What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Darlins Net

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bet she does, and plenty of em.
I wouldn't worry too much about the purple unless it takes over the green new growth.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
I've probably got a pack or 2 somewhere with your name on em.

hell yes, ill always make room for anything DMT.

im waiting on my DN clones to root so i can flip the mom in a few wks. she has been growing outside in a shed and not in the best condition but she is a beast.

peace

I bet she does, and plenty of em.
Great to know that you think so Joe! Thanks for offering your opinion. Round two has produced another purple pheno DN. I'm hoping it turns out to be male; will make F3 (did I get that right?) seeds if so. If not, may have to trying reversing one or both of the purple girls. Never done it before, but never had such a promising looking girl! And I know I can learn all about here on ICMag!
I wouldn't worry too much about the purple unless it takes over the green new growth.
Very good to know; thank you. I'm just using good old General Hydroponics Grow then switching to GH Bloom. The friendly retailer where I bought them told me that the Grow (and Bloom?) has elevated Ca and Mg, so I don't need to supplement with either further. Anyhoo, gonna roll with it, happy with the results over the last 4 years.

I look forward to sharing flowering photos when she and her all green, deeply serrated leaf sister go into flower for real. Curious what you well informed veteran DN wranglers will think.

Much Thanks All!

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great to know that you think so Joe! Thanks for offering your opinion. Round two has produced another purple pheno DN. I'm hoping it turns out to be male; will make F3 (did I get that right?) seeds if so. If not, may have to trying reversing one or both of the purple girls. Never done it before, but never had such a promising looking girl! And I know I can learn all about here on ICMag!

Very good to know; thank you. I'm just using good old General Hydroponics Grow then switching to GH Bloom. The friendly retailer where I bought them told me that the Grow (and Bloom?) has elevated Ca and Mg, so I don't need to supplement with either further. Anyhoo, gonna roll with it, happy with the results over the last 4 years.

I look forward to sharing flowering photos when she and her all green, deeply serrated leaf sister go into flower for real. Curious what you well informed veteran DN wranglers will think.

Much Thanks All!

No micro?

No micro?
You mean micronurtients right? I'm sensing an opportunity to become better informed again. Don't want to lean on you too hard, but if there's a good thread that covers this area of my ignorance, I'd sure appreciate a point in the right direction. What the heck was I doing when lurking here for 4 years? Honestly, mostly Funny Pictures are Funny...:eek::

I'll seek through the Forum for intel on micronutrients too.

Thanks for caring about the state of knowledge of others here Joe; many benefit because you are the way you are.:thank you::tiphat:

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's been a few years since I used the so I'm not up on what products they have now. I used to the flora series. It's a 3 part. Grow, micro and bloom.

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Check out the Lucas Formula....i ran Heads modified Lucas for years with great success at 6 mils micro / 9 mils bloom for veg and 6/12 for bloom...no Grow whatsoever, plenty of nitrogen in the micro.

.......................................................................................
General Hydroponics Flora Series Feeding Strategy - Lucas Formula

G-M-B (Grow-Micro-Bloom)
0-5-10 - For Vegitative cycle (18/6)
0-8-16 - For Flowering cycle (12/12)

The numbers indicate the number of mililiters of Grow, Micro or Bloom formulas that I use in one gallon (US Liquid) of nutrients.

You will notice I don't use any of the Grow formula, don't need to, the Micro provides plenty of Nitrogen.

There are two ways to work with this formula:

1. Top off the reservoir daily using a pH corrected water solution as required to maintain full reservoir level. After adding back an amount of water equal to the amount of your reservoir capacity you should change the reservoir and put in fresh solution.
2. Top off the reservoir daily using a pH corrected 100% strength nutrient solution as required to maintain full reservoir level. Continue to use this nutrient solution without dumping the tank unless the PPM rises above acceptable levels.

Between vegitative and flowering cycles you should dump your nutrients, then flush (possibly with Clearex) to remove salt buildups, then change to the other feeding program.

For young plants, just transplanted into the hydro setup, give them 50% strength nutrient mix to prevent overfeeding them while their young. Gradually bring up the mix to full strength as they grow over the next few weeks or so.

The lucas formula is normally intended for use with RO or near 0 PPM water.

NOTE: The lucas formula eliminates the need for epsom salts to correct Mg deficiendies in most normal feeding programs recomended by manufacturers. Cannabis needs a lot of Magnesium to thrive. The Flora Micro is providing the Nitrogen and the Mg in the proper balance, thus there is no need for the Grow formula and little or no room under the 'acceptable' PPM limit of 1600 @ 0.7 conversion.

