

One of the other DN pnenos was starting to show little purplish hints I’ve seen from taking Glue long and cold. It was hardly ever cold though. I cut most of the lights in the room for a couple days, hoping for a scent boost. Maybe helped a little. All my DN went 9 weeks + 2 extra days of dim/dark. I’ve noticed the cure really helps with aroma enhancement on the other two DN I’ve done, but still not a major blast. Pray for intense sweetness to come swiftly.

[COLOR=""][COLOR=""][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Attachments

• C8095D9C-8EEB-446C-9491-CF9E9BAA8638.jpg
    C8095D9C-8EEB-446C-9491-CF9E9BAA8638.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 48
  • EC2408B7-6F3F-481B-B4E8-09C1EA2FDD8E.jpg
    EC2408B7-6F3F-481B-B4E8-09C1EA2FDD8E.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 42076E5B-7B06-48CC-A6BD-36B5DCA3A8FA.jpg
    42076E5B-7B06-48CC-A6BD-36B5DCA3A8FA.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

TheBlaze

Spaz, Dnet is one of the stinkier plants in my room. I selected for the glue dom pheno. Has a nice musk/skunk/sour smell and taste. Very loud!

Interesting DN phenos - anyone see these before?

Interesting DN phenos - anyone see these before?

Hi all; first post here. Just joined after lurking for, I don't know, 4 years-ish.

So 2 seasons ago, I grew three Darlins Nets, one beauty of a male, light green, thin leaves and mega trichomes on the pollen sacs. I pollinated the two DN females, one with green petioles and mega trichomes and the other with red petioles and not quite as frosty. I popped thee of the seeds from the green petiole girl this Spring; one male, now compost and two females.

Both of the girls look nothing like their mother and father and unlike any photos of Darlins Net that I've seen. The light green one has very thin leaves and the deepest serrations that I've ever seen on a cannabis plant. It also has the largest calyxes I've ever seen on a cannabis plant; they're half an inch long! Her sister is very purple.

Has anyone seen phenos like this from Darlins Net? If so, how'd they turn out? Also, please forgive my ignorance; I'm unfamilar with the correct terminology; are these S1 or F1...any education on what these terms mean would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tynehead Tom

I remain as uninformed as before. But nice clone; congratulations.

I'll try and answer with my thoughts on your question..... Those plants in your pics are from seeds you made with original darlin's net seeds? If that is correct than your seeds are F2. The F2 generation will open up the gene pool and an expression from one of the parents genetic make up can give you oddball phenos that are quite different.
pretty common when dealing with multi hybrids.

the darlin's net is not S1(feminized) seed , they were regulars, made with a normal pairing of male(dmt kush) and female(original glue) plants

the clone in my pic was pheno hunted by a friend of mine up here in Canada and passed on to me. I'm calling it the 6Gun cut as it is the growers nickname.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
keep this in mind.

the DMT Kush is a really worked Sour Bubble put out by Grindhouse Medical Seeds and im sure it was worked further by Possum Ridge Genetics.

there isnt much variation within the DMT's i ran from Grindhouse but they all were slow vegging plants with very thick stalks and branching. the leaves would get a dark blue hue to them and they produced dense buds covered in resin and the high was great.

peace

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all; first post here. Just joined after lurking for, I don't know, 4 years-ish.

So 2 seasons ago, I grew three Darlins Nets, one beauty of a male, light green, thin leaves and mega trichomes on the pollen sacs. I pollinated the two DN females, one with green petioles and mega trichomes and the other with red petioles and not quite as frosty. I popped thee of the seeds from the green petiole girl this Spring; one male, now compost and two females.

Both of the girls look nothing like their mother and father and unlike any photos of Darlins Net that I've seen. The light green one has very thin leaves and the deepest serrations that I've ever seen on a cannabis plant. It also has the largest calyxes I've ever seen on a cannabis plant; they're half an inch long! Her sister is very purple.