Expected PPM levels:

At .5 conversion:
0-4-8 = 473ppm
0-5-10 = 592ppm
0-8-16 = 947ppm

At .7 conversion:
0-4-8 = 663ppm
0-5-10 = 829ppm
0-8-16 = 1326ppm

Addback Calculator (For Advanced Users)

Say you were running the 0-8-16 formula, at .7 conversion with a 22 gallon res. When you first fill it up, your ppm will be 1330.

Now you have been growing for a week, and some of the water has been taken up by the plants, some has evaporated, and now your res is at 947ppm. You need to get your ppm from 947 to 1330. Here is the equation:

((target-current)/target)*8 mil's per gallon*res gallons = micro double this figure to get bloom mil's

Example:
((1330-947)/1330)*8*22
(383/1330)*8*22
0.3*8*22 = 53 mil's micro

53 mil's micro double that and get 106mils bloom. So 53micro and 106bloom to add back to your 22 gallon res to get you from 947 to 1330.

All courtesy of Snaps_Provolone
...........................................................................................

It's been a few years since I used the so I'm not up on what products they have now. I used to the flora series. It's a 3 part. Grow, micro and bloom.
OK, yea, that does sound familiar. Looking at caljim's GH protocol is a bit intimidating; I'm a simple soil grower, but the wise learn from the experience of others...I strive to be wise...accordingly, GH micro is in my plants future. Thank you!

Check out the Lucas Formula....i ran Heads modified Lucas for years with great success at 6 mils micro / 9 mils bloom for veg and 6/12 for bloom...no Grow whatsoever, plenty of nitrogen in the micro.

.......................................................................................
General Hydroponics Flora Series Feeding Strategy - Lucas Formula

G-M-B (Grow-Micro-Bloom)
0-5-10 - For Vegitative cycle (18/6)
0-8-16 - For Flowering cycle (12/12)

The numbers indicate the number of mililiters of Grow, Micro or Bloom formulas that I use in one gallon (US Liquid) of nutrients.

You will notice I don't use any of the Grow formula, don't need to, the Micro provides plenty of Nitrogen.

There are two ways to work with this formula:

1. Top off the reservoir daily using a pH corrected water solution as required to maintain full reservoir level. After adding back an amount of water equal to the amount of your reservoir capacity you should change the reservoir and put in fresh solution.
2. Top off the reservoir daily using a pH corrected 100% strength nutrient solution as required to maintain full reservoir level. Continue to use this nutrient solution without dumping the tank unless the PPM rises above acceptable levels.

Between vegitative and flowering cycles you should dump your nutrients, then flush (possibly with Clearex) to remove salt buildups, then change to the other feeding program.

For young plants, just transplanted into the hydro setup, give them 50% strength nutrient mix to prevent overfeeding them while their young. Gradually bring up the mix to full strength as they grow over the next few weeks or so.

The lucas formula is normally intended for use with RO or near 0 PPM water.

NOTE: The lucas formula eliminates the need for epsom salts to correct Mg deficiendies in most normal feeding programs recomended by manufacturers. Cannabis needs a lot of Magnesium to thrive. The Flora Micro is providing the Nitrogen and the Mg in the proper balance, thus there is no need for the Grow formula and little or no room under the 'acceptable' PPM limit of 1600 @ 0.7 conversion.

Expected PPM levels:

At .5 conversion:
0-4-8 = 473ppm
0-5-10 = 592ppm
0-8-16 = 947ppm

At .7 conversion:
0-4-8 = 663ppm
0-5-10 = 829ppm
0-8-16 = 1326ppm

Addback Calculator (For Advanced Users)

Say you were running the 0-8-16 formula, at .7 conversion with a 22 gallon res. When you first fill it up, your ppm will be 1330.

Now you have been growing for a week, and some of the water has been taken up by the plants, some has evaporated, and now your res is at 947ppm. You need to get your ppm from 947 to 1330. Here is the equation:

((target-current)/target)*8 mil's per gallon*res gallons = micro double this figure to get bloom mil's

Example:
((1330-947)/1330)*8*22
(383/1330)*8*22
0.3*8*22 = 53 mil's micro

53 mil's micro double that and get 106mils bloom. So 53micro and 106bloom to add back to your 22 gallon res to get you from 947 to 1330.

All courtesy of Snaps_Provolone
...........................................................................................
Zoiks jim! Wow; I've got a lot of learnin' to do. S'okay, kinda what Life's all about. Much thanks for the detailed tutorial. I'll seek to adapt this to my hoophouse soil in pots grow. Evolving is fun! :good:

This place rocks!

Tynehead Tom

I run Lucas formula as well.
per gallon 8mls micro/16mls Bloom
For original Glue(GG4) and any of it's crosses I add 2.5ml granulated Gypsum with every feed and watering because they have such high calcium demands.
I also run PH in the 6.6 to 6.8 range
I'm growing in sunshine mix #4

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good news
Grindhouse is hooking me up with a hefty pack of DMT beans. I'll be able to hunt a male and a female. It will be fun using a DMT female to redo some our crosses.
DMT dream has had the best feedback for pain relief so maybe DMT x blue dream (r).
I'm kinda giddy about getting some dmt back in my life.

Good news
Grindhouse is hooking me up with a hefty pack of DMT beans. I'll be able to hunt a male and a female. It will be fun using a DMT female to redo some our crosses.
DMT dream has had the best feedback for pain relief so maybe DMT x blue dream (r).
That's awesome news Joe! Know you'll do great things with them.
Hoping you'll take a look at the three phenos of DN that I saved from round 2 of DN F2 seed sprouting. I'm amazed at the degree of variability. I presume the left one is DMT (SB) leaning...can't really tell from the top shot, but it is super purple...and the right one looks like the standard middle of the road DN, but the middle plant really looks chem-like to me. I know it's looking a little Mg deficient, I'm working on that. Can anyone confirm that the middle plant looks chem-like? And have any of you DN wranglers ever seen a pheno like this?

Anyhoo, comments from anyone familiar with DN phenos are welcomed.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Good news

def want some of that work joe

Tynehead Tom

I popped the last of my Darlin's Net beans.
got 4 males, 6 females..... kept 2 males, different phenos tall one and a short stocky one.
Here's the females
4 are smaller as they took longer to show and went out to the greenhouse today. The bigger two weren't much bigger than those when they went outside 7 or 8 days ago.
be light depping these after cloning.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Those photos are really helpful Tom. I've got three different F2 phenos of DN. Based on your photos, it appears that the middle one in the attached photo is the most like yours. Will be interesting to see their flower expressions. I'll take clones of all three in a few weeks to use for breeding with a DN male and a LBD [Long Bottom Darlin = (Long Bottom Leaf x GG4) x DN)] male.

Please post your DN flowers when they show and so will I.

Cheers!

Tynehead Tom

Those photos are really helpful Tom. I've got three different F2 phenos of DN. Based on your photos, it appears that the middle one in the attached photo is the most like yours. Will be interesting to see their flower expressions. I'll take clones of all three in a few weeks to use for breeding with a DN male and a LBD [Long Bottom Darlin = (Long Bottom Leaf x GG4) x DN)] male.

Please post your DN flowers when they show and so will I.

Cheers!

I'm finding very little variation between the 6 females I've got here. All seem to lean more or less to the DMT side I'm thinking. I don't see any telltale GG4 signs like the twisty leaf identifier that is seen in the right hand plant in your pic.
4 of my plants are shorter than the other two only because 2 went outside and got transplanted a week before the others. Crazy what a week in a larger root space can do to a plant LOL.
Here are my 6 girls
picture.php

picture.php

I also have a cut we call the Six Gun cut that is from Darlin's Net F2 seeds I made with a glue leaning male and a strong flavored, really good yielding female. I stuck her in an 18gallon rubbermaid tote to blow her up real nice.

Thanks Tom. Have some cuttings of all three phenos in the cloner now. Whichever proves best with flowering the moms will be the focus of next winter's breeding project.

I'll keep up with photos.

Thanks!

DN F2 #1

DN F2 #1

Hey all you DN Wranglers; has anyone seen this growth pattern before? Hard to believe, but the plant in the photo below has not been topped. I know I would have a hard time believing that, but it's true. It's also displaying two other odd patterns: 1) it's continued to put out female flowers all the way since it first started flowering in early March and has continued to through the Summer Solstice and 2) it's stopped throwing 5 bladed leaves and started throwing 3 or even 2 bladed leaves.

Has anyone seen any of these patterns before? If so, was it a keeper pheno?

It's super branchy and super short, so from a volume of bud per volume of space, it's gotta be unbeatable...seems like a bonsai Darlins Net.

Thanks for any info.