Has anyone seen phenos like this from Darlins Net? If so, how'd they turn out? Also, please forgive my ignorance; I'm unfamilar with the correct terminology; are these S1 or F1...any education on what these terms mean would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83249&pictureid=2038443&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83249&pictureid=2038444&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83249&pictureid=2038445&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83249&pictureid=2038446&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
At f2 a lot of expressions show up from within the genes. The deep serrations are from the dmt and the thin leaves could also come from that background as sour double is 1 of gg4's parents. Kinda hard to say really as I haven't grown a lot of them out. I mostly looked for gg4 leaners to be with. I made it to bx3 and haven't worked the project in a couple of years now. Tony green continued on without me and has done well with that project.
keep this in mind.

the DMT Kush is a really worked Sour Bubble put out by Grindhouse Medical Seeds and im sure it was worked further by Possum Ridge Genetics.

there isnt much variation within the DMT's i ran from Grindhouse but they all were slow vegging plants with very thick stalks and branching. the leaves would get a dark blue hue to them and they produced dense buds covered in resin and the high was great.

peace
Sadly that project is dead. Lost the dmt stud a few months ago. Gonna have to look through darlins net for potential prospects soon.

Thank you kind sirs. Better informed is better! I know you've done a lot of work with DN Smokin Joe; was hoping you'd chime in; thanks! So the 10 pack that I bought from GLG is F1 then; got it, thanks.

I sprouted another round of DN and of what I call Long Bottom Darlin, which is (Long Bottom Leaf x GG#4...the GLG freebie...which is awesome!) female (SFV OG leaner) x Darlins Net male (GG#4 leaner) and as of today, am 24 hr light veggie the 2 most GG#4 leaners and the Sour Bubble leaners went into the flowering tent with the 8 females of mixed DN, Fire OG, Mickey Kush, Lip Smack and Hwy 101 genetics that are now at ~2 weeks of 12/12.

One of the 2nd round DN is showing purple stem and petioles like one of her older sisters. Have any of you guys that have worked the DN line ever seen prominent purple stems and petioles before? Really long calyxes too...have you guys seen that before? They're 1/2 inch long. I'll try to get some better photos of that.

I hope you do pick up DN again Joe; I'm seeing stuff I've never seen in cannabis before and I've been growing on and off for 35 years.

Thanks all for the insights!

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you kind sirs. Better informed is better! I know you've done a lot of work with DN Smokin Joe; was hoping you'd chime in; thanks! So the 10 pack that I bought from GLG is F1 then; got it, thanks.

I sprouted another round of DN and of what I call Long Bottom Darlin, which is (Long Bottom Leaf x GG#4...the GLG freebie...which is awesome!) female (SFV OG leaner) x Darlins Net male (GG#4 leaner) and as of today, am 24 hr light veggie the 2 most GG#4 leaners and the Sour Bubble leaners went into the flowering tent with the 8 females of mixed DN, Fire OG, Mickey Kush, Lip Smack and Hwy 101 genetics that are now at ~2 weeks of 12/12.

One of the 2nd round DN is showing purple stem and petioles like one of her older sisters. Have any of you guys that have worked the DN line ever seen prominent purple stems and petioles before? Really long calyxes too...have you guys seen that before? They're 1/2 inch long. I'll try to get some better photos of that.

I hope you do pick up DN again Joe; I'm seeing stuff I've never seen in cannabis before and I've been growing on and off for 35 years.

Thanks all for the insights!
The purple is your canary in the mine shaft. Up the mag a bit and she'll green up. That's a gg4 trait.

The purple is your canary in the mine shaft. Up the mag a bit and she'll green up. That's a gg4 trait.
You're the man Joe! Will do on the Mg. I was hoping it was correlated to GG4...so stoked to know it does! Gonna be an awesome season!

Nice to know a guy who can read canarys!

Thanks!

Morcheeba*

Veteran
...Sadly that project is dead. Lost the dmt stud a few months ago. Gonna have to look through darlins net for potential prospects soon....

that is sad news b/c everything ive grown made w/that DMT Male is seriously good at stopping my spasms every time and i dont think it will be too hard to find a suitable DMT dom male when you get back to that project.

peace.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that is sad news b/c everything ive grown made w/that DMT Male is seriously good at stopping my spasms every time and i dont think it will be too hard to find a suitable DMT dom male when you get back to that project.

peace.

I've probably got a pack or 2 somewhere with your name on em.

Check out the pre-flower calyxes on this purply Darlins Net...she's reverting back to veg now...returning to flowering for real in early August. Hopeful that this girl is going to make monster buds.